Dom Capers is fired

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
According to 'sources', the Sporting News is reporting that Darren Perry is the frontrunner to be the DC.

Great put one of Capers understudies, who didn't know how to play Hyde, has Dix playing like a scared rookie and put him in charge.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m hoping for Fangio, like basically everyone else.

James Bettcher, Gus Bradley, Jack Del Rio, Chuck Pagano, and Paul Guenther are also interesting. It’s a good year to need a DC.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m hoping for Fangio, like basically everyone else.

James Bettcher, Gus Bradley, Jack Del Rio, Chuck Pagano, and Paul Guenther are also interesting. It’s a good year to need a DC.

Agree with your post/list, but to update; Guenther is tabbed to be the new DC for the Raiders.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't been an announcement, but have read several things saying it's agreed on/ a done deal.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can't help think that McCarthy was waiting to see who the new GM would be and now that it appears it will be someone he can work with, MM will have a new DC in place by the end of the week, if not sooner. I'm still holding out hope that MM has already set up a meeting with Fangio for tomorrow, which will be Fangio's first day that he is free to negotiate with other clubs. The Bengals are pursuing him as well.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Great opportunity for a defensive coordinator, here. If that person's performance makes the difference in snagging a couple more super bowls over the next few years, it will look very good. It's not like they have to field a super elite defense. Just a very good, well disciplined one will suffice.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great opportunity for a defensive coordinator, here. If that person's performance makes the difference in snagging a couple more super bowls over the next few years, it will look very good. It's not like they have to field a super elite defense. Just a very good, well disciplined one will suffice.

"well disciplined"

That would be a really nice change of pace. We definitely don't have the talent on defense that teams like Jacksonville and Minnesota have, but as you stated, if the new DC can get more out of what we do have and field a top 15 defense, that might be all it takes while you have #12 under center.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
"well disciplined"

That would be a really nice change of pace. We definitely don't have the talent on defense that teams like Jacksonville and Minnesota have, but as you stated, if the new DC can get more out of what we do have and field a top 15 defense, that might be all it takes while you have #12 under center.
The two years the defense was respectable since the SB year, one was the 2014 debacle (13th in opponents ppg), the other was 2015 (12th in opponents ppg) where Rodgers just didn't have enough help on offense to separate from a really good Cardinals defense.

Still and all though, he didn't touch the football in overtime in either game, but both games included huge defensive breakdowns late. That goes back to the miscommunication/lack of discipline we're referencing.

If Rodgers was able to have a 10-12th ranked defense that was disciplined, that's seriously all he needs. Quit trying to making things so complicated. Simplify the schemes, make sure everyone knows where they're supposed to be, and lets do this damn thing.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it. Take your crap with you that you forgot when you were fired.......like Whitt. Take Lovat too.....hire him as a personal trainer.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the Cardinals GM but I have to assume he is tanking for 2019 if they do this. Not crazy on Kingsbury as a HC too, would be an ok offensive coordinator IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can one of the mods dust off and send the "Fire Capers" thread down to a thriving Cardinals Fan base forum? I would really hate to see those 240+ pages go to waste in the Packer Forum archives.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can one of the mods dust off and send the "Fire Capers" thread down to a thriving Cardinals Fan base forum? I would really hate to see those 240+ pages go to waste in the Packer Forum archives.
We don’t need the mods to go there and provide a link lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

We don’t need the mods to go there and provide a link lol.

Correct, but it might take a bunch of us to find....a forum with a thriving Cardinal Fan base ;)

Members online

Latest posts