Dom Capers is fired

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This had better not be fake news. Well, let's just say at long last that crazy 100+ page fire Capers thread will stop, which even though I agree with it it's still become a beat a dead horse issue.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is 3 years too late. He should have been gone then and he wasted 3 more years because no one had the balls to fire him then.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still waiting for the Lovat firing news to drop. Surely 60+hamstring and groin pulls should get MM's buddy **********.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Honestly, everything is happening like we all hoped. Locked up Adams and Linsley AND firing DC. I am not upset by the ranked season anymore! Celebrate packers fans! Happy new year!

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I feel bad seeing a guy lose his job but the time had come two years ago. It was painful to watch this defense get worse. Get the new d coordinator a pass rusher and a corner and I feel much better about next year

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. If they go and promote Perry or Moss I will lose my mind. They all need to go. Every single one of them had a hand in this trash can defense and they all need to go away.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is 3 years too late. He should have been gone then and he wasted 3 more years because no one had the balls to fire him then.

Exactly. Wth were the waiting for? The defense was never trending upwards in that span yet they keep retaining the guy. This all falls on the shoulders of McCarthy because he didn’t have the balls to do it. IMO Capers and MM should both be gone but I’m highly excited that Capers is our. I think he’s done in the NFL.

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best news I've heard all year! Just the tip of the iceberg, though IMO. Now, if TT would announce his retirement before the draft, I'd be somewhat optimistic. I've written letters the last couple of years, directing the management of the Packers organization to social media sites such as this. You guys can thank me later for being instrumental in getting Capers fired. ;)

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good amount of buzz for Vic Fangio coming here. We could do a lot worse than him. He helped turn the bears into a top 10 defense in points and yards. That defense isn't filled with superstars. No pro bowlers the last few years.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good amount of buzz for Vic Fangio coming here. We could do a lot worse than him. He helped turn the bears into a top 10 defense in points and yards. That defense isn't filled with superstars. No pro bowlers the last few years.

No...they are statistically solid, but give up big plays at the worst time. Fangio was great in San Fransisco and solid in Chicago, but personally, I'm tired of the 3-4 base defense. Switch to a 4-3 base and give someone from a winning organization a chance.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No...they are statistically solid, but give up big plays at the worst time. Fangio was great in San Fransisco and solid in Chicago, but personally, I'm tired of the 3-4 base defense. Switch to a 4-3 base and give someone from a winning organization a chance.

He is very good coordinator. Sure they gave up big plays but with little talent and no offense they performed well. I think people are too hung up on needed the next big thing. The young guys could be good but fangio is good too

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is very good coordinator. Sure they gave up big plays but with little talent and no offense they performed well. I think people are too hung up on needed the next big thing. The young guys could be good but fangio is good too

I agree with not getting hung up on the next big thing which is why....GB shouldn't get Fangio. I think personal dynamics are an important factor. MM isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He will have input on the next DC and he is going to want someone he feels comfortable working with. Besides when the Colts fire Chuck Pagano and hire John Harbaugh, Fangio will go Indy anyways.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I agree. We just don't have the edge rushers or the necessary speed in the middle to make the 3-4 work. You look at SF when they were successful and they had Bowman and Willis as ILB's s and they had the overall front 7 to make it work.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. We just don't have the edge rushers or the necessary speed in the middle to make the 3-4 work. You look at SF when they were successful and they had Bowman and Willis as ILB's s and they had the overall front 7 to make it work.

Yes. My opinion, you need elite playmaking from all three levels to make a 3-4 defense work. In order to make a 3-4 thrive, you need elite playmakers!!! GB doesn't have the personnel. However, switching to a 4-3 will suddenly make the players currently on the roster better. Why?...because a 4-3 will play to their strengths, and you can get away with average players in this scheme. From the front seven to the secondary, everyone will be better. As of today (4-3 scenario), Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels clogging up the middle, with Daniels getting a sack or TFL for measure. Blake Martinez zipping all over at MLB. The other guys cleaning up with tackles and assisted tackles. Ha Ha and Burnett/Jones enforcing. CBs playing zone/man depending on offense. A cover 2 or Cover 3, 4-3 defense is essential in the NFC North and really for the league as a whole.

Members online

Latest posts