Favre may skip next weeks minicamps..

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, if Favre had to rely on commercial airlines for the right connections(like the rest of us) I could understand his reasons re graduation vs. mini-camp. But he has his own jet. He can make any connections he wants to. No way camp could screw up the graduation. In the final analysis, Favre doesn't see any benefit to himself by attending camp so he won't go. Fine...but that should prevent his criticizing any teammates for lack of dedication during the season. Sauce for the goose....

I agree with you, gramps.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is skipping camp because his daughter is graduating from high school. Family matters at a time like this. Surely he knows priorities.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess my question is, if the ankle surgery recovery is the main reason he's having to miss this mandatory mini-camp, why did he wait until the end of February to have the surgery instead of having it two months earlier in the beginning of January.

Let's not sugarcoat the situation. It's not the ankle, it's not the graduation, it's not hurricane Katrina. Brett doesn't like attending these mini-camps and was excused from them for some trumped up reason even back when Sherman was here.

If his absence is excused and it's hurting the team in any way, don't blame Brett Favre. Blame whoever is excusing him.

JMO

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess my question is, if the ankle surgery recovery is the main reason he's having to miss this mandatory mini-camp, why did he wait until the end of February to have the surgery instead of having it two months earlier in the beginning of January.

Let's not sugarcoat the situation. It's not the ankle, it's not the graduation, it's not hurricane Katrina. Brett doesn't like attending these mini-camps and was excused from them for some trumped up reason even back when Sherman was here.

If his absence is excused and it's hurting the team in any way, don't blame Brett Favre. Blame whoever is excusing him.

JMO

Thats not allowed

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My God, can we beat the horse to death? Along with experience, age, and yes, stardom, comes perks.

Bonds has his own lounge chair in a private part of the locker room.
Jordan had the bedroom on the team plane.
Clemens shows up for his turn to pitch.

When you have some one like Brett who is at the point of near retirement, there is no need to push him over the edge with the mundane things. Is camp mandatory? yes, for those that management declare. However, if you look at history, every mini camp has been missed by some of the regulars because of prior commitments. This is nothing new.

And Oannes, your attacks on Favre are purely on his character without truth. That in print is considered slander. This is the same guy that played with a broken thumb, severely sprained ankle, seperated shoulder, bad elbow, sore ribs, concussions, etc. etc. etc. There is nothing Brett Favre has to prove to his teamates. Everyone knows his excellent work ethic. (it is he, who usually leaves well after all the others after games). Never in 15 years have I ever heard anyone criticize his work ethic. Publicly or privately.

Within the organization he is held in extremely high opinion. And yes, I do know people within the organization. Who are you to continually attempt (feeblely I might add) to assasinate his character??

What inferior complex do you hold that you can't appreciate who he is and what he has done for this organization, City, and state? What PERSONAL exprerience of tha man can you lay claim for your assults?

If he was the classless jerk you portray, he would have demanded a trade held out, and gone to the bears or someone else years ago.

Your hatred is sad. I actually feel sorry for you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lare said:

JMO

Thats not allowed

He had it in Feb because that is when he decided not to retire..If he was going to retire no surgery was going to be done or so it seemed..

Once again where are the threads ripping Harris and Woodson for not attending camp?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Once again where are the threads ripping Harris and Woodson for not attending camp?

I created some threads for you then thought, they are going to be there. I forget where it was inked up but they are attending because it is mandatory.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think it's a big deal, as like Trippster said, he has earned some perks.
Favre has missed them before, and it didn't cause the firestorm it has now.
It's BECAUSE of the Moss thing falling apart that more is read into it.
As i said before.......i really don't care.
As long as he shows up ready to go for training camp, i'll be happy.
Just like other media outlets, even our local TV has had their run with it. (Them talking about Favre's daughter's graduation being a week later) They said they went online and saw the graduation ceremony date as May 25th. I think it was channel 6 (FOX) I was watching that brough that up. I guess they have to fill their 30 minutes somehow.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont mind Favre missing this year.

Last year was different. new head coach(show him some respect and show up) and new terminology (A-rod had to TEACH favre when he finally showed up).

this year is different.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts