Don't drink the kool aid

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a way to fix this problem and it's pretty obvious...draft better players or start spending in Free agency ....Ted. I know some of you will say but wait ! He signed Peppers! Ok so where's the salt? Where's the production one would expect to get from the inside backers? I've got a better question...what taste good with salt and Pepper? beef!!! With this thin d line (beef) and lack of salt (ilbs) no wonder why the recipe for success hAs been absent from the defensive plate for so long. Sounds like we've needed some new chefs for a long time. If the problems not fixed I expect this restaurant to be closed come January!

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will rebound and beat the Bears after the bye. 5 of the last 8 games are home games

Everyone keeps saying they will beat the Bears but what about New England? Philadelphia? Arizona? Detroit? Teams that are relevant. Rodgers can't throw 4 touchdowns every game. The offense is going to be off at times . We may need to win a game 17-14 against a good teAm. Problem is if we only score 17 were toast.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying they will beat the Bears but what about New England? Philadelphia? Arizona? Detroit? Teams that are relevant. Rodgers can't throw 4 touchdowns every game. The offense is going to be off at times . We may need to win a game 17-14 against a good teAm. Problem is if we only score 17 were toast.

You score only 17 against a top 5 QB in this league and you are in serious trouble

D

Deleted member 6794

You score only 17 against a top 5 QB in this league and you are in serious trouble

Well, the Lions beat us while only scoring 19 points in a game their defense scored more points than our offense.

On the other side with our defense we have to score at least 30 to have a chance to get a win vs. one of the top QBs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Lions beat us while only scoring 19 points in a game their defense scored more points than our offense.

On the other side with our defense we have to score at least 30 to have a chance to get a win vs. one of the top QBs.

Rodgers didnt get it done that day. I think those are called outliers.

I do have serious concerns about our offense but it seems to be coming along a bit

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers didnt get it done that day. I think those are called outliers.

The problem with that though is that if our offense doesn´t work perfectly (which is more probable in the playoffs when facing good defenses) our defense can´t pick up the slack and win a game for us.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well that's kinda my point...we can't afford to have a lackluster performance on offense ...like EVER. We have made both Geno Smith, and Ryan Tannehill look like studs this year...and had Bridgewater played he probably would've put up numbers to.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The defense does need to step up, I know they can, they did a good job against Carolina. Personally I think this Saints game was an aberration. Perhaps the team was looking forward to the bye. As far as the teams you mention, the Packers have a good chance of beating all of them and I am counting on it!

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
The defense does need to step up, I know they can, they did a good job against Carolina. Personally I think this Saints game was an aberration. Perhaps the team was looking forward to the bye. As far as the teams you mention, the Packers have a good chance of beating all of them and I am counting on it!

Aberration....lol....I hope the aberration was that Peppers slant....lol

Last edited:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with that though is that if our offense doesn´t work perfectly (which is more probable in the playoffs when facing good defenses) our defense can´t pick up the slack and win a game for us.
with rodgers being the highest paid QB, it fairly falls on him to put up more than 7 points in a game.
This defense isn't as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be, but the holes are very noticeable.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that's kinda my point...we can't afford to have a lackluster performance on offense ...like EVER. We have made both Geno Smith, and Ryan Tannehill look like studs this year...and had Bridgewater played he probably would've put up numbers to.
I guess you're going to have to explain to me how through your hate filled glasses geno smith having a 64.1 QB rating (2nd worst of this season for him), is him looking like a "stud". Bc it sounds like you are just making stuff up.

Hell, tannehills 83.3 rating isn't even that good. To call them "studs" when they play against the pack is ridiculous

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you're going to have to explain to me how through your hate filled glasses geno smith having a 64.1 QB rating (2nd worst of this season for him), is him looking like a "stud". Bc it sounds like you are just making stuff up.

Hell, tannehills 83.3 rating isn't even that good. To call them "studs" when they play against the pack is ridiculous

Lol hate filled glasses? Bahaha!! Stop it please. It took an ill advised timeout for us to beat the Jets and Aaron Rodgers magic to beat the Dolphins. This team could easily be 3-5 instead of 5-3. Easily...and it would be mostly the defense who deserved blame. Tannehill had one of his all around better games against us and Geno Smith to.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol hate filled glasses? Bahaha!! Stop it please. It took an ill advised timeout for us to beat the Jets and Aaron Rodgers magic to beat the Dolphins. This team could easily be 3-5 instead of 5-3. Easily...and it would be mostly the defense who deserved blame. Tannehill had one of his all around better games against us and Geno Smith to.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geno Smith had his 2nd worst game of the season against us.
Tannehill had a below avg game for himself and had his only multi pick game of the season against us

Youre entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I watch this joke of a D, the more I think it is squarely at the feet of Thompson. He is shopping and buying these defensive trash groceries. He has failed to replace AJ Hawk why? He has failed to replace Raji et al why? It took him 2 years to realize the safeties were garbage. It goes on and on. The GM is responsible for player personnel. You cannot win in the NFL if you cannot stop anyone. The last 4 years have been FILLED with defensive pick failures over and over again. Who is to blame? The picker, not the man who sets them up on the field. It is time for Murphy to grow a pair, stop being a yes man, and send Teddy bye bye.[/
Don't quote me on this but Ron Wolf once said something to the effect "it's never good to be too much in love with the players you pick",something I believe TT needs to remind himself of,A.J. Hawk,Brad Jones among others is a good example. Marshawn Lynch was available but TT thought his draft pick Brandon Jackson was a better RB,I could go on and on but when you only see 2 big name FA's Woodson and Peppers since TT took over, it is fortunate the Packers have remained as good as they have but now this draft and develop is catching up with them,FA's can plug holes in your team and at least you know what your getting,like Ron Wolf also said "the draft is a crap shoot"you just never know if the player you pick is going to make that jump in the NFL,that's why Wolf was not afraid to go after FA's,Reggie White,Sean Jones,Eugene Robinson,etc,are TT and Mark Murphy merely striving to be the team furthest under the salary cap or the team that brings that Lombardi Trophy home I am beginning to wonder.And hanging on to an aging ineffective DC that sits in a booth during games and doesn't interact with his players doesn't work either.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but Ron Wolf once said something to the effect "it's never good to be too much in love with the players you pick",something I believe TT needs to remind himself of,A.J. Hawk,Brad Jones among others is a good example. Marshawn Lynch was available but TT thought his draft pick Brandon Jackson was a better RB,I could go on and on but when you only see 2 big name FA's Woodson and Peppers since TT took over, it is fortunate the Packers have remained as good as they have but now this draft and develop is catching up with them,FA's can plug holes in your team and at least you know what your getting,like Ron Wolf also said "the draft is a crap shoot"you just never know if the player you pick is going to make that jump in the NFL,that's why Wolf was not afraid to go after FA's,Reggie White,Sean Jones,Eugene Robinson,etc,are TT and Mark Murphy merely striving to be the team furthest under the salary cap or the team that brings that Lombardi Trophy home I am beginning to wonder.And hanging on to an aging ineffective DC that sits in a booth during games and doesn't interact with his players doesn't work either.

The year we were in talks to trade for lynch we ended up winning the sb. I think TT made the right call, besides Seattle is dumping him according to reports

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a couple.

1. It could be worse. You could be a Bears fan.
2. It could be worse. You could be a Viking fan.
3. It could be worse. You could be a fan of about 20 other teams that the Packers are head and shoulders better than.
4. You have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and it'll never get as bad around here as it does in Atlanta with Matty Melt or Chicago with smoking Jay Cutler.
5. None of our players got hurt while celebrating a sack when down by 50 points in the 4th quarter.
6. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
7. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
8. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
Some fans,mostly young,seem content with their team just being better than the Bears or the Vikings or the 20 other teams that they currently have a better record than but let me tell you,playing the Bears in 2 weeks or the Vikings may temporarily hide the holes the Packers have but it sure won't cure them!Some fans,mostly young,seem content with their team getting a wild card spot,thinking that their team will get hot and win a SB,well let me tell you,that was pure fortune that they did but the D was a lot better than it has been since and they haven't even come close to a SB since, despite winning their division.some fans mostly young say "next year", well let me tell you,I am in my late 50's,been a Packer Fan since 10 and suffered through decades of Packer futility,I was so happy to see that franchise get turned around and win 2 out of 3 SB's and I would hate to see Aaron Rodgers retire without at least one more SB.We have been blessed in the last 20 plus years to have two of the best QB's in the NFL back to back,they don't come along often.AR is the heart of that franchise but every year that window of opportunity gets smaller.take it from this old fan,want more than just playoffs because the next thing you know 20 - 30 years go by and don't count on them landing a Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers again any time soon so want more now!

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The year we were in talks to trade for lynch we ended up winning the sb. I think TT made the right call, besides Seattle is dumping him according to reports
Ya they did win the SB that year but Starks finally got healthy and played out of his head it sure wouldn't of hurt to have Lynch then and after that year,GB hasn't been close to the SB since and Seattle got him for a steal,4th rd pick in 2011 and 6th rd pick in 2012.

Last edited:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya they did win the SB that year but Starks finally got healthy and played out of his head it sure wouldn't of hurt to have Lynch then and after that year,GB hasn't been close to the SB since and Seattle got him for a steal

And now are dumping him according to the media for being a cancer to the team. No wonder there were grumbling about Rodgers not being a lynch fan since back at cal

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans,mostly young,seem content with their team just being better than the Bears or the Vikings or the 20 other teams that they currently have a better record than but let me tell you,playing the Bears in 2 weeks or the Vikings may temporarily hide the holes the Packers have but it sure won't cure them!Some fans,mostly young,seem content with their team getting a wild card spot,thinking that their team will get hot and win a SB,well let me tell you,that was pure fortune that they did but the D was a lot better than it has been since and they haven't even come close to a SB since, despite winning their division.some fans mostly young say "next year", well let me tell you,I am in my late 50's,been a Packer Fan since 10 and suffered through decades of Packer futility,I was so happy to see that franchise get turned around and win 2 out of 3 SB's and I would hate to see Aaron Rodgers retire without at least one more SB.We have been blessed in the last 20 plus years to have two of the best QB's in the NFL back to back,they don't come along often.AR is the heart of that franchise but every year that window of opportunity gets smaller.take it from this old fan,want more than just playoffs because the next thing you know 20 - 30 years go by and don't count on them landing a Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers again any time soon so want more now!

really? mostly young? I think it's the opposite. it's those of us that lived thru the 70s and 80s that should appreciate the way the team wins consistently now. I see younger kids not appreciating it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans appreciate winning divisions and being in the playoffs every year. They realize its hard to win a SB and its alot of things that are out of the control of the team even (injuries and matchups). They know that not every position is not going to be stacked like the fantasy gms want it to be. They realize that not every bump in the road is the end of the world.

D

Deleted member 6794

Geno Smith had his 2nd worst game of the season against us.
Tannehill had a below avg game for himself and had his only multi pick game of the season against us

The Packers defense is pretty good vs. mediocre and bad QBs, being able to create turnovers. As soon as we face a team with a top tier QB which doesn´t turn the ball over the defense can´t get off the field (Seattle and New Orleans).

Here´s a nice piece from the Journal Sentinel about our defense:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...d-turnovers-to-win-b99376570z1-280729762.html

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That article was definitely informative. Toward the end of the article summed up our defense in a nutshell. "Without turnovers our defense is over matched" It is hard to wrap your mind around how such high paid talent can't get off blocks,make tackles,or get off the field by stopping good teams on downs. But it is true. Maybe they will address some issues after the bye. I sure hope so

Members online

Latest posts