Everyone chill out.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone seems stressed that the eagles have been making big moves while the Packers havent done squat. Chill. Its part of the plan. Anyone we wanted to lock up we already did. Arod is taken care of. One of the two best QBs in the league. We still have the deepest team in the league.

Oh and we have Dom Capers. So trust Ted, trust the system, trust the staff, because clearly, they know what the F*ck they are doing.

Burnett is going to have a break out season. Finley and Grant are playing for a contract. Tramon is a beast. Our secondary is as good as anyones in the league.

Matt Flynn is an extremely good back up, considered by some to be the best in the league.

We might seem to be a little thin at linebacker but they wouldnt release everyone if they didnt think it was in the teams best interest.

I said this in another post and I mean it, its alot less stressful during free agency if you just admit to yourself that Ted Thompson knows more than you or I do about how to build a roster.

Im the fan that never gets to high or low. Rarely do I hit the panic button. I fully believe its next man up on this roster no matter what.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
We still have a very talented team with the injured starters from last year returning.
And the Claymaker. Nuff said.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Everyone seems stressed that the eagles have been making big moves while the Packers havent done squat. Chill. Its part of the plan. Anyone we wanted to lock up we already did. Arod is taken care of. One of the two best QBs in the league. We still have the deepest team in the league.

Oh and we have Dom Capers. So trust Ted, trust the system, trust the staff, because clearly, they know what the F*ck they are doing.

Burnett is going to have a break out season. Finley and Grant are playing for a contract. Tramon is a beast. Our secondary is as good as anyones in the league.

Matt Flynn is an extremely good back up, considered by some to be the best in the league.

We might seem to be a little thin at linebacker but they wouldnt release everyone if they didnt think it was in the teams best interest.

I said this in another post and I mean it, its alot less stressful during free agency if you just admit to yourself that Ted Thompson knows more than you or I do about how to build a roster.

Im the fan that never gets to high or low. Rarely do I hit the panic button. I fully believe its next man up on this roster no matter what.

Thank you. I needed that. :happy0005:

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no use to worry about it. No one can project the injuries if we meet in the playoffs. They're not both going to be completely healthy.

Willminus2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good message to send out. The Eagles are paper champions. I mean really when was the last super bowl ever won in free agency? Most free agents don't work out. I mean anybody remember the Redskins signing Albert Haynesworth? The best franchises the Steelers, the Packers, etcarent' very active in Free Agency unless they find a steal. I would love to see the Packers take a look at Amobi Okoye but we'll see.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure why everyone is so worried, I think it is the nature of passionate Packer fans.

TT and MM proved they know what they are doing, they reloaded in areas they knew they would lose, and injured players are coming back. Starks made Jackson expendable. Jenkins is overrated and it's now BJ's line with his gang of big men on the DL. GB's coaching staff is smart enough to players to their strengths not just plug holes with signings like the Eagles.

Don't fix somethin' that ain't broken and nothing is broken in GB.

NFC still goes through Titletown.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be another story if they were loaded with players who have won the big one before and know how to get there. They don't, except for Cullen.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said, Ivo. I'm not worried about the Eagles. I grew up with that team, I know what they are going to do. It's only a matter of time before they shoot themselves in the foot. As I said in another thread, they are also injury prone, especially in their secondary. The Cowboys and Giants have more to worry over the Eagles than we do.At some point we just have to trust in our Packers. Have they not proven it last year? What more do we need? So the Eagles will be more competitive. But we will be too. Have faith in the Pack!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna repost this because it's important:

Free Agent Exodus All Part Of The Plan | Cheesehead TV

Remember last season, when Al Harris was injured? No one had any idea who the hell Undrafted Free Agent Sam Shields was. Everyone kept panicking, saying we needed to find some veteran in free agency to sign. We all saw how that turned out. It's time to relax and let our guys do what they do best: Plan and find the hidden gems that will surprise us all.

Besides, all these moves look great on paper, but could be a different story in practice. Plus, we don't play Philly this season unless we meet in the playoffs- The Bears on the other hand... :)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the Bears play them at home because if they do something is up with the scheduling. They have played them at home every year for as long as I can remember.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the Bears play them at home because if they do something is up with the scheduling. They have played them at home every year for as long as I can remember.

@Eagles this time.

The regular schedule rotation flip flops. For example, in 2007 we played Philly at home, but last season we played them in Philly.

What I'm not sure about is how the conference scheduling based on where you placed in your division works when it comes to playing at home or away.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping we would have found a way to keep Cullen Jenkins just because I really like him. I mean, have you seen a picture of him latly? He has the Mr T mohawk going on! Man, if A-team references can't tug at Teddys heart strings and make him over pay for a player, nothing can. Man is made of stone.

Seriously though, I do love Jenkins, he has been injured, but he gives 120% of himself, he is a locker room leader, and just a great story. But he is an older player on the down turn of his career. He has his Ring, time for him to get paid. Just so frickin' glad he did not go to the vikes or the bears.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel same as Skare..I REALLY wanted him Cullen back..I am mad about it, but the Packers have their reasons, and I trust them

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good. Somehow they avoided the rotation in years past and played them at home for what has to have been 5 years in a row.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packer/jets was last years super bowl guess and it almost happened. Not fearing the Eagles. Not fearing anyone.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that, but I also remember us receiving a ton of preseason hype as well.

Correct, peter king picked us.

No one is picking the eagles for what they have been building, they are picking them because they are spending like dan synder in free agency.

More often then not the pick of the team that has been building slowly is right. I cant remember the last time a big splash in FA paid off in the first year.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick can get hurt in an instant and then they are totally screwed. VY is garbage IMO so unless the gunslinger is 3rd string they don't scare me one bit.

Members online

Latest posts