Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Sometimes the best thing to say is to say nothing at all. Or least say congrats and that he is proud to say he played with some of those guys and leave it at that.

Favre had the right to play if he wanted to, just the way he went about it was dirty and bush league.
And I'm sure if he said "No Comment", Packer fans would have been all over that as some type of slight. Like I said, anything from the man says or does that has to deal with the Packers will elicit a negative response from Packer fans.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
And I'm sure if he said "No Comment", Packer fans would have been all over that as some type of slight. Like I said, anything from the man says or does that has to deal with the Packers will elicit a negative response from Packer fans.
Similarily, anything Packer fans say or do that has to deal with Brett Favre will elicit a negative response from Raptorman. Just sayin'.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But in this situation its just the Packer fans, the players, retired players, media, and other teams fans that are out to get brett?

Kinda seems like you're trolling at this point.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
But in this situation its just the Packer fans, the players, retired players, media, and other teams fans that are out to get brett?

Kinda seems like you're trolling at this point.
So now I'm a troll for disagreeing with people ? So much for free discussion on subjects. Of course anything I say from this point will just bring negative response from everyone else so I will leave the subject.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now I'm a troll for disagreeing with people ? So much for free discussion on subjects. Of course anything I say from this point will just bring negative response from everyone else so I will leave the subject.

I don't think you're a troll at all, you're pretty much one of us. But you're the only one sitting around wearing purple. We are having a discussion, it's OK to disagree on things from time to time. This forum would be boring as hell if everyone agreed all the time. You make things fun and you bring a unique perspective to this forum. The topic of Favre just seems to press people's buttons a lot more than I ever thought possible. Nobody is really right in this situation anyway.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and remember not to let a tool like Favre drive a wedge between friends, regardless of what colors we may wear.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are just arguing to argue with anything that has been said involving Favre. You are grouping all Packers fans together in generalized statments. On top of that you make out Packer fans to be bitter but ignore the rest of the outbust from the media, current packers, former packers, current and former non packers. So when we say it, its just us being bitter but if someone else says it....

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yet honestly anything that deals with 4, Favre, or anything that is remotely close to "that guy" is flamebait on this forum. I let it go, I was going to stay out of this argument since my only thought is with a few modifications Rodgers did what Favre couldn't, and it all current Packers have been being pretty professional and respectful.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF is evil. He is turning us against eachother.

That's why I said he is Voldermort or He who must not be named.

Lets just face it. Favre will be haunting us forever. Might as well have some fun with him. Lets make a game out of it and cast him in Harry Potter. I already have Favre as Voldermort and Aaron as Harry Potter but the rest of you need to cast all the other Packers.

I say we amuse ourselves and have some fun with Favre. He doesn't seem to be good for anything else other than causing mutiny and open hostility.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
It matter not what Brett says, just about every Packer fan will bash him. He could have said, "I'm glad that Rodgers won, I knew he would do it, and McCarthy is a good coach. And the Packers have a fine team this year." and Packer fans on all forums would be bashing him for some reason. "Oh, he didn't mention Ted", "He's a lying sack of crap", You all put him on a pedestal when he was with the Packers and when he fell off he hurt every one's feelings. Here's one thing I have noticed in the last 3+ years, I have not read one positive comment about anything the man has said from a Packer fan on any board. Everything he says has some hidden meaning, or is backhanded or self serving. He could say "Cocker spaniel puppies are cute" and Packer fans would bash him. What I don't get, is why the hell do you still care? He's been gone for going on 4 seasons.

Perceptions of people change over long periods of time. What I thought of Brett in the '90s as compared to some seven years ago are two completely things. As for the godlike statues and pedestals, we have an unwritten agreement with the pigeons. They can defecate on our statues so long as they fly out of the way when we're driving by. Don't bring up the dogs man. Peta and Vick could be lurking. Have you ever cared about anything or anyone beyond four years?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know something Kitten thinking of it I could see Favre faking his own death. Just to gain some attention. Try to make people join his side.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
That's why I said he is Voldermort or He who must not be named.

Lets just face it. Favre will be haunting us forever. Might as well have some fun with him. Lets make a game out of it and cast him in Harry Potter. I already have Favre as Voldermort and Aaron as Harry Potter but the rest of you need to cast all the other Packers.

I say we amuse ourselves and have some fun with Favre. He doesn't seem to be good for anything else other than causing mutiny and open hostility.

Holloweens coming up. Favre can haunt us by walking out of his swamp like Frankenstein.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I haven’t read through this thread so pardon me if this point has been made. The words of the classless attention-***** have backfired. Not only is favre being bashed nationally for his damning with faint praise insults, the status and stature of Aaron Rodgers has only increased. I am so thankful it is Rodgers who succeeded favre and the contrast between the two could hardly be more stark. Rodgers takes historically good care of the ball particularly when it matters most, favre was foolishly reckless with it, even when it mattered most. Rodgers has stayed almost perfectly above the fray; a picture of class and professionalism. favre is just the opposite and apparently its his goal that everyone know it. Someone please tell him everyone knows.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I haven’t read through this thread so pardon me if this point has been made. The words of the classless attention-***** have backfired. Not only is favre being bashed nationally for his damning with faint praise insults, the status and stature of Aaron Rodgers has only increased. I am so thankful it is Rodgers who succeeded favre and the contrast between the two could hardly be more stark. Rodgers takes historically good care of the ball particularly when it matters most, favre was foolishly reckless with it, even when it mattered most. Rodgers has stayed almost perfectly above the fray; a picture of class and professionalism. favre is just the opposite and apparently its his goal that everyone know it. Someone please tell him everyone knows.
10 x"s "like"

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the topic about favre's "back-handed comments" on rodgers... maybe it came out the wrong way? I think favre truly believes that rodgers should have been a multiple SB winner by now. After all, Favre did spend a couple of years with rodgers... and favre was able to guage aaron rodgers potential.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've learned in years of therapy that the ex-husband doesn't deserve to remain in your thoughts without paying rent. Barf Fart needs to go away. I'm tired of thinking about him...like my ex-husband.
I need to forget about your ex husband too.
Like the time he came home early and found me in your bedroom closet.
Man, was that embarrassing!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the one hand I think you could be right.
On the other, up to now all I see from you is speculation.
Do you have any examples of after the fans started getting angry at Favre, he said anything positive towards the Packers and we took it the wrong way?
Any examples that prove your point?
I honestly don't know of any, but if you got something I'd be curious to know.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know something Kitten thinking of it I could see Favre faking his own death. Just to gain some attention. Try to make people join his side.
Thursday is poker night with Andy Kaufman, Jim Morrison, Brett Favre and Elvis.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Perceptions of people change over long periods of time. What I thought of Brett in the '90s as compared to some seven years ago are two completely things. As for the godlike statues and pedestals, we have an unwritten agreement with the pigeons. They can defecate on our statues so long as they fly out of the way when we're driving by. Don't bring up the dogs man. Peta and Vick could be lurking. Have you ever cared about anything or anyone beyond four years?

Green Bay fans care because Green Bay has a rich history and a rich continued relationship with its fans. In many cities, a player has a great career, then retires somewhere else and goes on with life apart from the ball club. Some former Packers live in Green Bay and continue to have some influence with the ball club and the community, like Fuzzy Thurston. Even former legends who no longer live in Green Bay still keep very close ties, like Bart Starr, Boyd Dowler, and Dave Robinson. Green Bay, its fans and the Green Bay Packers are linked unlike any other city in America. Pittsburgh, for example, has former players living in the city, like Franco Harris and Lynn Swann, and contributing to the community, but because it is a city, the impact just isn't the same. Green Bay fans hope and look forward to good continued relationships with its legends.

I'm one of those who admired Bart Starr as a player a bereaved Father and now admire him as a wise, gracious and charitable businessman. Starr has remained involved in some manner or another with the team all these years. That's the way it is in Green Bay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts