Dom Capers is fired

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thu should I guess, since my unintentional Hex is the only reason they're in the playoffs this year

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you like to really know why he did better in SD?

Capers prefers to run a press man scheme with his corners, when he's able. That's what we ran with Shields, Williams, and Hayward. Hayward is instinctive, but not the quickest or fleetest of feet. In San Diego, they're running primarily a zone scheme that Hayward thrives in. It wasn't because of the reads, or responsibilities. You actually have more of that with a zone scheme.

Hayward and Hyde did well here. They were not optimized well, but they still did well here.

I was mistaken I thought he still played a lot of man in SD. But do you disagree that he wasn't used well here?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An hour? You are awfully confidant, I was thinking more like 2 minutes, which would cost around $67. Maybe we can pass a hat around for you ;)

Pretty sure an hour is the base rate no matter what. That's where the real money is in that line of work, get notoriety in film and then build a stable of well healed repeat customers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
BTW all. I DID have a party when Capers was fired and none of you showed up. I'm forgiving though, I drank all your beers....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
BTW all. I DID have a party when Capers was fired and none of you showed up. I'm forgiving though, I drank all your beers....

I was at Dom's party drinking prune juice and helping him with his new rug.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see Capers out. Fangio is a obvious candidate. He did however work with Capers in Carolina and Houston as his DC. Both teams were in their infancy though, so doesn't say a lot about the outcome there. I don't think Fangio has a defense lower than 11th in the past few years. Sounds like a good fit. I'm all for switching to 4-3 look for our defense.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see Capers out. Fangio is a obvious candidate. He did however work with Capers in Carolina and Houston as his DC. Both teams were in their infancy though, so doesn't say a lot about the outcome there. I don't think Fangio has a defense lower than 11th in the past few years. Sounds like a good fit. I'm all for switching to 4-3 look for our defense.

Yes, Fangio worked under Capers and is close with Capers.

No, Fangio does not run the same defense that Capers does.

I know you didn't say that, but I have seen it here, so I'm just using your post to bring it out.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Fangio worked under Capers and is close with Capers.

No, Fangio does not run the same defense that Capers does.

I know you didn't say that, but I have seen it here, so I'm just using your post to bring it out.

Just showing that anyone that says they don't want someone that's worked with Capers that even the top candidate has worked with him in some capacity. NFL is a spiderweb of experience. Everyone has ties to everyone. There is no way with his success that he's kept the same scheme as Capers has.

Nils Zippo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a lifelong Packer fan and shareholder, all of this housecleaning was an aggregious step backwards. Why? Because Dom Capers is one of the greatest Defensive Coordinators of all time - Hall of Fame - THAT'S JUST A FACT! - he's a genius. Simply put, he has been able to incorporate an offensive scoring "state of mind" in players on the defensive side of the ball, pull the data and run the stats, and you'll understand what kind of genius we're talking about - numbers DON'T LIE. His biggest issue over recent years, he's never been able to find a replacement of his former "de facto" field assistant and future HOF player Charles Woodson and more focus should've been on finding such a person. Perhaps if more hardcore knowledgeable Packer fans were aware of the truly unique approach that had been used during Woodson's years, the eyes on the field & realtime adjustments, they might grasp the depth of what had been accomplished. But finding such a uniquely capable player doesn't come around that often. Also, a little extra food for thought, Ted Thompson has been acknowledged over the years by many "genuine" NFL Franchise experts for having accomplished far more with far less resources than anyone to date!.........NO, knowledgeable football folks and Packer fans in the know can and will tell you the problem still exists. You can't have a future Hall of Fame Quarterback and a future Hall of Fame Defensive Coordinator who are smarter than the head coach. And this personally disappoints me as a lifelong fan that the Board didn't recognize this problem 6-7 years ago. Yep that's right we very likely could've had more than one title over the past decade, more than "XLV" if the Board would've fixed this problem years ago....WAKE UP....Packer fans, the problem still remains.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to 'sources', the Sporting News is reporting that Darren Perry is the frontrunner to be the DC.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a lifelong Packer fan and shareholder, all of this housecleaning was an aggregious step backwards. Why? Because Dom Capers is one of the greatest Defensive Coordinators of all time - Hall of Fame - THAT'S JUST A FACT! - he's a genius. Simply put, he has been able to incorporate an offensive scoring "state of mind" in players on the defensive side of the ball, pull the data and run the stats, and you'll understand what kind of genius we're talking about - numbers DON'T LIE. His biggest issue over recent years, he's never been able to find a replacement of his former "de facto" field assistant and future HOF player Charles Woodson and more focus should've been on finding such a person. Perhaps if more hardcore knowledgeable Packer fans were aware of the truly unique approach that had been used during Woodson's years, the eyes on the field & realtime adjustments, they might grasp the depth of what had been accomplished. But finding such a uniquely capable player doesn't come around that often. Also, a little extra food for thought, Ted Thompson has been acknowledged over the years by many "genuine" NFL Franchise experts for having accomplished far more with far less resources than anyone to date!.........NO, knowledgeable football folks and Packer fans in the know can and will tell you the problem still exists. You can't have a future Hall of Fame Quarterback and a future Hall of Fame Defensive Coordinator who are smarter than the head coach. And this personally disappoints me as a lifelong fan that the Board didn't recognize this problem 6-7 years ago. Yep that's right we very likely could've had more than one title over the past decade, more than "XLV" if the Board would've fixed this problem years ago....WAKE UP....Packer fans, the problem still remains.

My dog is also a lifelong Packer fan and a shareholder. He thinks the Capers firing was long overdue. He's pretty football savvy so...................

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to 'sources', the Sporting News is reporting that Darren Perry is the frontrunner to be the DC.

God I hope not. I assume there is a reason he is a 15 year secondary coach. On the bright side he should be driving again soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts