FINALLY getting to visit Wisconsin...Where in Green Bay should I go??

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

check out a forum called The Green Bay Life. Look for it in the forum's section. Many threads there that may be of interest to you now. All Kidding aside.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How bout any suggestions for things to do or places to eat supper in Milwaukee???[/quote
Ok

Safehouse in Milwaukee- awesome place to visit as it is very unique..Secret door to enter and to leave..Password needed to get in....Never had the food, but good place to drink :)

conejitos in Milwaukee- very good mexican food, Cheech from Cheech and Chong loves going there as he once said..It is like what his mother used to make.

A very new mexican place in called Revolution in Milwaukee...I LOVE IT...

Our zoo is very good, and lot of people think it is top 5 in country

Take a beer tour at Miller

If in Milwaukee on a Friday night go to a fish fry...Depending on where you are staying at, could be more than a handful of great places.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Go to the Prime Quarter. Beats the hell out of Brett Favre's Steakhouse. You get to pick your meat and cook it around a roaring fire while you talk to Green Bay Folks.

I agree, Prime Quarter is a great place to experience at least once. The pieces of meat are HUGE!

If you get a chance, you should drive up to Sturgeon Bay. It's an amazing little town. I'm looking forward to actually visiting when it's not the middle of the Winter. For whatever reason, I usually visit Wisconsin in Nov-December. It's a great time, but I would love to see it in August, as well.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Prime Quarter is a great place to experience at least once. The pieces of meat are HUGE!

If you get a chance, you should drive up to Sturgeon Bay. It's an amazing little town. I'm looking forward to actually visiting when it's not the middle of the Winter. For whatever reason, I usually visit Wisconsin in Nov-December. It's a great time, but I would love to see it in August, as well.

Another great place to visit is Door County in October. Beautiful drive up there. Quaint little towns and Lake Michigan.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I gotta stop coming here, it's breaking my heart. :( I have never had the privilege to visit Green Bay or Wisconsin. It's on my bucket list. :(:(:(

OP
OP
C

cowgirl22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody!! I'm pumped!! I'm registered for the 5k at Lambeau, and I have a super long list of places to go/things to do while in Green Bay!!

OP
OP
C

cowgirl22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are there any Packer-related things to do/places to go in Milwaukee/Brookfield??

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are there any Packer-related things to do/places to go in Milwaukee/Brookfield??
Longtimefan posted this. Don't know if you saw it. I'm not that familar with Milwaukee except the Miller Brewery. Best bet for Packer related things I'm thinking is a sports bar. Long time would know.
cowgirl22 said:
How bout any suggestions for things to do or places to eat supper in Milwaukee???[/quote​
Ok​
Safehouse in Milwaukee- awesome place to visit as it is very unique..Secret door to enter and to leave..Password needed to get in....Never had the food, but good place to drink :)
conejitos in Milwaukee- very good mexican food, Cheech from Cheech and Chong loves going there as he once said..It is like what his mother used to make.​
A very new mexican place in called Revolution in Milwaukee...I LOVE IT...​
Our zoo is very good, and lot of people think it is top 5 in country​
Take a beer tour at Miller​
If in Milwaukee on a Friday night go to a fish fry...Depending on where you are staying at, could be more than a handful of great places.​

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Have a great time. Would love to go there one day. As heard it is nice. Hope you all have a great time there at the game.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there is the trifecta of brewery tours in Milwaukee by going to on the Miller, Sprecher, and Lakefront tours. However, as for the specific request about Green Bay I know that they are trying to create a "heritage" tour. It allows people to walk around to the different locations that have special meaning in Packers history. You could probably do some research in order to do your own tour since I don't think that the heritage trail has been created yet. Here is an article about it:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-history/2fba3a2e-cb5a-4e05-9afc-bcfe2d7f7473

The Heritage Trail is finished now and ready to go! There is a walking portion in the downtown area that is just over a mile long, and there are a few other sites you would have to drive to see.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody!! I'm pumped!! I'm registered for the 5k at Lambeau, and I have a super long list of places to go/things to do while in Green Bay!!

See you there, Cowgirl 22! My husband and I will be there all week next week, and I can't wait! Shareholders' Meeting, new Heritage Trail, 1st practice session, Packers Partners Event, 5K - so many things to do and see. I'll even get to meet up with some of the women I have only met on the "She Loves the Packers" Facebook page - they feel like old friends, though we have never met. I've been there many times, as a Wisconsin native, and each time is better than the last. You will love it!

Reaction score
Cowgirl.
What type of food do you like? Milwaukee has a wide variety of great restaurants. I get there frequently and am partial to mexican (5th & National Ave. area) Botanna's or La Fuente's are both good choices.
For something a little fancier (white table cloth) my vote would be Eddie Martini's in Wauwatosa (many times we have just sat in the bar area and ordered appetizers and a bottle of wine). There are several neat little pubs and taverns in the downtown area. Check out the River Walk (obviously along the Milwaukee river) and the Milwaukee Ale House in the Third Ward District (micro brewery / food / blues music). Have fun!

Members online

Latest posts