Don't drink the kool aid

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who thought this defense was so much better after beating some subpar teams with subpar qbs welcome back to reality! The fact that they are second in pass defense is overblown... They are second to last against the run so why would you need to pass on them? Let that marinate please. The pass rush I admit has looked better but that's Peppers doing it with an inconsistent Clay Matthews who all of a sudden looks over paid, imagine if he played to his potential? Against good offenses the real d shows up..tonight was no different. Hopefully the Lions drop their next two. Sure would be nice to at least have a good defense smh. Don't drink the kool aid! We are who we thought we were on that side of the ball.

Here's to no sportscenter or NFL network until our next W.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe you started a thread trashing an element of the team after a rough game. I don't think anyone could have seen that coming.

Anyway, rough game for sure. It's not surprising that they gave up so much to Ingram, but the secondary really took it on the chin too. They definitely missed Shields and Burnett. House had an awful game. He's a bad matchup for any speed receiver.

Hopefully they'll get healthy again after the bye but the strategy of conceding running yards every game isn't sustainable. This was far from a must win game and I'm not surprised that they lost, but I'm disappointed that they really weren't competitive. They obviously have a lot of work to do because they're not nearly as close as they looked a week ago.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been trashing the defense for a while now buddy! Get it right! It's not just after one game... About 4 yrs now. Thanks

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, 16 game season, 8 games left. Several 3 loss teams and still get to play the leader of the division at our house. I'll still RELAX and see what happens....far from any panic yet.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I turned it off at the last 2 minutes
Yogi Berra is wrong.
Sometimes its over before it really is.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, 16 game season, 8 games left. Several 3 loss teams and still get to play the leader of the division at our house. I'll still RELAX and see what happens....far from any panic yet.

No panic in saying a bad defense is still bad. That's reAlity.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No panic in saying a bad defense is still bad. That's reAlity.

I've got no argument. After a bad game, it's easy to say all of those things. After a good game, it's easy to be super positive. But, with the season just being half over, us sitting at 5-3 and many winnable games coming up, anything can happen. Also, Detroit doesn't have the easiest schedule throughout November.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite as cynical as Rodell but he has a valid point; this is NOT a championship caliber defense and that will be our death knell in the playoffs. The defense MUST be a priority and MUST get fixed before the playoffs or it will be another frustrating off season. That's just the way it is, but I'm hopeful they can get it done. 5-3 going into the bye ain't bad, but much work needs to be done.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just funny how some ppl call others negative when they are just stating the obvious. The offense is going to be fine when we fix the red zone defense. The defense on the other hand like I said isn't that good. The numbers don't lie ...the film doesn't lie.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the defense played like ****. I'll take a different approach.

Here's my thoughts on the game: We all thought it'd be a shootout on the track that is the Mercedes Benz Superdome, especially given the quality of the opposing quarterbacks. Then Rodgers got hurt and only one team showed up to the shootout.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Ingram? Over 120+ yds? Over 5 yds a carry? A gimpy tight end with a bad shoulder getting behind a corner for a touchdown? A wr blowing by two defenders for a long td? These are just a few things as to why they stink and it's not all Capers fAult either.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Ingram? Over 120+ yds? Over 5 yds a carry? A gimpy tight end with a bad shoulder getting behind a corner for a touchdown? A wr blowing by two defenders for a long td? These are just a few things as to why they stink and it's not all Capers fAult either.
So what should Packers management do to fix it? They've drafted heavy on defense, signed Peppers, signed their key players (Matthews, Shields), tried different schemes (4-3 which bombed, NASCAR package)

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been drinking Packers kool-aid for years. It will take a lot more than a thread during a game in a season with half the season still remaining while we sit at 5-3 and 1 game out of a wildcard spot and 1 game out of a division leading spot to change that.:D

But, with that being said, I do understand your frustration! But, still, 5-3 going into the bye. It's 16 game schedule and sometimes you have nights like this. Games like this do bring question marks, naturally, but ultimately, I think we will be fine.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its our LB y can't you guys see that that our lb's are never on the attack AJ Hawk is so terrible he gets blown up every play and i mean every play he can't fight off blocks at all and brad jones OHHH gawd i don't even want to talk about him. Clay mathews was slacking this game he looked lost out there. i feel bad for our db,s cause they have to hold coverage so long. Let me tell you y we can't run the ball , Quarless is useless in blocking schemes he's terrible at blocking. one more thing all the offensive weapons we have wtf would mm put peppers in the game when obviously we didn't need any trick plays to score at that time. smh. one more the refs was ridiculous, they called everything possible they could call on us. when that pass was caught for the first down ball should have been spotted where he caught the ball not where he fell. he never turned around, he caught and fell. i swear this game was bad all around.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what should Packers management do to fix it? They've drafted heavy on defense, signed Peppers, signed their key players (Matthews, Shields), tried different schemes (4-3 which bombed, NASCAR package)
Just get it over with already and forfeit the rest of the games and try again next year.

(Sorry fellow fans. The wind is really out of my sails right now and I don't see any wind in the upcoming forecast.)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one more thing all the offensive weapons we have wtf would mm put peppers in the game when obviously we didn't need any trick plays to score at that time. smh.
I don't get it either.
You put in a fellow who plays d-fence for one offensive play in a big game. Of course he is going to choke and not catch the ball.
Was Cobb, Quarless, Adams, Nelson, Lacy, Starks etc, all somewhere else using the men's room and returning calls or something?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case anyone forgot to mention it yet, it is also worth noting that the sky is, indeed, falling.:rolleyes:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I told you at the beginning of the season that we would lose to the saints in NO, you would have said "duh".

chill, we lost a game in one of the toughest places to play in the league

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Ingram has been a huge disappointment in N.O. Until injuries to Khiry Robinson and Pierre Thomas against Detroit last week, he was the Saints 3rd team RB.

Ingram more than doubled his season rushing total last night. He also rushed for more yardage than any N.O. back since 2003.

Oh yeah, the Saints lost their starting Center last week as well.

The Pack's running D is last in the NFL. They have certainly earned that ranking with some truly awful play and there is no reason to think that will change anytime soon.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Extend Dom Capers? Give another big contract to AJ Hawk and Brad Jones?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will need another positive, reassuring message from Rodgers.
I know I could sure use one.

I have a couple.

1. It could be worse. You could be a Bears fan.
2. It could be worse. You could be a Viking fan.
3. It could be worse. You could be a fan of about 20 other teams that the Packers are head and shoulders better than.
4. You have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and it'll never get as bad around here as it does in Atlanta with Matty Melt or Chicago with smoking Jay Cutler.
5. None of our players got hurt while celebrating a sack when down by 50 points in the 4th quarter.
6. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
7. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
8. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.

Members online

Latest posts