Eddie lacy really was fat

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? What do you think all the discussion concerns? Does 2015 looks like it's anywhere near equal to the performance the previous two years? http://www.nfl.com/player/eddielacy/2540168/profile

Looking at those stats, no it's not anywhere near equal to the previous two years. We have to consider injury as well would have an impact on those numbers. I'm not buying the weight issue is the sole cause of the decline in production. There were also significantly less attempts in 2015 than the previous two years. Was the reduction of attempts the result of injuries, other RBs sharing the reps or the weight issue.

I'm not saying by any means that a RB gaining around 20 lbs won't hinder his performance. If he's "out of shape" there's your answer. I personally think there's more to the story here.

My main point is weight concerns aside, we know we have a talented running back in Lacy that only bodes well for our running game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of causes, and I think it basically came down to EXACTLY what MM pinned it on in his post season conference. Eddie didn't have a good offseason. He's young, he made a mistake. You can't prepare for the season during the season. You come into the season prepared, physically and mentally and then you hone it. He lacked some focus and it carried into the season. That resulted in a guy, though extremely talented, not ready. It lead to an injury, it lead to being sat down and diminished playing time. It resulted in some lessons being taught and ultimately it led to a drop off in his performance when we really needed him.

We know he's talented and what I saw was a guy that lost a little focus. I didn't see a guy that didn't care about football or his job. He didn't quit on his team. I expect him to be back and all those other things that made last year seem pretty bad for him will be taken care of by his preparation this offseason. I think we'll have a focused and ready Eddie and our team will benefit greatly. So will us fans :)

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy wasn't focused in the offseason put on WAAAAYYYYY too much weight (if ONLY he was overweight by 20 pounds!) and hurt himself as a result of playing far too heavy. He needs to keep losing weight. I'm already disappointed that CJ Anderson has proven himself a more devoted worker than Lacy but hopefully Lacy can try and keep his stuff together and earn himself a decent second contract. Just not sure I want it to be with the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let me ask this, has this apparent weight issue of his affected his performance on the field? I personally really liked what I saw out of Lacy last season. Nobody complains of his weight when he's gobbling up yardage, munching 1st downs and touchdowns. I like this guys style, pounding through for extra yardage half a defensive core on his back and he's still going. Remember those plays? I'm not saying he doesn't have a weight issue, that's up to the training staff. What we do know and can't dispute is this cats got serious talent as a RB.

Basically whatever apparent weight issue he may of had didn't appear to negativity impact his performance last season. Lacy = Beast. All the better for our running game.

Lacy being extremely overweight last season led to him getting less touches because he was exhausted pretty fast. While his average yardage per carry was close to the one during his rookie season you have to realize that teams stacked the box for most of eight games with Rodgers out during in 2013 making it tougher for him to run for more than four yards a carry.

There's absolutely no doubt Lacy has to play with less weight than he did during last season for him to be effective. I'm fine with him being a big back but he has to be in shape.

I have a hard time understanding any Packers fan liking his performance during last season.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy being extremely overweight last season led to him getting less touches because he was exhausted pretty fast. While his average yardage per carry was close to the one during his rookie season you have to realize that teams stacked the box for most of eight games with Rodgers out during in 2013 making it tougher for him to run for more than four yards a carry.

There's absolutely no doubt Lacy has to play with less weight than he did during last season for him to be effective. I'm fine with him being a big back but he has to be in shape.

I have a hard time understanding any Packers fan liking his performance during last season.

Well you have that point well made.

We do know he has the talent. Once he Slim's down and gets in shape he should be back to what he was producing before.

D

Deleted member 6794

We do know he has the talent. Once he Slim's down and gets in shape he should be back to what he was producing before.

Absolutely agree that a slimmed down Lacy has the talent necessary to shine in the NFL. I question his desire to stay in shape in the long haul though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Don't think I see to much weight loss... Might be some.

I heard that after his td, he walked to sideline and couldn't catch his breath

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh, we were talking about that in shoutbox during the game. He still looks overweight. I don't doubt that he worked his tail off during the offseason; some guys just can't keep the weight off. He ran the ball well though, but he's got to sustain that for a full season while carrying that spare tire around.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard that! It's gonna be intresting to see if we keep him after this season if he is productive and if we will be able to afford him.. It would be weird to see him on somebody else's team

D

Deleted member 6794

Heard that! It's gonna be intresting to see if we keep him after this season if he is productive and if we will be able to afford him.. It would be weird to see him on somebody else's team

Lacy not being able to lose significant weight during the offseason in a contract year has me absolutely convinced the Packers shouldn't sign him to a lucrative long-term contract.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lacy not being able to lose significant weight during the offseason in a contract year has me absolutely convinced the Packers shouldn't sign him to a lucrative long-term contract.
I'm leery about that as well. Looking more and more like he's got some Raji in him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leery too, though I think Lacy would be bigger than we'd like even if his motivation was never called in to question.

I'm ok with him like this, I think it's fairly normal for him even when he is in good shape. If he has burst and stamina and maintains it all year he'll get paid somewhere. I'll still be leery of GB giving him a big payday. But when he's running like he can, he's on of my favorites on the team

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My source is reliable... He says they are trying to get his agent and nflpa to agree to weight, drinking and curfew incentives.

Right now they won't sign him... But each day is different

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy looks like he gained weight between OTA's and training camp.
I was shocked by how fat he still looks after an off season of working out with Tiny Horton. Last season it looked like Lacy gained weight during the season. He was ridiculously fat in the playoff game against instead the Cardinals. I like Lacy. He seems like great guy but at this point he is on the road to eating he way out of the nfl. Hope I'm wrong but bad habits are hard to break.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, Lacy clearly looked faster and more explosive this preseasons than he was last season.

As far as the picture above, I wouldn't put much stock into it. Anyone remember this picture? It's from his rookie reason and he was just fine.

D

Deleted member 6794

To me, Lacy clearly looked faster and more explosive this preseasons than he was last season.

Lacy looked great during the first two games of last year's preseason as well, rushing 11 times for 66 yards and a touchdown.

He clearly doesn't seem to be in any better shape than in 2015 which is disappointing after McCarthy called him out publicly.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy looked great during the first two games of last year's preseason as well, rushing 11 times for 66 yards and a touchdown.

He clearly doesn't seem to be in any better shape than in 2015 which is disappointing after McCarthy called him out publicly.

Scrolling above, I don't see any hard evidence to suggest he clearly isn't in any better shape.

Regarding having to catch his breath after the TD, I'd expect almost all running backs to be tired after carrying the ball almost every play that drive.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone see a similarity?

I heard that Bigfoot really likes to eat deep fried foods as well, and once out-drank Andre The Giant. :p

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't think I see to much weight loss... Might be some.

I heard that after his td, he walked to sideline and couldn't catch his breath
He looks the same to me also. I'm thinking it had To be the conditioning and injury last year.

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is just as fat this season. Already see the little weight he lost being put back on. Need to just cut him and move on.

Members online

Latest posts