DyK : Brett Favre

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Everyone remembers the TD to Kitrick Taylor vs the Bengals when Brett came in for Majik... but did you know that on the extra point kick that gave the Packers the win, Brett was the holder? He also took his hands completely off the ball before it was kicked lol ...

Theres video of it, i'm going to try an find it. I didn't know this til a month or so ago... funny stuff

He has started every Green Bay Packers game since September 20, 1992, when Don Majkowski went down injured against the Cincinnati Bengals. Favre did not play well during most of the game, prompting the fans to chant "Put Ty in!", referring to Ty Detmer who was also on the Packers at the time. Favre proceeded to lead the team to a comeback victory however, throwing the game-winning touchdown pass to Kitrick Taylor with 13 seconds remaining. Favre was so thrilled that he nearly forgot that he was supposed to be the holder on the extra point try. Favre never liked having to hold the ball for the kicker, and when he had to do it in this instance he let go of the ball several seconds before Packer kicker Chris Jacke could kick it. Fortunately, the ball stood up on its own tip long enough for Jacke to convert the extra point.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, God just imagined if the ball had fell and we had started Ty Detmer next week because of it...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's on the DVD that came with the Favre book he wrote with Chris Havel a few years ago. I can't seem to find it, but if anyone has that DVD the video is on there.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's on the DVD that came with the Favre book he wrote with Chris Havel a few years ago. I can't seem to find it, but if anyone has that DVD the video is on there.

Yep, I have it and I found it. Working on capturing just that snippet then I'll upload it :)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
[align=center]Brett : First Pass, First Touchdown?
[flash width=640 height=480]http://youtube.com/v/xzl5LbE_zVc.swf[/flash]

Brett : First Completion
[flash width=640 height=480]http://youtube.com/v/Nc3RQ1LXi4w.swf[/flash]

Brett : Last Hold, Legend is Born
[flash width=640 height=480]http://youtube.com/v/Hbt6jUtzVI0.swf[/flash][/align]

olddavid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is classic stuff there! I see Jurko on there. That guy was great, big ole Jurkovic :) Only 5 hours until queens get crushed!!!!!!!!! :hammer:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Thanks guys and please get the video. You will not regret it. You can get it for not even 10 bucks. It's such a touching inspirationally funny story from a guy who was used to win 100 dollar bets to a three time mvp who will most surely have his name branded on all passing records.

Click here to buy your own copy!

... I don't mean to sound like a salesman, but this truly is a DVD that every NFL fan, not just Packer fan, everyone should have in their collection.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was one of the featured videos Youtube offered up after watching - thought it was pretty funny (don't know if it's legit or a Viking fan at the controls though)

Madden 08

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't believe the Favre 4 Ever video was included with the book. I have to video's of Favre.
The one that came with the book is titled "In Their Own Words : Brett Favre" and the other which I just recently bought is "Favre 4 Ever".

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This was one of the featured videos Youtube offered up after watching - thought it was pretty funny (don't know if it's legit or a Viking fan at the controls though)

Madden 08

That DID happen. I was in the damn red zone when it happened to me. I was on the right hash and when I hiked the ball he kept doing that little toe step backwards to the lower left. I ended up going out of bounds at the 6 yard line. I was so pissed off. I'm glad I'm not the only one it happened to.

ps, I beat the Giants handily :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys and please get the video. You will not regret it. You can get it for not even 10 bucks. It's such a touching inspirationally funny story from a guy who was used to win 100 dollar bets to a three time mvp who will most surely have his name branded on all passing records.

... I don't mean to sound like a salesman, but this truly is a DVD that every NFL fan, not just Packer fan, everyone should have in their collection.

Just to add, it is available on Amazon for all those that can't get a copy at a local store.

Will definitely buy this one after exams are over with.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Just to add, it is available on Amazon for all those that can't get a copy at a local store.

Will definitely buy this one after exams are over with.

Dude, click the link, it goes to Amazon!

Anyhow, thanks for the echo.