1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Favre may skip next weeks minicamps..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, May 12, 2007.

1. Oannes

Oannes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    packerfan1245.... Do you own a white cane with red stripes? If not... I'll be sure to get one to you.

How are you reading my posts anyway? They aren't in braille.

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'm against you on the Favre argument buddy, so this one is on you.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Can't read ya mind. When I don't acknowledge your comment, you say its because of lack of proof. When I do, you say its towards someone else. How ironic.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970

Just something I found interesting..On his own web site he is asking for people to keep in mind the Packers and Ted is his boss and wants it to be reflected that way..And to tone down the hate talk towards Ted..

If he does read this forum, wondering if Ryan got a request from Brett or his "people" to say tone it down..

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Jim.....you know that as SOON as Brett said he was ticked at Ted for not getting Moss, that most of the people on his site would form a lynch mob! Brett HAD to know that too.
    Heck.......i haven't exactly been a happy camper myself!
    To me the REAL scary thing is that some "fanatic" might actually try to harm TT because of all this flak.
    I wonder how this all is gonna turn out?

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    what if he was atttending the graduation of his daughter as well as still rehabing his ankle?

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes......he might have some legit reasons, besides being ticked at Ted. Thats the problem just being fans, we usually don't get all the facts, and make judgements based on the trickle of info we do get.

8. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    well he isn't

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Look here.. just announced on Total Access.... Brett will be attending his graduation of his oldest daughter... I think that warrants him missing this camp... don't yet think :)

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    opps

Packers | Favre to miss minicamp
    Mon, 14 May 2007 13:47:52 -0700

Updating a previous report, Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre (ankle) will not attend the team's upcoming minicamp because he will be attending his daughter's graduation.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Missing a 3-day minicamp for his daughters graduation? WTF!! Cut him. Graduation happens every year! He can watch one of his other children graduate. HE SHOULD BE THERE!

I'm throwing away all my Favre pictures and ... hell EVERYTHING!!

Okay, so that was enough Oannes'ism for the day.... down to reality, I think its cool he's going to his graduation, to a kid that means a lot. My father won't be at my college graduation and it hurts like hell because its something I'm extremely proud of myself over.

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    If not mistaken this is his oldests daughter and her graduation form high school

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yep, Brittany. I would miss a game for the graduation of my daughter.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Here is something else i heard on local TV.
    Mini camp is the 18th.........her graduation isn't until the 25th.
    So........sounds like he just doesn't want to come, and is using this as a reason to give people.
    I really don't care that much, but it does leave more questions.

15. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett should be held to the same standards that other players are, he has been allowed to do what he want for too long. He should be in camp creating a good chemistry with our receivers not at home drinkin' coke and getting fat.

16. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    its only ok for Favre to miss Mini camp for his daughters graduation, if its ok for Carlton Brewster to miss mini camp for his daughters graduation.

if Favre gets a free pass because hes favre then i think its crap. if he gets leave, because the organization is ccol with players missing mandatory meetings due to family conflict then i think its ok. and i hope that any player on the team would get the same treatment.

17. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Favre has more than enough time to participate at minicamp.

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    That is odd but found this http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=ea7bed5a-9c28-4f6a-aa18-3f565d118146

Brett Favre plans to skip the Green Bay Packers' mandatory minicamp this weekend, saying the move is not related to his frustration with the team's unwillingness to complete a trade for wide receiver Randy Moss.

Favre told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald that because he is unable to practice while recovering from offseason ankle surgery, he is going to stay home with his family in Mississippi.

"They were going to have me sit out anyway," Favre said, in a story that appeared on the paper's Web site on Tuesday. "To be honest, we have (daughter) Brittany graduating in two weeks. Instead of going up there and not doing anything, I will be better off being at home because of graduation parties and banquets."

Favre said he isn't skipping the minicamp as a protest with the team's front office.

"I am frustrated," Favre told the paper. "But being frustrated and not going are not related."

19. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I fear this is only to deaden the media storm, and that Favre in reality isn't participating because he is angry.

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yep, Brett is going to hold out.

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    He was planning on not coming b4 any of this happened...So dont let this be a reason as to why he is skipping it..

Waiting for the Woodson, and Harris topics about them missing camp now..

22. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, if Favre had to rely on commercial airlines for the right connections(like the rest of us) I could understand his reasons re graduation vs. mini-camp. But he has his own jet. He can make any connections he wants to. No way camp could screw up the graduation. In the final analysis, Favre doesn't see any benefit to himself by attending camp so he won't go. Fine...but that should prevent his criticizing any teammates for lack of dedication during the season. Sauce for the goose....

23. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I totally agree

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    This just in.

I AM GOING TO SKIP THIS MINICAMP.

I hope all my fans understand.

25. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Every year the mini-camp thing comes up and every year it's said over again that BF has been give that time off and that there is no big need for him to be there.

How could him being pissed have really anything to do with him behaving the same as last year when he wasn't pissed?

Just Out! Brett Favre doesn't like min-camps. (Written 1994.)