FAVRE TO JETS RUMORS BOGUS

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm said:
There's a rumor making the rounds that the Jets are interested in acquiring Packers quarterback Brett Favre, even after signing 54-year-old Vinny Testaverde on Tuesday to help replace Chad "I Think They've Finally Figured Out That I'm Not An Real NFL Quarterback . . . Was It The Hairdo That Gave Me Away?" Pennington.

As the rumor goes, the Jets would want Favre to commit to playing in 2006.

We're told that the rumor is bogus, and that the Jets have no interest in Favre.

Frankly, the Jets should be interested in Favre and any other warm body who can come in and get the job done. The most obvious match is Tennessee's Billy Volek, who already knows offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger's system from their time together with the Titans.

To get Volek, the Jets would have to swing a trade. And given that starter Steve McNair is one snap, crackle, and/or pop away from the scrap heap himself, it's unlikely that the Titans would let Volek vamoose.

The things some people come up with eh? Brett's said numerous times he's too old to start somewhere else new. Still I found it amusing :)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
The things some people come up with eh? Brett's said numerous times he's too old to start somewhere else new. Still I found it amusing :)

two pointless threads, i vote for profootballtalk rumor news to be outlawed from this forum

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The probably started the rumor so they could report the rumor, as they later reported that the rumor is bogus. :)

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm said:
There's a rumor making the rounds that the Jets are interested in acquiring Packers quarterback Brett Favre, even after signing 54-year-old Vinny Testaverde on Tuesday to help replace Chad "I Think They've Finally Figured Out That I'm Not An Real NFL Quarterback . . . Was It The Hairdo That Gave Me Away?" Pennington.

As the rumor goes, the Jets would want Favre to commit to playing in 2006.

We're told that the rumor is bogus, and that the Jets have no interest in Favre.

Frankly, the Jets should be interested in Favre and any other warm body who can come in and get the job done. The most obvious match is Tennessee's Billy Volek, who already knows offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger's system from their time together with the Titans.

To get Volek, the Jets would have to swing a trade. And given that starter Steve McNair is one snap, crackle, and/or pop away from the scrap heap himself, it's unlikely that the Titans would let Volek vamoose.

where does this crap from from anyhow?

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha I just posted a comment in another thread about how I heard of this. No way Green Bay would just "trade" Favre...there would be much more too it. Can't imagine him in another uniform.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cdnpackfan said:
Haha I just posted a comment in another thread about how I heard of this. No way Green Bay would just "trade" Favre...there would be much more too it. Can't imagine him in another uniform.

I can never stomach him in another uniform. :puke: I would be doing that before then. :puke:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Pennington is a good QB..trying to come back from a tough injury...

(I think they tried to bring him back too soon...Look what happened to the Majik man with the same injury...)

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping Bollinger can pull a Tom Brady for the Jets. It's highly doubtful, especially considering he's going against the Ravens defense. But I seen Brooks in a preseason game last year for the Jets and he looked impressive on a late scoring drive to win the game. I didn't see or hear how he did this preseason though. But I would like to see the ex-Badger do well, so I'm pulling for him.

Members online

No members online now.