Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listening to Chris Havel on the way home. He said he has on good source that Capers and his entire staff will be relieved...for whatever that is worth to you.

I've never been so happy in my entire life

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Listening to Chris Havel on the way home. He said he has on good source that Capers and his entire staff will be relieved...for whatever that is worth to you.
You mean they are relieved because they get to collect a paycheck from the Packers another year???:eek:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I have one issue with the "fresh blood" take that I've heard from many. Most teams have a hierarchy and I would bet that the Packers defensive position coaches need to generally follow Caper's lead. I don't like cleaning house for the sake of cleaning house. If there is a good coach (such as Perry or maybe Moss), I would hope that they get a chance. No sense throwing out the baby with the bathwater just because you don't want to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work.
I don't care what defensive coaches get shown the door, as long as one of them is Capers. Toss as many of them suckers out that's necessary. Just get the hell rid of Capers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Horrible! He got asked too leave because his OLBs did not integrate with the rest of the defense. He has no experience running and managing a staff. We have no idea on his creativity or even fundamental game planning. He would be a big step down from even Capers. It's not a job you can do just because you are a great player or if you are enthusiastic.

But I am really curious, why do you think he would be a good choice?

No clinical expert answer here; I just thought the line-backing corps was going in a very positive direction when he was here. They seemed to me to be fired up and doing a pretty good job. Packers news said that Greene's departure was a surprise to McCarthy. http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...2/10/kevin-greene-eyeing-return-nfl/80179502/

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Vic Fangio is gonna be our guy on DC he did good in San Fran and had the bears d turned around

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of connections with Dom Capers too... could be a easy transition idk watch capers say he is retiring to keep it classy

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard same from other source..

But I mentioned a few weeks ago, he might quit

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Horrible! He got asked too leave because his OLBs did not integrate with the rest of the defense. He has no experience running and managing a staff. We have no idea on his creativity or even fundamental game planning. He would be a big step down from even Capers. It's not a job you can do just because you are a great player or if you are enthusiastic.

But I am really curious, why do you think he would be a good choice?
Asked to leave?

I have a good source that says greene wanted to be close to family and wanted out. I even posted that at 4he time his wife didn't like GB .

Now your saying he was forced out? I will call bs

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I think its time to shutdown the clock. Capers is finally gone.

Now I wonder how soon will some make the next Fire X thread that will last many years.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asked to leave?

I have a good source that says greene wanted to be close to family and wanted out. I even posted that at 4he time his wife didn't like GB .

Now your saying he was forced out? I will call bs
I heard meetings were getting heated and OLBs were being criticized for not playing within the system. I heard that Greene was offended. I heard there would be coaching changes.

I guess I might be wrong. I always thought that meant he was going to be fired. But maybe that Greene wass going to leave.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
It only took 129 pages and 3200+ posts to accomplish our goal.

FEAR THE POWER of PACKERFORUM POSTERS!!

Bwaaaaah -ha-ha!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wait! What?Did I miss something? Was Capers fired? The guy is like Jason from the Halloween movies, I'm not counting him out until I see it with my own eyes!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess TT finally caved into our pressure and relieved Capers of his duties.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A good article on the subject matter and how TT and MM are all intertwined in this decision. Funny thing is, no mention of Murphy's role in things if both TT and MM sit on their hands. I'm still on the fence when it comes to TT, I don't think his "lame duck" status is doing the Packers any good. He may not want to rock the boat too hard just before he leaves, for fear of a total capsize and the sinking his legacy forever.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ers-mike-mccarthy-packers-coaching-staff-2018

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be a start, but I can’t blame this entire dumpster fire on capers, although he was definitely holding the can of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts