Eddie lacy really was fat

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but there are some who question his ability to perform during the stress of the regular season, i.e., more than a handful of carries, if overweight.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lacy and cobb's commercial of them riding on exercise bikes and about how to tell time is pretty funny!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
cobb's is pretty good too. do they have one for nelson? I know they have one for rodgers, which is also informative.

Think this one is pretty good at explaining Jordy and his character:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Do we know that he weighs 255? Let's face it, everyone seems to be guessing and it seems like the #1 goal of photographers when it comes to Eddie is to get the most unflattering "fat" picture of him. Reporters seemingly doing the same in what they write.

Take a look at the game tape, Lacy doesn't look any smaller than last season.

Since Lacy has played really well so far, I don't understand all the complaining about how he looks currently. His performance is much more important than how fat he looks.

Lacy averaged six yards a carry during the first two preseason games in 2015 as well. As long as I don't see him perform on a high level in a regular season game at his current weight I prefer to remain sceptical.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lacy averaged six yards a carry during the first two preseason games in 2015 as well. As long as I don't see him perform on a high level in a regular season game at his current weight I prefer to remain sceptical.

While I agree with your premise that preseason doesn't give you the full picture and we can start drawing our conclusions about Eddie once the regular season starts, his 2016 preseason is an improvement over last year, as well as all previous preseasons.

2015: 3 games: 15 rushes for 68 yards (4.5 ave.). Longest run 15 yards.
2016: 3 games: 20 rushes for 114 yards (5.7 ave.). Long carries of 21 and 20 yards.

While he may look like the same Eddie to some, I'm going to stay optimistic that he will continue his preseason form, where he appears to be hitting his holes faster, making his patented spin move when hit and playing like a guy in his contract year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with your premise that preseason doesn't give you the full picture and we can start drawing our conclusions about Eddie once the regular season starts, his 2016 preseason is an improvement over last year, as well as all previous preseasons.

2016: 3 games: 20 rushes for 114 yards (5.7 ave.). Long carries of 21 and 20 yards.

While he may look like the same Eddie to some, I'm going to stay optimistic that he will continue his preseason form, where he appears to be hitting his holes faster, making his patented spin move when hit and playing like a guy in his contract year.
I think Eddie has looked better this season. Has better change of direction and more pop. Im going to predict this is his best season as a pro.
Has he lost weight? Im not sure, but he probably added more muscle and lost some fat. He will be a source of concern for every ILB and DC we face this season.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The alarming aspect of Lacy's weight is the amount that he has put on since OTA's. He looks fat now while in June he didn't. Even his face looks pudgy. It doesn't take much effort to get an unflattering fat photo of Eddie. Any angle will do.
If Eddie can't get control of his weight immediately he won't last the season. He will either be always hurt or will be cut. My hunch is that MM and TT are pissed off that Eddie is bungling his second chance.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The alarming aspect of Lacy's weight is the amount that he has put on since OTA's.

How much weight has he put on?

It's really no secret that the Eddie and the coaches are tired of talking about his "weight", cant we all "wait" until we see what Eddie does in the regular season before we fully evaluate him?

D

Deleted member 6794

While Lacy finished with better numbers this preseason than last year he had 11 carries for 66 yards (6.0 avg.) during the first two games of 2015 before struggling against the Chiefs.

The Packers offense would hugely benefit from Lacy returning to being a dominant back but I'll wait until him performing on that level in the regular season before getting excited about him again.

The alarming aspect of Lacy's weight is the amount that he has put on since OTA's. He looks fat now while in June he didn't.

If Eddie can't get control of his weight immediately he won't last the season. He will either be always hurt or will be cut. My hunch is that MM and TT are pissed off that Eddie is bungling his second chance.

The Packers for sure won't cut Lacy during this season but with him still having trouble staying in shape I don't expect the Packers to offer him a lucrative long-term contract next year.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol Eddie just doesn't carry his weight very well. If you look at a guy like Mike Alstott who was a bigger back you can see muscle definition. Eddie doesn't really have any muscle definition. He looks more of the type of a Jerome Bettis.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like people forget that Ed is a big power back..... he looks fine and had a great preseason. If he struggles again this year, then we can talk. I too think that he'll have his best year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted many times, coaches are fed up.. He has no passion at times. Coaches have called his ex college coaches and other close people to unlock eddy's potential.

He won't even get a decent contract offer at this point, if the Packers even attempt to sign him.

But since Feb I been saying he won't be offered a deal..

He realllyyyyyyy needs to do a complete 180, then the coaches and Ted need to believe it isn't a show.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lol Eddie just doesn't carry his weight very well. If you look at a guy like Mike Alstott who was a bigger back you can see muscle definition. Eddie doesn't really have any muscle definition. He looks more of the type of a Jerome Bettis.

Well, if Lacy ends up having a career like Bettis the Packers should offer him a contract right now. I don't see that happening though.

I feel like people forget that Ed is a big power back..... he looks fine and had a great preseason.

I guess the Packers are fine with Lacy being a big running back as long as his weight is under 240 pounds. Him showing up overweight to training camp once again is unacceptable though.

Members online

Latest posts