1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't drink the kool aid

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Oct 26, 2014.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    For those of you who thought this defense was so much better after beating some subpar teams with subpar qbs welcome back to reality! The fact that they are second in pass defense is overblown... They are second to last against the run so why would you need to pass on them? Let that marinate please. The pass rush I admit has looked better but that's Peppers doing it with an inconsistent Clay Matthews who all of a sudden looks over paid, imagine if he played to his potential? Against good offenses the real d shows up..tonight was no different. Hopefully the Lions drop their next two. Sure would be nice to at least have a good defense smh. Don't drink the kool aid! We are who we thought we were on that side of the ball.

Here's to no sportscenter or NFL network until our next W.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Can't believe you started a thread trashing an element of the team after a rough game. I don't think anyone could have seen that coming.

Anyway, rough game for sure. It's not surprising that they gave up so much to Ingram, but the secondary really took it on the chin too. They definitely missed Shields and Burnett. House had an awful game. He's a bad matchup for any speed receiver.

Hopefully they'll get healthy again after the bye but the strategy of conceding running yards every game isn't sustainable. This was far from a must win game and I'm not surprised that they lost, but I'm disappointed that they really weren't competitive. They obviously have a lot of work to do because they're not nearly as close as they looked a week ago.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    I've been trashing the defense for a while now buddy! Get it right! It's not just after one game... About 4 yrs now. Thanks

4. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    Meh, 16 game season, 8 games left. Several 3 loss teams and still get to play the leader of the division at our house. I'll still RELAX and see what happens....far from any panic yet.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I turned it off at the last 2 minutes
    Yogi Berra is wrong.
    Sometimes its over before it really is.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Noticed a lot of missed tackles.

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    No panic in saying a bad defense is still bad. That's reAlity.

8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    Haha still doesn't wrap up. If he wrapped up he'd lead the team in tackles instead of whiffs... It amazes me the lack off fundamentals these guys show. Professional football players btw

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    I've got no argument. After a bad game, it's easy to say all of those things. After a good game, it's easy to be super positive. But, with the season just being half over, us sitting at 5-3 and many winnable games coming up, anything can happen. Also, Detroit doesn't have the easiest schedule throughout November.

10. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    Not quite as cynical as Rodell but he has a valid point; this is NOT a championship caliber defense and that will be our death knell in the playoffs. The defense MUST be a priority and MUST get fixed before the playoffs or it will be another frustrating off season. That's just the way it is, but I'm hopeful they can get it done. 5-3 going into the bye ain't bad, but much work needs to be done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    It's just funny how some ppl call others negative when they are just stating the obvious. The offense is going to be fine when we fix the red zone defense. The defense on the other hand like I said isn't that good. The numbers don't lie ...the film doesn't lie.

12. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    Obviously the defense played like ****. I'll take a different approach.

Here's my thoughts on the game: We all thought it'd be a shootout on the track that is the Mercedes Benz Superdome, especially given the quality of the opposing quarterbacks. Then Rodgers got hurt and only one team showed up to the shootout.

13. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    Mark Ingram? Over 120+ yds? Over 5 yds a carry? A gimpy tight end with a bad shoulder getting behind a corner for a touchdown? A wr blowing by two defenders for a long td? These are just a few things as to why they stink and it's not all Capers fAult either.

14. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    So what should Packers management do to fix it? They've drafted heavy on defense, signed Peppers, signed their key players (Matthews, Shields), tried different schemes (4-3 which bombed, NASCAR package)

15. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    I've been drinking Packers kool-aid for years. It will take a lot more than a thread during a game in a season with half the season still remaining while we sit at 5-3 and 1 game out of a wildcard spot and 1 game out of a division leading spot to change that.:D

But, with that being said, I do understand your frustration! But, still, 5-3 going into the bye. It's 16 game schedule and sometimes you have nights like this. Games like this do bring question marks, naturally, but ultimately, I think we will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    its our LB y can't you guys see that that our lb's are never on the attack AJ Hawk is so terrible he gets blown up every play and i mean every play he can't fight off blocks at all and brad jones OHHH gawd i don't even want to talk about him. Clay mathews was slacking this game he looked lost out there. i feel bad for our db,s cause they have to hold coverage so long. Let me tell you y we can't run the ball , Quarless is useless in blocking schemes he's terrible at blocking. one more thing all the offensive weapons we have wtf would mm put peppers in the game when obviously we didn't need any trick plays to score at that time. smh. one more the refs was ridiculous, they called everything possible they could call on us. when that pass was caught for the first down ball should have been spotted where he caught the ball not where he fell. he never turned around, he caught and fell. i swear this game was bad all around.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Just get it over with already and forfeit the rest of the games and try again next year.

(Sorry fellow fans. The wind is really out of my sails right now and I don't see any wind in the upcoming forecast.)

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I don't get it either.
    You put in a fellow who plays d-fence for one offensive play in a big game. Of course he is going to choke and not catch the ball.
    Was Cobb, Quarless, Adams, Nelson, Lacy, Starks etc, all somewhere else using the men's room and returning calls or something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    In case anyone forgot to mention it yet, it is also worth noting that the sky is, indeed, falling.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    We will need another positive, reassuring message from Rodgers.
    I know I could sure use one.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    If I told you at the beginning of the season that we would lose to the saints in NO, you would have said "duh".

chill, we lost a game in one of the toughest places to play in the league

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    You mean like, "My hammy is fine... just a cramp?"

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    1 road game in the next 48 days i just read.... R E L A X

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  24. DaveRoller

DaveRoller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Mark Ingram has been a huge disappointment in N.O. Until injuries to Khiry Robinson and Pierre Thomas against Detroit last week, he was the Saints 3rd team RB.

Ingram more than doubled his season rushing total last night. He also rushed for more yardage than any N.O. back since 2003.

Oh yeah, the Saints lost their starting Center last week as well.

The Pack's running D is last in the NFL. They have certainly earned that ranking with some truly awful play and there is no reason to think that will change anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. DaveRoller

DaveRoller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    Extend Dom Capers? Give another big contract to AJ Hawk and Brad Jones?

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I have a couple.

1. It could be worse. You could be a Bears fan.
    2. It could be worse. You could be a Viking fan.
    3. It could be worse. You could be a fan of about 20 other teams that the Packers are head and shoulders better than.
    4. You have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and it'll never get as bad around here as it does in Atlanta with Matty Melt or Chicago with smoking Jay Cutler.
    5. None of our players got hurt while celebrating a sack when down by 50 points in the 4th quarter.
    6. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
    7. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.
    8. We have the Bears in Green Bay in 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1