Favre's first Packer game? vs Vinny Testaverde

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw it mentioned on NFLTA -Favre's first game experience as a Packer was against Tampa Bay and a 28yr old Vinny Testaverde:

In the second game of the 1992 season, the Packers played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Buccaneers were leading 17-0 at half time when head coach Mike Holmgren benched starting quarterback Don Majkowski and Favre played the second half. On his first regular season play as a Packer, Favre threw a pass which was deflected and caught by himself. Favre was tackled and the completion went for -7 yards. The Packers lost the game 31-3, chalking up only 106 yards passing.

Full Wiki Article

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw it mentioned on NFLTA -Favre's first game experience as a Packer was against Tampa Bay and a 28yr old Vinny Testaverde:

In the second game of the 1992 season, the Packers played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Buccaneers were leading 17-0 at half time when head coach Mike Holmgren benched starting quarterback Don Majkowski and Favre played the second half. On his first regular season play as a Packer, Favre threw a pass which was deflected and caught by himself. Favre was tackled and the completion went for -7 yards. The Packers lost the game 31-3, chalking up only 106 yards passing.

Full Wiki Article

Whoa! I did not know this. I didn't realize this was the first time Favre played for the Packers in a real game.

OP
OP
P

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know it either. Rich Eisen mentioned it briefly so I looked it up. Funny that they could play against each other Sunday

Members online

Latest posts