Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It matter not what Brett says, just about every Packer fan will bash him. He could have said, "I'm glad that Rodgers won, I knew he would do it, and McCarthy is a good coach. And the Packers have a fine team this year." and Packer fans on all forums would be bashing him for some reason. "Oh, he didn't mention Ted", "He's a lying sack of crap", You all put him on a pedestal when he was with the Packers and when he fell off he hurt every one's feelings. Here's one thing I have noticed in the last 3+ years, I have not read one positive comment about anything the man has said from a Packer fan on any board. Everything he says has some hidden meaning, or is backhanded or self serving. He could say "Cocker spaniel puppies are cute" and Packer fans would bash him. What I don't get, is why the hell do you still care? He's been gone for going on 4 seasons.

The man has done it to himself. Honestly what can you say when he felt bitter against the Packers when they drafted Rodgers? In America's Game Rodgers said it himself, "He felt like he had to prove he was still the man in Green Bay", and he even said it himself that it's not his responsibility to teach Rodgers? What do you have to say about that? Than he thinks he can pull off "Well I'm retiring and now I'm coming back and expect to do what I want", it got into his head.

Of course I'm going to bash the guy. He hasn't been nothing but a thorn on the organizations side... I mean Rodgers handled the situation so well. You never hear Rodgers talking smack about Favre do you? Face it he's been so arrogant since he left Green Bay. I am not going to lie, but was I angry when they released Favre. Hell yes I was. I grew up watching that man, 5 years old when I first seen him play in 1992... and he pulls all this crap, how fair is that to the fans? Sorry but ever since he handled the separation from Green Bay he hasn't been nothing but a cry baby.

I mean I really admired this guy. I was so angry and frustrated when they traded him... I grew up watching this guy. Than he decides he's going to say and do what he wants because he's Brett. He decides he's going to come back and tell Ted "Well I know you guys are anticipating Aaron to start but I'm coming back to play" attitude. He should just keep quiet and enjoy his retirement. The more that comes out of his mouth, the more and more he pushes me away personally. Face it, Rodgers has been a hell of a QB, and you wish you we're in that position.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You see, that's the problem. "He should have stayed retired". That's the attitude of Packer fans. He did his job, now get the hell out and keep your mouth shut. And of course Brett is the only one to blame. TT and the Packer have no blame in the situation because, well they are the Packers and they can do no wrong. But of course you will all defend TT. Because we have know idea what he and Brett ever talked about nor will we. What's really funny, is if Rodgers sucked, what Brett says wouldn't even be an issue because people would be so ticked at TT that they traded him.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see, that's the problem. "He should have stayed retired". That's the attitude of Packer fans. He did his job, now get the hell out and keep your mouth shut. And of course Brett is the only one to blame. TT and the Packer have no blame in the situation because, well they are the Packers and they can do no wrong. But of course you will all defend TT. Because we have know idea what he and Brett ever talked about nor will we. What's really funny, is if Rodgers sucked, what Brett says wouldn't even be an issue because people would be so ticked at TT that they traded him.

He should have stayed retired. He has ruined his legacy or scarred it for awhile. When someone acts the way he does, his persona has gotten him no where and his decision to join the Vikings was a big thing for Packer fans. If he would have just been respectable no one would have so much negativity to the guy. He's become one of the NFL's biggest on field divas since he left GB.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
When it's noticed that he's gonna broadcast some college game, almost noone comments/notices/watches.

But when his name is linked to Rodgers somehow, suddenly a ton of interest arises.

Favre is only being relevant because of Rodgers... If he did the same comment towards Brady or Manning, the response of the people would be much smaller...

Call it the mama bear effect if you will,... mess with one of our own...its going to fire people up!
I saw the thread that he was going to broadcast a game, and didn't want to comment , hoping he would finally just go away, but he can't do that.... no...
He's a junkie for that attention and he needs a fix... so out of his mouth spouts that ridiculous comment.
And once again people are talking , he's got the front page of NFL.com..

And the comments that we would of been bashing TT if Rodgers didn't work out may have had some truth to it,
but hindsight is 20/20 and thankfully they pulled the rug out from under BF basically saying "Your not bigger than the game and you will no longer hold this team hostage by your antics"
At first I was so upset that they could do this, but again hindsight...I"m SO glad he wasn't our problem the last few years!
and even more grateful that Rodgers proved himself as the bigger person, SB or no SB.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
He should have stayed retired. He has ruined his legacy or scarred it for awhile. When someone acts the way he does, his persona has gotten him no where and his decision to join the Vikings was a big thing for Packer fans. If he would have just been respectable no one would have so much negativity to the guy. He's become one of the NFL's biggest on field divas since he left GB.
I really don't want to hate the guy. He was a great player & a major part of our teams history. I would love to see him humble himself enough to salvage his image with Green Bay & the fans.
I'm pissed that he continues to act like a self centered diva, forcing me to have this negative feeling toward him. Dammit.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. Since he did that, it's been one unfortunate event after another. He went to the Jets only to become involved in WeeWeeGate. Then the mishap with the Vikings. It's almost likes he's gone into a downward spiral. It's a shame to be honest with you. He shouldn't be remembered by Packers fans this way. It shouldn't happen. I don't care for him very much anymore but the part of me that has any remaining sympathy for him on the human level just wishes him well and that he finds some contentment. Everybody deserves at least that no matter how vindictive we want to be. You can find amusement in his misfortunes all you want but there comes a time when you just feel sorry for him even though he made the bed he is lying in. But then he goes and makes statements like this about Rodgers and the whole fiasco hits the ceiling again. If he wants to keep himself in the spotlight, that's fine. He deserves whatever he gets then. But there is still a part of me that feels bad. It's probably a wasted emotion.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what Favre's scared of... he's scared of the Packers repeating as champions, and thus virtually wiping him out of significance. That's why he made his comment "it's hard to repeat, but it's not" like it's soooo easy to repeat as Super Bowl champions. If it was so easy, why couldn't he do it? He knows that if the Packers win a second straight Super Bowl, he ends up pretty much forgotten about. Who knows, maybe he's sipping champagne now that Peyton Manning got hurt and now may not break his records.

I think every time he says something stupid like this, the Packers should wait another year on retiring his number. So until he can manage to go 5 years without badmouthing the Packers, he doesn't get that big ceremony.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I really don't want to hate the guy. He was a great player & a major part of our teams history. I would love to see him humble himself enough to salvage his image with Green Bay & the fans.
I'm pissed that he continues to act like a self centered diva, forcing me to have this negative feeling toward him. Dammit.
So tell us, what would be the proper answers to the questions he was asked. What answers would not make him a self serving diva? I want to know. Because I don't think anyone on this board can come up with an answer that would not tick someone off. So I challenge anyone on this board to come up with the "Proper" answers to the questions he was asked.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
why are you playing the devils advocate? If your looking for praises for him, your on the wrong board!

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre was a great talent, but i think rodgers ceiling might be higher.

Favre obviously has sour grapes. He knows that if rodgers wins another SB with the packers, favre will be a footnote in history, while rodgers could have a case for GOAT (barring injury with his current pace).

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
God. I don't mean to interfere since I am a life long Colts fan, but the reason I read here so much and watch the Packers on the side is because of Rodgers. I thought Favre was great, but Aaron is truly truly special.I never thought I would watch a QB that I was even more impressed with at times then Manning or Brady. Rodgers is still young but the combination of talent and intangibles he has shown me is jaw dropping. I literally gush over the guy so much at times it makes Colts fan want to puke. I have gone as far as to say he reminds me of Joe Montana and that might be getting carried away but so be it.

Favre is jealous. He was great but he knows Rodgers could be greater.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
why are you playing the devils advocate? If your looking for praises for him, your on the wrong board!
You are all blasting him for what he said. So tell me, what could he have said in an interview that would not have ticked off just about every Packer fan. The point being that you are all are so hateful of him, it matters not what he says, just that he says something. Prove me wrong. Tell me what he could have said the would not have been self serving or back handed.

Don't worry, I don't expect anyone to actually try. Because if someone actually does, I expect it to take them at least half an hour to do it. I doubt anyone here could do it in the time frame that he did in the interview.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
#1...why would anyone want to ask him questions?
#2... why don't you answer my question?
#3 ...no one cares about any "time frame" to come up with a response to that!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Some more of Brett's words. What do you think of these?
More on Rodgers...
when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He’s got tremendous talent, he’s very bright and he’s a good player. I don’t think there’s any pressure on him now, I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
#1...why would anyone want to ask him questions?
Because he was in a radio station.
#2... why don't you answer my question?
It's simple, I'm proving the point that no matter what Brett says or does, he will be bashed.
#3 ...no one cares about any "time frame" to come up with a response to that!
Of course not, because that would require people to think about what might not tick them off. During an interview you don't have the chance to take the time to think about what you are saying.

Why don't you answer mine. Tell me what he could have said that would have been correct.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are all blasting him for what he said. So tell me, what could he have said in an interview that would not have ticked off just about every Packer fan. The point being that you are all are so hateful of him, it matters not what he says, just that he says something. Prove me wrong. Tell me what he could have said the would not have been self serving or back handed.

Don't worry, I don't expect anyone to actually try. Because if someone actually does, I expect it to take them at least half an hour to do it. I doubt anyone here could do it in the time frame that he did in the interview.
Brett: I am very impressed with Rodgers, and I wish him continued success. The Packers are a great organization with great fans and I am very proud to have been a part of that. I am glad I was a spoiled little ***** and refused to have a shred of decency and give Aaron any help, because lets face it - he is far better at being a QB and a human being than I ever was. My assistance would have only hurt Aarons, excuse me, Mr. Rodgers development.

By the way, I am sorry to Packer nation for being such a ***** and for trying to stick it to the Packers by signing with their rivals. It was foolish of me to try to improve the Vikings and make them champions. Aw shucks, I'm just a stupid old Mississippi farm boy.

I know I have alienated most Packer fans, but I know I can still count on Raptorman to have my back, as long as some hot babe will have my front, or at least texts of it, if you know what I mean.

Brett didn't have time to come up with a diplomatic and intelligent answer that he can run past a PR person. Thats the point. So he spoke from his heart. And at his heart he is apparently a bitter frustrated old man.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

A simple, "I'm very impressed with the way Rodgers has played and the way he has handled himself. I wish him and the Packers all the success in the world," would of sufficed.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really surprised this thread is THIS LONG.

Does it even matter any more? Favre is irrelevant to the Packers organization at this point in time. Let's stop arguing and continue to move forward. The past is the past. Favre brought the GB Packers 1 SB win and 2 NFC Championship wins (not to mention 3 MVP's).

Rodgers so far has proven he is a much better quarterback then Favre...but let time play it out. I like where the Packers are heading, so no need to add wood to the fire by bashing Favre. He is bitter obviously, I say leave him alone. When the time is right, the Packers will retire his number and he will humble himself and apologize.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
A simple, "I'm very impressed with the way Rodgers has played and the way he has handled himself. I wish him and the Packers all the success in the world," would of sufficed.
If he had said that they would have said he was condescending and jealous. Oh, and he didn't mention Ted. You all read what you want to into what Brett says and then take him to task for his answers.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for a media moratorium on anything Favre. I don't give a flying-fig what HE thinks about Rodgers. If there is any news about BF prior to his inevitable induction into the HOF; it will be way-too-damn soon!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he had said that they would have said he was condescending and jealous. Oh, and he didn't mention Ted. You all read what you want to into what Brett says and then take him to task for his answers.

Then maybe it's best if he doesn't say anything about the Packers at all. He just digs himself a deeper hole. You have a valid point, pretty much anything that comes out of his mouth raises the hair on the backs of our necks and makes our tails wag. So, I think most of us would be just as happy if he just minded his own. It's not like he doesn't already have enough problems to tend to.

Members online

Latest posts