Favre to Stay Retired!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judd just received a phone call from Brad Childress who said he talked to Brett Favre and that he was informed that Favre is staying retired. Childress cited the daily grind both mentally and physically as part of the reason why Favre remained retired.

“I just think it was a rare opportunity to explore a Hall of Fame quarterback who had background in the NFC and in this division,” Childress said. “He knows our system inside out … This doesn’t change anything about how I feel about our football team.”

SOURCE: StarTribute.com

I guess we can ALL move on now and look forward to winning out division!

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will believe it when the season kicks off...in week 17. Over all though I think this is a very good decision. He seemed like he wanted to play, but his body just wouldn't let him. Cheers to a great career Brett, thank you for not playing for the enemy

Schmitty327

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just gonna tell myself that Brett did it to cause problems in the locker room and cause distrust between the other QB's and Childress. Good move Brett.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just gonna tell myself that Brett did it to cause problems in the locker room and cause distrust between the other QB's and Childress. Good move Brett.
YES!!! Favre was working for the Packers all this time!
In all seriousnes, it'll be good though, but I'll believe it when I see it. Favre's retirement is just another myth like the lock ness monster and the vikings superbowl ring.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am laughing my butt off. Minnesota did nothing to really improve their QB position. Sage Rosenfels? Tavaris Jackson? ROFLLMAO!! Childress may be done as a Head Coach if they don't make the playoffs this year, and now they hang their hopes on Favre and Favre tells them no thanks.

Sucks to be them.

Can't say I'll hurt for them, though, Go Pack Go!! :D

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is awesome!! Now the Vikes really are in trouble, they banked so much into Brett. Oh well, I would of been pretty upset if he played for the enemy.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a tiny part of me that wanted him to sign with the Vikings just to see the Packers play the Vikings with Favre won their team. It would've been two really tense games.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesotta is left with either this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4UvKrdafqY]YouTube - Tarvaris Jackson Gets Lit Up By Chris Clemons[/ame]
or this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0]YouTube - Sage Rosenfels Helicopter hurdle[/ame]
And what's worse, they've both been abandoned by their teammates (Jared Allen desperately calling Favre, anyone?), or worse, by their coaches. Favre was washed up, but was an improvement nonetheless. And now this guys desmotivated and untrusted? They may very well be the third force now. Given that they won't take Favre back if he has the "itch" again sometime in august or september. And if they do, then it'll be Favre who won't have the support of his teammates. Wow. This move may very well have killed their chances...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never stopped loving him as a player. Just lost all respect I had of him as a person. Maybe in time I'll convince myself that he did all this not because he faked everything, but because he has the mentality of a 4 year old. (#4...)

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyway you cut it TT doesnt look smart ... i know you guys love you some TT however he isnt the answer ... we still have to look at another subpar season ,, with the Brett news we can at least look forward to being 3rd in the devison infront of the queens ,,, unless they sign Mike V ... :dontknow:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't be done with the Favre drama for at least another month. If it hasn't started already, in a few days or couple of weeks the rumors and speculations will start again: Favre has the itch to play. Favre feels better. ETc., etc.
If Minnesota's qb's struggle in the preseason - or one gets hurt - it won't take much to reignite the Favre kindling over there. I'd say the final nail in the coffin won't be struck until the third preseason game. If Favre isn't in by then even the Vikings will have to admit that there's no time left for him to have any chance of being ready for the opener.
However, even that doesn't rule out a later unretirement where Favre comes in during the season.
In any event Favre has tarnished his legacy as a Packer badly by his attitude and behavior in the past year. He's not joining the Vikings out of any respect for the Packers'fans, who gave him such support and adulation for 16 years. He's only doing "the right thing" because his soon to be 40 body isn't allowing him to play against the Packers out of spite for a season.
There's nothing noble or sensible in him about this. Love Favre again? Not in the same way as before is the best I can say.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean, Mr 31-33...???

You will find out how smart he is when the Packers tank this year. The guy is an idiot, and he sucks.

TT is a bag o' ******...

Can't wait for you fools to find out.

Ok Jeremiah Johnson ;)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he has an itch to play and goes for another team, as long as it's not the vikings (seems like they won't take him anymore) or the bears (got cutler), I'm fine with it...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has been playing football every year of his life since he was a little kid, so I can understand how difficult it is for him to face the first year in his life without it.
The alcholholic craves a drink. The obsessive compulsive itches to gamble. The 'ol gunslinger feels the stirring of football season.
What Favre should do - and should have last year - is stick to retirement, go thru "the withdrawal" and move on with the rest of his life.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he has an itch to play and goes for another team, as long as it's not the vikings (seems like they won't take him anymore) or the bears (got cutler), I'm fine with it...

Why?

Are you afraid that Favre would whip the Packers and prove all of Ted Thompson's critics right?

Something that you know, deep down that you want to share?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why?

Are you afraid that Favre would whip the Packers and prove all of Ted Thompson's critics right?

Something that you know, deep down that you want to share?

I would have to say the explanation they would have has been said probably 100xs already..

and I highly doubt it has anything do to with proving anyone right or wrong....

Can you start to really contribute to this forum other than just trolling, name calling, and general nonsensical posts?

Or are you going to hide on packerslounge under the name Jeremiah Johnson rest of your life?

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He prefers to stay retired than to play for Minny! LOL.

Yeah, I cheered when I heard the news. I hope he really means it this time though.

Latest posts