Favre to Stay Retired!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there is no new update to the Favre situation, so I am hoping he meant it when he said he is going to stay retired. Definitely glad he didn't wear a purple jersey, that would of just ruined it for me...

And yeah, I cheered too. :)

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
From a business perspective, Favre's approach to retirement can be translated to the way he played football. In countless situations, the fans were kept on their toes with an uneasy confidence wondering if he'll pull off a touchdown or interception.

His southern roots also shed some light on his decision making; slow and careful thinking with his family involved. Kinda like Gomer Pyle and Lou-Ann Poovie trying to make up their minds; drive anyone batty.

Overall, I like the outcome. Brett played a year with the Jets and the Packers used their third round from the Jets for a trade up with the Patroits. Excellent business decision on Thompson's part.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

A great business decision by Mr. 31-33...a third rounder who "may" be able to contribute in three years for a HOFamer.....

Whoo hooo...way to keep that "mediocre" streak going Ted...

The clueless Homers will always support you no matter how much you suck!

:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah..

A great business decision by Mr. 31-33...a third rounder who "may" be able to contribute in three years for a HOFamer.....

Whoo hooo...way to keep that "mediocre" streak going Ted...

The clueless Homers will always support you no matter how much you suck!

:happy0005:

And the clueless homers will always support Brett no matter how many times he lies :happy0005:

hows the library?

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah..

Fortunately, we didn't trade away a HOFer. We traded away a guy who hadn't played like a HOFer in quite a while, who was 39, whose arm was giving him trouble, and who didn't feel like he wanted to participate in offseason activities.

He also didn't feel like being our backup, which is what he would have been because the simple truth is that Aaron Rodgers was a better QB in 2008 that Brett Favre.

Time waits for no man, Levens, and it wasn't waiting for Favre. Once an exceptionally good QB, by the summer of 2008 we had a better guy at the helm.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bullsh*T..

Here's a stat for you...

13-3

Here's another..

6-10

I really think you believe the bull**** that comes out of your mouth...unbelievable...

Thompson was afraid of Favre coming back because he KNEW AROD couldn't beat him out and he wanted his "boy" to start so he "anointed" him...

pathetic.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
None of us will forget that magical 13-3 season in '07. Brett's "over the top" HOF performance that year was the most exciting for me since Superbowl XXXI. Who could have predicted that one?

Butt! Everyone seems to have a big butt. Well, here's my big butt. My sense had been growing that Brett was fast becoming stale and I wanted to see new blood. The team had become so young that a new quarterback was the best solution for a such a burgeoning team. Out with the old. In with the new.

Members online

Latest posts