Dom Capers is fired

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hell with Pam Anderson, hello Kagney Linn Carter

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Idk man that pimple on her right cheek right under her underwear is a deal breaker for me I think..... lol!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh...no, he wasn't. He was a NB at worst, and a NB is essentially a starter. He was not abysmal here, at all.

His last year here Hayward played 87% of the snaps. But yeah, he was a backup.

The few games in which played as a starting outside corner during 15, when Shields was down were pretty brutal. My take is that the Capers system gave him so many reads and responsibilities that he couldn't play fast enough. Hence why he turned into such a good corner overnight in San Diego. The read on this board was that Hayward probably wasn't worth keeping. To me Hayward and Hyde are examples of good scouting met by bad development and scheming.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk man that pimple on her right cheek right under her underwear is a deal breaker for me I think..... lol!

Some of us can't afford to be that picky, on the other hand that means that the image wasn't photo shopped aggressively. Is that blemish the extent of her imperfections?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Some of us can't afford to be that picky, on the other hand that means that the image wasn't photo shopped aggressively. Is that blemish the extent of her imperfections?

Only one way for you to find out, want me to send her over when she leaves here? :coffee:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"Stories" are the problem. What are we to believe? Obviously, the Packer organization didn't fully think Capers was that bad of a DC or he would have been gone a few years ago. Same with TT. The Packer organization has way more information than the media or the fans, but that information doesn't always fully come out, at least in a 100% truthful form.
Players unhappy with other players.. Think Dom. Was fine, players wouldn't listen.

But I am guessing a change to get players to respond

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DC and TT are no longer our GM or Coordinator! Thank goodness! I just read BH's QBR for the Detroit game was 3.2... 3.2 Is absolutely good awful! I didn't believe you could have a QBR that low unless you were throwing passes to the ground. MM has to worry about his job as well. He vouched for this guy. He talked about how he had 2 and a half invested in this guy. He tossed many more INT's than TD's at home and got shutout twice. To the Queens and to the Ravens.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, I just have to add, I love Steven A. Smith handing Will Caine his *** on FT. My autographed photo of that Baaaaaadddddd Man says the Cowgirls will never get the best of him

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward was nothing but a JAG for us, he was solid in the slot and was kinda lousy playing outside. I for one felt he should be let go and wouldnt be worth resigning at the time. Hyde had been tried at safety but wasn't used there extensively, its hard to evaluate talent when your coaches do a bad job utilizing that talent.

How quickly we forget his rookie season when he should have been rookie of the year or his good play his final seaosn for the team. But I guess it's easier to forget that and feel vindicated that capers is the root of all the ills that have befallen this team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of this is just Capers or just the players, or just Thompson or just MM. We haven't won a Super Bowl for all sorts of reasons. I don't want to relive 2014 all over again, but we were stacked AGAIN to win another one. So this notion that Ted can't build a team is garbage. He has, multiple times, in multiple cities. Dom Capers had a plan in place that completely stifled and dominated for 55 minutes and then a really good player gets talked into giving himself up by another really good and future HOF'er instead of returning the nail in the coffin INT into scoring range before giving himself up when nobody was around him. MM did call some good plays against a very good defense and Jordy, a great WR for us stumbled out of a break and Rodgers a great QB put it just off his finger tips leading to yet another FG rather than TD in the endzone. Our ultimate field general threw an INT in the endzone when he thought he had a free play.

There are other years and other issues, but that game was a microcosm of what has happened over the years in a 5 minute span. For whatever reason, players weren't responding to Dom this year. Same mistakes we've seen for a while. Unfortunately in this league it's easier to get rid of a coach to try and reach the players than get rid of all the players not responding to the coach. Depending on the new guy coming in, I hope players are held more accountable, all of them. Put jobs on the line.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
None of this is just Capers or just the players, or just Thompson or just MM. We haven't won a Super Bowl for all sorts of reasons. I don't want to relive 2014 all over again, but we were stacked AGAIN to win another one. So this notion that Ted can't build a team is garbage. He has, multiple times, in multiple cities. Dom Capers had a plan in place that completely stifled and dominated for 55 minutes and then a really good player gets talked into giving himself up by another really good and future HOF'er instead of returning the nail in the coffin INT into scoring range before giving himself up when nobody was around him. MM did call some good plays against a very good defense and Jordy, a great WR for us stumbled out of a break and Rodgers a great QB put it just off his finger tips leading to yet another FG rather than TD in the endzone. Our ultimate field general threw an INT in the endzone when he thought he had a free play.

There are other years and other issues, but that game was a microcosm of what has happened over the years in a 5 minute span. For whatever reason, players weren't responding to Dom this year. Same mistakes we've seen for a while. Unfortunately in this league it's easier to get rid of a coach to try and reach the players than get rid of all the players not responding to the coach. Depending on the new guy coming in, I hope players are held more accountable, all of them. Put jobs on the line.

Geez....after reading all that, I now somehow feel some responsibility for the failures. ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez....after reading all that, I now somehow feel some responsibility for the failures. ;)
I've worn a lucky shirt once too often, washed one that was on a streak, or wore a home color for an away game in the past. I too am responsible :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've worn a lucky shirt once too often, washed one that was on a streak, or wore a home color for an away game in the past. I too am responsible :)

I feel your pain. Everytime I broke out my Reggie White jersey, hoping for a stellar defensive performance, they seem to lay an egg. I now only wear my #92 on non-game days.

Think we owe the Packers an apology for our part in this!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I feel your pain. Everytime I broke out my Reggie White jersey, hoping for a stellar defensive performance, they seem to lay an egg. I now only wear my #92 on non-game days.

Both send a 5000 dollar apology to the organisation, another to the Wisconsin senator, and the moderators as punishment. I`m disgusted with you both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Both send a 5000 word apology to the organisation, another to the Wisconsin senator, and the moderators as punishment. I`m disgusted with you both.

"Dear Packer Organization, Senators and Moderators,

Attached please find a copy of today's Newspaper. Please use it and the 5000+ words it contains, to wipe up the mess that you all have created and my apologies for any part I may have had in believing in any of you.

Sincerely,

PB2000"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In fact losing Rodgers was probably my fault. I wore my Woodson Jersey to the MN game. Mostly because I really liked Woodson, and was hoping #21 would come thru in a new way for us against Keenum. Instead I think I angered the football gods and instead of Woodson typer performance from #21, they gave us his broken collar bone to our QB. This is worse than I thought! I can't believe i'm admitting this to the forum. I'm going to take more heat than Dom, Ted and Mike combined

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In fact losing Rodgers was probably my fault. I wore my Woodson Jersey to the MN game. Mostly because I really liked Woodson, and was hoping #21 would come thru in a new way for us against Keenum. Instead I think I angered the football gods and instead of Woodson typer performance from #21, they gave us his broken collar bone to our QB. This is worse than I thought! I can't believe i'm admitting this to the forum. I'm going to take more heat than Dom, Ted and Mike combined

Holy Crap! I was wearing my #21 Jersey that day too! You don't think?

My jersey has been modified though, under the Woodson name I taped "No Dix"....which draws a lot of puzzled looks from some!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The few games in which played as a starting outside corner during 15, when Shields was down were pretty brutal. My take is that the Capers system gave him so many reads and responsibilities that he couldn't play fast enough. Hence why he turned into such a good corner overnight in San Diego. The read on this board was that Hayward probably wasn't worth keeping. To me Hayward and Hyde are examples of good scouting met by bad development and scheming.

Would you like to really know why he did better in SD?

Capers prefers to run a press man scheme with his corners, when he's able. That's what we ran with Shields, Williams, and Hayward. Hayward is instinctive, but not the quickest or fleetest of feet. In San Diego, they're running primarily a zone scheme that Hayward thrives in. It wasn't because of the reads, or responsibilities. You actually have more of that with a zone scheme.

Hayward and Hyde did well here. They were not optimized well, but they still did well here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're fired.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts