Favre may skip next weeks minicamps..

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His ankle is NOT broken. He had bone chips removed. I don't care if he can't PRACTICE. That isn't the point. He should BE THERE. He's THE LEADER. It sets a very poor precedent for this team with him being the leader.

Most of the responses underscore my point on the double standard and total blindness revolving around Brett Favre.

He deserves NO free pass for anything. Did you ever even stop to ponder for one second that the reason we ALWAYS start so slow is because he wasn't with the program doing everything he could to prepare himself? He doesn't care about these OTA's and it shows in his performance. Just continue to ignore the reality of the situation. Packer fans are very very good at that. Further, he makes 12 MILLION DOLLARS and doesn't feel obligated to prepare like a guy who may not make the team? That is **** poor in any book but someone who just can't see.

I swear if anyone here that is supportive of Brett Favre's absence ever rips ANY player for any effort issue, or what not, I'm going to remind you that it's just okay....because that's what Favre does. The leader sets the tone. I would expect the rest of our young impressionable players to follow his example and just half *** through the off-season and then expect to turn it on when the games count.

Brett should hang'em up. 12 million dollars and he won't even prepare himself properly. He's a JOKE and not anything like he once was.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!! NO FREE PASS FOR BRETT FAVRE!!

He IS the LEADER he NEEDS to be there!! I say we cut him. IF he can't be there, he should be off the team.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, you know NOTHING about team dynamics. He's a poor example to the rest of the very young team.

Don't you ever utter the words character or class again and apply them to the Packers, because obviously they mean nothing to you.

What would Vince Lombardi think of that? That doesn't matter to the modern day blind fan.

Our organization is supposed to be about character and incredible work ethic. That is NOT Brett Favre anymore and hasn't been for quite a few years. I'd rather go 0-16 with someone else under center than have him ever take another snap from center. That is gospel truth. I can't stand him and his act anymore and haven't been able to since he began the retirement talk 4 years ago.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact you even had to ask that question means that the reality of the situation is lost on you.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Obviously, you know NOTHING about team dynamics. He's a poor example to the rest of the very young team.

Don't you ever utter the words character or class again and apply them to the Packers, because obviously they mean nothing to you.

What would Vince Lombardi think of that? That doesn't matter to the modern day blind fan.

Our organization is supposed to be about character and incredible work ethic. That is NOT Brett Favre anymore and hasn't been for quite a few years. I'd rather go 0-16 with someone else under center than have him ever take another snap from center. That is gospel truth. I can't stand him and his act anymore and haven't been able to since he began the retirement talk 4 years ago.

Hey, if he don't show up, CUT HIM! A leader shows up!

You know nothing about what I know. You're just some internet who thinks he knows something based on a few comments here and there. You know nothing of what I know because ... quite frankly even if I proved my knowledge you'd be too ignorant to understand or grasp it. You have your way and you are set to it until someone proves without a reasonable doubt that you smack in the face wrong. Then you pony up to being wrong because you have no other choice.

btw, minicamp hasn't happened and it was suggested he 'may' miss it. And I am in agreement with you that he should be there. He is the leader of the team and him being there even if he is sore would prove a lot. The team trusts warriors who grit it out and if he 'grits it out' and shows up, it'll go a longer way than him not showing up. Since you don't understand the concept of quoting something meaning it in a sarcastic tone, I'm giong to explain here that I don't think he's in a whole helluva lot of pain which is why I added the quotes.

I can't wait to read how you misunderstood this post and start two other arguments that I haven't even presented a stance on.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre HAD intended to be at the OTAs, he would have had the surgery in January instead of February. He is used to doing EXACTLY what HE wants to do, IMO, and WHEN he wants to do it. How can the other players view this? How can you demand compliance(by fineing others) yet allow Favre to do as he damned well pleases? Talk about hypocrisy! And yes, I DO see his cavalier attitude affecting our early season games. Those games are just as important as the last games in the season. With all the new guys, especially WRs, that this team has, getting familiar with their strengths and weaknesses is of prime importance, apparently to everyone BUT Favre. If sitting down with the coaches and going over changes in schemes for the new year are too debilitating for him, he has no hope of being able to withstanding the rigors of the real season. If so, it's past time for him to enter a nursing home. I HATE hypocrisy!!

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa... you have restored my faith in Packer fans. Thank GOD you see what's pretty clear to anyone who wants to see it.

Bertram was also one who felt he should be there. This is an extremely important issue and I think it also reveals the type of character an individual possesses based on his reaction to this particular issue.

Hey Z2C...if you want to compare knowledge and background...PM me. It'll be pretty interesting for you to learn how "little" I know.

I don't even care if he does show up this year. He has a TRACK RECORD of doing whatever he feels like just because he can. He's lost "it". His fans are brainwashed into seeing him a way he actually isn't. I wish another player tried doing what he's done. You would rip the crap out of the guy and be scratching your head as to why this is allowed to happen. Throw Brett Favre into the equation and it all makes perfect sense to the masses why he does what he does....After all...He's BRETT FAVRE!

My joy of watching this TEAM will increase a hundred fold once Favre retires.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't appreciate your language. Could you PLEASE type out a well written informed response to the issue at hand?

Light a few candles look at your Favre FATHEAD on the wall. Take a few deep breaths and say a few "Brett Favre's" until your blood pressure returns to normal.

You have your wish. Our uninspired low class leader will be taking snaps again this season. Enjoy watching his horrendous decision making game after game. 17 years in the NFL and he makes stupid plays with incredible regularity. You really have to wonder how much better he could've been if he'd only prepared himself like a true professional would've. It's disgraceful.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
retiredgrampa... you have restored my faith in Packer fans. Thank GOD you see what's pretty clear to anyone who wants to see it.

Bertram was also one who felt he should be there. This is an extremely important issue and I think it also reveals the type of character an individual possesses based on his reaction to this particular issue.

Hey Z2C...if you want to compare knowledge and background...PM me. It'll be pretty interesting for you to learn how "little" I know.

I don't even care if he does show up this year. He has a TRACK RECORD of doing whatever he feels like just because he can. He's lost "it". His fans are brainwashed into seeing him a way he actually isn't. I wish another player tried doing what he's done. You would rip the crap out of the guy and be scratching your head as to why this is allowed to happen. Throw Brett Favre into the equation and it all makes perfect sense to the masses why he does what he does....After all...He's BRETT FAVRE!

My joy of watching this TEAM will increase a hundred fold once Favre retires.

lol that was predictable

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your lack of a PM was also predictable. Would love to discuss further when you're ready.

You'd love to see what I'd say if Green Bay won the SuperBowl? Don't worry... Nothing will ever be said by anyone as long as he's the starting QB.

I'm not surprised a Favre fanatic like you has visions of SuperBowl victories in his head.

Favre hasn't made that many bad decisions? If you were talking about a series in which we go 3 and out, I might agree that he didn't make that many bad decisions. You are kidding yourself. With all the records he's going to set he's going to have the dubious distinction of being the ALL-TIME INTERCEPTION LEADER.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Your lack of a PM was also predictable. Would love to discuss further when you're ready.

You'd love to see what I'd say if Green Bay won the SuperBowl? Don't worry... Nothing will ever be said by anyone as long as he's the starting QB.

I'm not surprised a Favre fanatic like you has visions of SuperBowl victories in his head.

Favre hasn't made that many bad decisions? If you were talking about a series in which we go 3 and out, I might agree that he didn't make that many bad decisions. You are kidding yourself. With all the records he's going to set he's going to have the dubious distinction of being the ALL-TIME INTERCEPTION LEADER.

sorry bro im at work right now ... quick posts is all i can dish out before the boss catchs me :)

stop putting words in my mouth, ******** ur annoying with that ****

i never said brett hasnt made bad decisions an in fact ive been ridiculed on this very board for point out his BAD DECISIONS in the past!

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of the rare times where I'm actually laughing out loud. LOL! :)

Do I support Green Bay being in the NFL. Hmmmm. Let me think...

Uh, YES! I've only been following them for nearly 30 years.

The part that really conjures a good laugh is the fact that you think because I can't stand Brett Favre that I must not be a Packer fan.

How many Packer fans disliked Ahmad Carroll? Did you not consider them fans? I dislike Brett Favre more than I ever disliked Ahmad Carroll and that's really saying something.

This Favre blindness thing is a certifiable sickness. I should open a clinic in Green Bay. My goodness this is bizarre.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
about if the packers won the SB and wanting to see what you'd say... dude if we won teh SB i could give two ***** a rats *** stuck in a racoons vagine wtf you have to say about it

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is one of the rare times where I'm actually laughing out loud. LOL! :)

Do I support Green Bay being in the NFL. Hmmmm. Let me think...

Uh, YES! I've only been following them for nearly 30 years.

The part that really conjures a good laugh is the fact that you think because I can't stand Brett Favre that I must not be a Packer fan.

How many Packer fans disliked Ahmad Carroll? Did you not consider them fans? I dislike Brett Favre more than I ever disliked Ahmad Carroll and that's really saying something.

This Favre blindness thing is a certifiable sickness. I should open a clinic in Green Bay. My goodness this is bizarre.

I didn't say you didn't like Brett, and I didn't say you weren't a Packer fan because of it.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z2C... Few of my posts will ever be directed to you. The one you just responded to wasn't directed toward you at all.

I DO dislike Brett Favre. I can't stand him. That isn't sarcasm or some joke. He's honestly my least favorite player on the team, and I will celebrate his retirement.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I DO dislike Brett Favre. I can't stand him. That isn't sarcasm or some joke. He's honestly my least favorite player on the team, and I will celebrate his retirement.

This will end well

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about this. I'm thinking, here you have a guy who is your starting QB and he is the most visible and most important piece to the puzzle and he's suggesting that he might now come to a mandatory camp? I have always believed that leaders have to lead all the time. Brett is the leader of this team and he needs to be there, case closed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Oannes said:
When has Favre run in the last 5 years? He wouldn't have to worry about running in mini-camp.

Our organization should say... Hey Brett... You likin' that 12 million dollar a year salary for this year? Gee, uh, why don't you know, uh, show up to a team function? After all, you're supposedly this great leader and are supposed to be setting the example for all the young guys.... Actually, they should say...GET YOUR BLANKING BLANK TO THIS MINICAMP. THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO BE THERE.

Trying to get Favre fans to acknowledge how flawed he is, is like explaining colors to people who have been blind since birth. I think I need to go rent, "Mask" and learn the ways of Rocky Dennis. The miracle worker who taught Helen Keller couldn't teach you guys.

Favre is a piece of crap in my book for taking advantage of his status the way he has over the last few years. No person of any type of character would ever do that. Nice commitment and example, Brett.

Please, change your mind and do this organization a favor and permanently retire. You've been half retired the last few years. It shows in your preparation, and your horrendous decision making on the field. Perhaps, if you had taken preparation seriously, you might have seen another season of greater than 8-8 before even you realize it's over.

The good news is you have untold thousands of gullible fans that believe in the myth that you're a great leader. You can continue to fool them because they'll never be able to see you for who you really are. You gave them a SuperBowl title and 3 MVP's. They're all drunk on what you did years ago and refuse to sober up. Classy guy Brett. Classy.

Go and tell him on his web site...those words fall on deaf ears here cuz he doesnt look at this forum

www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum

How do you know that Brett don't look at this website? All I did was do a search and I found it, that doesnt mean Brett doesnt do the samething. Again we dont live with him to know anything for certain. And we surely dont know who stops by this website to check it out and it could be Brett himself.

If Bretts ankle still isnt a 100% then he should sit out, I'm sure the doctors who check him know best. now for calling Brett a piece of crap? Thats going to far, the man has been in football most of his life and has given the Packers and the fans the best years of his life. So sitting out of a camp isnt a big deal. We all know he can play and play well IMO..I for one would NEVER call someone a piece of crap that has meant so much to me as a fan over the years. Most QB's the get alittle hurt sit out during games, not Brett. This is not a game and if it were Brett would be in there toughing it out through any pain. GO BRETT and GO PACK!!

LOL Heather, you know FULL well Brett had his DAUGHTER do online stuff for him including checking his emails...And from what is being said it is still pretty much the same way..

He MIGHT surf around on this site along other packer boards since the 2 guys that know him are full aware of what goes on..But even if those 2 did read thi9s, I highly doubt they want to bother Brett with this type of talk..

I seen LOT worse and have know for a fact Nate read it, but never mentioned it to Brett

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my guess is rett will show up too see team docs sit through a meeeting. Meet rookies and F/A (well those we picked up) and get the new playbook and head home for more rehab. MR Martin will be getting some work so it is all good

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z2C... Few of my posts will ever be directed to you. The one you just responded to wasn't directed toward you at all.

Well. Lets take a look at Favre. Do you think he has done nothing for us? He won a superbowl. Is breaking awsome records, and is an all time GREAT. And he is a leader, a great leader. How many 4th quarter comebacks? ALOT. Him not showing up at camp this early means nothing. The other players understand that Favre need his rest for this season. They don't get any negative thoughts. Remember we are talking about grown-ups here, I think they can handle themselves. Are you a packer fan or a Favre hater. You honestly have nothing to back up why you dislike him.

Members online

Latest posts