1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Favre may skip next weeks minicamps..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, May 12, 2007.

1. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with you, gramps.

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett is skipping camp because his daughter is graduating from high school. Family matters at a time like this. Surely he knows priorities.

3. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no he is skipping camp because he is lazy

4. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess my question is, if the ankle surgery recovery is the main reason he's having to miss this mandatory mini-camp, why did he wait until the end of February to have the surgery instead of having it two months earlier in the beginning of January.

Let's not sugarcoat the situation. It's not the ankle, it's not the graduation, it's not hurricane Katrina. Brett doesn't like attending these mini-camps and was excused from them for some trumped up reason even back when Sherman was here.

If his absence is excused and it's hurting the team in any way, don't blame Brett Favre. Blame whoever is excusing him.

JMO

5. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thats not allowed

6. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    My God, can we beat the horse to death? Along with experience, age, and yes, stardom, comes perks.

Bonds has his own lounge chair in a private part of the locker room.
    Jordan had the bedroom on the team plane.
    Clemens shows up for his turn to pitch.

When you have some one like Brett who is at the point of near retirement, there is no need to push him over the edge with the mundane things. Is camp mandatory? yes, for those that management declare. However, if you look at history, every mini camp has been missed by some of the regulars because of prior commitments. This is nothing new.

And Oannes, your attacks on Favre are purely on his character without truth. That in print is considered slander. This is the same guy that played with a broken thumb, severely sprained ankle, seperated shoulder, bad elbow, sore ribs, concussions, etc. etc. etc. There is nothing Brett Favre has to prove to his teamates. Everyone knows his excellent work ethic. (it is he, who usually leaves well after all the others after games). Never in 15 years have I ever heard anyone criticize his work ethic. Publicly or privately.

Within the organization he is held in extremely high opinion. And yes, I do know people within the organization. Who are you to continually attempt (feeblely I might add) to assasinate his character??

What inferior complex do you hold that you can't appreciate who he is and what he has done for this organization, City, and state? What PERSONAL exprerience of tha man can you lay claim for your assults?

If he was the classless jerk you portray, he would have demanded a trade held out, and gone to the bears or someone else years ago.

Your hatred is sad. I actually feel sorry for you.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    He had it in Feb because that is when he decided not to retire..If he was going to retire no surgery was going to be done or so it seemed..

Once again where are the threads ripping Harris and Woodson for not attending camp?

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I created some threads for you then thought, they are going to be there. I forget where it was inked up but they are attending because it is mandatory.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I really don't think it's a big deal, as like Trippster said, he has earned some perks.
    Favre has missed them before, and it didn't cause the firestorm it has now.
    It's BECAUSE of the Moss thing falling apart that more is read into it.
    As i said before.......i really don't care.
    As long as he shows up ready to go for training camp, i'll be happy.
    Just like other media outlets, even our local TV has had their run with it. (Them talking about Favre's daughter's graduation being a week later) They said they went online and saw the graduation ceremony date as May 25th. I think it was channel 6 (FOX) I was watching that brough that up. I guess they have to fill their 30 minutes somehow.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I dont mind Favre missing this year.

Last year was different. new head coach(show him some respect and show up) and new terminology (A-rod had to TEACH favre when he finally showed up).

this year is different.