Favre and the all time passing yardage record.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If my numbers are correct, Marino has 61,361 all time yards. Favre currently stands at 61,178. That's only 184 yards away from breaking the record.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if it's going to be the Grant show all day, Favre should have it down by sunday if your numbers are right.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense will tear them apart, their D-line is weak, their secondary is weak.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First half on a bomb to Jennings.

How big is St Loius's pitch??????? :twisted: :twisted:

No wonder they could go deep on every play if there pitch is over 184 yards long!!!!!

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flep...all American football fields are 100 yards long by 53 wide. The end zones are 10 yards long so the actual field, err pitch, is 120 yards long.
Holy cow, can't you picture some 350 pound lineman chasing a running back for 184 yards?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep even on an off day Brett can get 200 yards.

Heck, he got 260+ yards on only 23 passes against the Raiders. We might throw a few more passes against the Rams than against the Raiders because the Rams running D isn't as pathetic as the Raiders running D.

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll be inside too. I'd like to see him get 4 touchdowns... it'd be nice to see 30 total before the end of the Detroit game.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flep...all American football fields are 100 yards long by 53 wide. The end zones are 10 yards long so the actual field, err pitch, is 120 yards long.
(Holy cow, can't you picture some 350 pound lineman chasing a running back for 184 yards?

I do know the length of the field) it was just a poor attempt at injecting a bit of humour into it by saying brett could get all the yards on one play!!!!

Very poor indeed I hear you say!!!!

If the lineman was Kampmann they wouldn't get 1 tenth of that distance!!!

Brett will get the yards by the end of the 1st half.

Pity the game isn't been shown live on British TV. I'll just have to content myself with watching history being made on the net.

This season has been one record after another for brett and i've seen them all!!!!

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montana, for the record, a football field is 160 feet wide, 53 1/3 yards.

Wasn't that due to a college game in the very early days being played, this was the maximum size width they could get into the stadium so they decided that from that day onwards all football pitches would measure the same size so no team had homefield advantage by getting used to playing games more often on a different sized pitch?

Back on subject.

Brett will make the total yardage unpassable after this season I'm sure of it.

I am also convinced that if we don't win the superbowl he will be back bnext season as he is really enjoying playing with this young team we've assembled.

OP
OP
K

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back on subject.

Brett will make the total yardage unpassable after this season I'm sure of it.

I don't think it will be "unpassable" after just this season. Peyton Manning, at the rate he is going , is on track to surpass Marino. Also consider Manning never misses a start just like Favre. Brett may need another 4,000 yard season after this one to put it out of Manning's reach.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has some added motivation to get this record much like he did when they said he couldn't throw deep. Check out this quote from the official site for the Rams.

“We definitely don’t want him to do it against us,” safety Corey Chavous said [in regards to the all time passing record]. “What it comes down to is we want to make it a bad day for him, the whole day. From the time he gets to the stadium and puts on his uniform to the time he gets out of his uniform, we want to make everything about the experience of coming here absolutely terrible.”

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has some added motivation to get this record much like he did when they said he couldn't throw deep. Check out this quote from the official site for the Rams.

“We definitely don’t want him to do it against us,” safety Corey Chavous said [in regards to the all time passing record]. “What it comes down to is we want to make it a bad day for him, the whole day. From the time he gets to the stadium and puts on his uniform to the time he gets out of his uniform, we want to make everything about the experience of coming here absolutely terrible.”
Being in St. Louis automatically makes it "terrible!" :lol:

Members online

Latest posts