Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And I'm sure if he said "No Comment", Packer fans would have been all over that as some type of slight. Like I said, anything from the man says or does that has to deal with the Packers will elicit a negative response from Packer fans.

Not hardly..

I am sure you are aware how the national media is blasting him (majority is from what I have been hearing and reading) on how he shouldnt have said his latest statement...

So just not Packer fans that think he was in the wrong

He has a history of saying just the wrong thing about the team..

I.E to Peppers end of last season.."Go beat the Packers"

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Jennings offered a bit of a shot back at Favre on NFL Network yesterday -

“I just saw [Favre's comments] for the first time today,” Jennings said. “When you first hear it, you’re kind of like, ‘What?’ But knowing Brett, knowing the competitive guy he is, he’s never really going to give it all up to Aaron. I don’t think he should because I don’t think Aaron would give it up to him, trust me. But we played with Brett, we had success with Brett. We didn’t go all the way with Brett, but we did with Aaron. I think that kind of speaks for itself.”

Boom. Roasted.

Duvlek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe im jus tryin to turn a it into sumthin positive. ..considering how da cardinals beat da packers in the playoffs 2 years ago, i think Favre is sayin that he's surprised they ain win the super bowl that year too instead of the saints winning it. .cuz had they had won dat game. .ion believe the saints nor the vikings, or colts would hav stopped em. .and Favre knew that due to da 2 regular season games in which Rodgers torched the vikings 2ndary as well as how he wuz playing against da cardinals. .could have easily been back to back super bowls in my eyes. .but hey i could b tripping . ..either way, more fuel for da packers to win this year.. .

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thread, so if this has been posted I apologize. Rodgers is going to be on Playing Lessons this Tuesday on The Golf Channel. On TGC website they have a video of him sitting in a cart answering questions about Favre from Brandel Chamblee. This would have obviously been taped a while back. While you know he has to hate answering questions about Favre, take a listen to this. Then decide who has more class.

http://www.golfchannel.com/tv/playing-lessons/?hj=xfs

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thread, so if this has been posted I apologize. Rodgers is going to be on Playing Lessons this Tuesday on The Golf Channel. On TGC website they have a video of him sitting in a cart answering questions about Favre from Brandel Chamblee. This would have obviously been taped a while back. While you know he has to hate answering questions about Favre, take a listen to this. Then decide who has more class.

http://www.golfchannel.com/tv/playing-lessons/?hj=xfs

Anytime you are around GREATNESS you have to soak it in...

He called Brett GREAT

So for those that say Rodgers never said Brett's name... Well now you can stop that..He mentions Brett's name at least twice..

So for those playing along, Rodgers called Brett great, and mentioned his name twice..There once was a place where people claimed Rodgers would never say Bretts name, and Rodgers doesnt give Brett respect..

I would say that is giving Brett respect?

Then again this place says that anyone one under center could have won the S B last year...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
maybe im jus tryin to turn a it into sumthin positive. ..considering how da cardinals beat da packers in the playoffs 2 years ago, i think Favre is sayin that he's surprised they ain win the super bowl that year too instead of the saints winning it. .cuz had they had won dat game. .ion believe the saints nor the vikings, or colts would hav stopped em. .and Favre knew that due to da 2 regular season games in which Rodgers torched the vikings 2ndary as well as how he wuz playing against da cardinals. .could have easily been back to back super bowls in my eyes. .but hey i could b tripping . ..either way, more fuel for da packers to win this year.. .

I tried to interpret this via Babelfish, but no luck. :D

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, I wonder what Duante Culpepper, Warren Moon, Rich Gannon, and Fran Tarkenton have to say....why do I care what a washed up ViQueen QB has to say about out team????

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Jennings offered a bit of a shot back at Favre on NFL Network yesterday -

“I just saw [Favre's comments] for the first time today,” Jennings said. “When you first hear it, you’re kind of like, ‘What?’ But knowing Brett, knowing the competitive guy he is, he’s never really going to give it all up to Aaron. I don’t think he should because I don’t think Aaron would give it up to him, trust me. But we played with Brett, we had success with Brett. We didn’t go all the way with Brett, but we did with Aaron. I think that kind of speaks for itself.”

Boom. Roasted.

I think that statement speaks for itself all the way.

Favre's recent comments have been a spark everywhere, even people down here have been talking about it. There's a lot of people on the Gulf Coast that still love the guy (since he's from close by) and then there is some like me trying not to hate him, but totally agree he really should keep his mouth shut.

You get the impression from that comment that Brett don't want us to have a good quarterback. He would prefer us to have an average one or maybe a Tony Romo that blows games so we could all look back and say "Damn I wish we still had Brett!".

Even if he don't like Rodgers, he could at least suck up and say "Wow, he's pretty good." Keep in mind, it took Favre 5 years to win a Super Bowl compared to Rodgers' 3. He SHOULD HAVE SAID he was surprised he won a Super Bowl in less time it took him.

Reaction score
Can I just say something for all those that keep bringing up the 08 season:
The Favre Fans that say, "Well Aaron went 6-10 with a team that was in the NFC Title game, so he sucks!"

Ok, so with that logic, how about we talk about the 2010 season....
"Brett Favre went 6-10 with a team that was in the NFC Title Game, and oh by the way, Randy Moss joined them, so...?"

And then there's the skip bayless "Brett was 8-3 with the jets!"
... okay, That jets squad took mark sanchez to 2 AFC Title Games, how come Brett couldn't do anything with them, aside from choking and finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs to the flippin' dolphins?
How about we talk about . "how favre went 6-10, while Rodgers was 10-6 and won the SUPERBOWL with the Pack!"
idk, i really hate skip bayless.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre clears the air

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...mments-on-aaron-rodgers-were-misinterpreted/1

Sure didnt take long to correct this...

Now maybe people can move along, as there is nothing to see here
Said I wasn't going to comment anymore, but couldn't resist.

I believe Favre. I believe he believes that.

So that kind of answers a question I posted earlier, whether Favre was intentionally taking a jab at Rodgers or if he just had lost the ability to discern reality from hype.

Favre didn't mean any harm, he's just incapable of praising Rodgers without backhanded compliments. His own greatness got so much into his head, he actually believes what he is saying.

Favre has gone delusional.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I just say something for all those that keep bringing up the 08 season:
The Favre Fans that say, "Well Aaron went 6-10 with a team that was in the NFC Title game, so he sucks!"

Ok, so with that logic, how about we talk about the 2010 season....
"Brett Favre went 6-10 with a team that was in the NFC Title Game, and oh by the way, Randy Moss joined them, so...?"

And then there's the skip bayless "Brett was 8-3 with the jets!"
... okay, That jets squad took mark sanchez to 2 AFC Title Games, how come Brett couldn't do anything with them, aside from choking and finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs to the flippin' dolphins?
How about we talk about . "how favre went 6-10, while Rodgers was 10-6 and won the SUPERBOWL with the Pack!"
idk, i really hate skip bayless.
Well, that Jets team didn't have Ryan, they had Mangini, so...

But you really shouldn't be paying attention to skip bayless. Instead, here's something more intellectually interesting:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is blowing this so out of proportion its ridiculous. Maybe it's because Favre was the only Packer quarterback I ever saw start for the Packers until Aaron, I don't know. Yes I hated him when he was playing for the Vikings because he was not a Packer, but now that he's not a Viking, I do not hate him.

First of all why the hell would he tutor Aaron when he came into the league? It's not his job. We ALL know Favre is one of the most competitive players ever to play the game, why would he tutor his competition? He knew he only had a few seasons left, why would he want to shorten it even faster? He knew Aaron was damn good and only had a matter of time until it wasn't his team anymore. We all know Aaron is a smart guy, I'm sure he learned a lot on the sideline. It is NEVER a veteran's job to mentor a younger player, especially when that younger player is direct competition. It's a lot easier with other positions because they both get to play, but with QB, it's one or the other.

I also don't get why it's such a problem that he says Aaron is lucky that he fell into a good team? He's damn lucky. What if he doesn't get overlooked by the 49'ers? What is he doing there? He certainly is not putting up the same numbers there that he is putting up here. I'm sure he would be putting up numbers better than Alex Smith, but nothing even remotely close to what he is putting up here. Also he would not have a Super Bowl Title. Everyone is lucky in the NFL. Hell, Favre is lucky to, he was a recipient to the QB in front of him getting injured. Look at Tom Brady, if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt, maybe he's not playing for a few more seasons, that takes off 2 Super Bowls for Tom right there.

And I think it's true that this is one of the most talented teams in Packer history, what's wrong with him saying that? I think it's a statement of respect considering that 96 team was one of the greatest teams I've ever seen in my life. ( I'm only 22 so my Packer history isn't as storied as most others).

I'm not one of those people that doesn't like Aaron because he isn't Favre. I love Aaron. He's everything I want in the leader of this team. I BLEED Green and Yellow. I love the Green Bay Packers, always have, always will. I just think that most of everyone sounds like high schoolerls that are pissed about some other guy stealing their girlfriend that is still mad after all these years. Or maybe Favre is texting pictures to your wives/gf's.

The breakup between him and the Packers was not on the greatest terms, I have no problem with his competitiveness to want to stick it to the Packers. That same competitiveness is what I grew up loving and seeing every Sunday for the majority of my life.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to post recent thoughts on BF.
But I'm gonna take a cue from previous posters, embrace the present time of A-Rod and move on.
See ya in other threads and posts.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Jamie Dukes on NFL Total Access this morning. He said that the Packers and Aaron Rodgers were whiners -always mad and whining about something. Next time he is in Green Bay, we need to let him know how we feel about him...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm beginning to have a change of heart, sort of. Some of you folks make some good points about embracing Aaron Rodgers. Perhaps the best way to do that would be to have Favre sign up for one day, retire as a Packer, have the big ceremony, make nice, then relegate him to the past so we can all move on. Then he'd have his final recognition and since he'd retire as one of the Pack, he'd be more inclined to support the Pack.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what we really need is some kind of Sportscenter promo with both Favre and Rodgers.

Favre is drinking from a water fountain. Rodgers walks up behind him and waits. After a bit, Rodgers say "almost done?" Favre turns around and says "yeah," then starts drinking again. And keeps drinking... THIS IS SPORTSCENTER.

Favre is sitting in his cubicle. Rodgers walks by and says "Hey Brett." Favre says "Hey Aaron." Heads stick up over the walls of the cubicles all across the floor. Camera pans to the next cubicle where a Sportscenter anchor is on the phone, saying "No, no, forget that. We have a new lead." THIS IS SPORTSCENTER.

Rodgers is sitting in his cubicle, throwing paper through a garbage can basketball hoop. He makes an impressive shot as Favre is walking by. "Pretty good shot" Favre says. The camera pans over to a couple Sportscenter anchors, sitting outside Rodgers' cubicle, scribbling notes furiously. "Just pretty good?" says one anchor. Favre shakes his head and walks away. Rodgers just stares at the anchors. Finally, the second anchor says "How do you think that compares to some of Brett's shots?" THIS IS SPORTSCENTER.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all why the hell would he tutor Aaron when he came into the league? It's not his job. We ALL know Favre is one of the most competitive players ever to play the game, why would he tutor his competition? He knew he only had a few seasons left, why would he want to shorten it even faster? He knew Aaron was damn good and only had a matter of time until it wasn't his team anymore. We all know Aaron is a smart guy, I'm sure he learned a lot on the sideline. It is NEVER a veteran's job to mentor a younger player, especially when that younger player is direct competition. It's a lot easier with other positions because they both get to play, but with QB, it's one or the other.
BS. Aaron mentors all the QBs on the squad.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
new words by favre:

""Nothing, for the most part, surprises me anymore,'' Favre told USA Today. "But I have to admit (the reaction to) this one surprised me.
"It is very [infrequent] when I do interviews. I was very gracious and complimentary of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.""

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...ction-aaron-rodgers-comments-according-report
I trully believe that was as gracios and complimentary as Favre can be, and that his intentions were as good as possible.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BS. Aaron mentors all the QBs on the squad.

Yeah and how many of them are actually competitive for the starting job right now?

Also everyone *****es that he didn't mentor Aaron, and then most people come right back and say "well good thing he didn't because he would have just taught him how to throw interceptions!!!"

You can't have it both ways.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts