Do the Bears rest their starters next week?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Big win for us today against the Giants, and next week we got the Bears. I'm confident we will win either way, but does anybody see them resting their starters to make it easier for us?

I've read numerous times that the Bears three goals in order are:
#1.) Beat the Green Bay Packers
#2.) Make the Playoffs
#3.) Win the Superbowl

Is Lovie brave enough to risk injury to his squad before the big games just for some respect that he'll probably lose anyway?
:chisux::chisux::chisux:

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I highly doubt it.

And I hope not. Unlike Bears fans, I actually want my team to go out and beat another team while they're full strength. I don't get satisfaction beating up on a teams backups...

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I would be stunned if Lovie benched his starters. This isn't the Panthers or the Rams, this is the Packers, the Bears' greatest rival. Lovie won't want to see the Packers in the playoffs.

Reaction score
If the Eagles win the Number 2 seed and we beat the Bears we could play the bears again in the playoffs. I would love nothing more than too knock the Bears out of the playoffs

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will play their starters. It won't matter though we know the Bears don't have talent. They got to 11-4 by pure luck ;)

Forte, Hester, Olson,Knox,Cutler, Gould are all overrated and bad.
Briggs,Peppers,Urlacher,Tillman over the hill.

The Bears special teams really really suck! It would be fun to kick to Hester all the time just to prove that the Pack don't respect those overrated Bears. Cutler has been playing really horrible the last 6 weeks or so. I see a Pack blowout!

Lovie is a Kermit the Frog sock puppet. This is an easy win for the best team in the NFL! Go Pack!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Nope, Bears would love nothing better then to keep the Packers out of the big show. To keep your rival out of the playoffs would be too tempting to ignore and very satisfying to the Bears and their fans. Nope, the Bears will play to win.

Bears and Packers rivalry is going to be ON next week! Almost feels nostalgic.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will play their starters. It won't matter though we know the Bears don't have talent. They got to 11-4 by pure luck ;)

Forte, Hester, Olson,Knox,Cutler, Gold (Gould) are all overrated and bad.

The Bears special teams really really suck! Cutler has been playing really horrible the last 6 weeks or so. I see a Pack blowout!

Lovie is a Kermit the Frog sock puppet. This is an easy win for the best team in the NFL!

C'mon man, if you're going to come in here and mock, at least get the spelling right on the names.... You lose what little credibility you didn't have in the first place that way.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forte, Hester, Olson,Knox,Cutler, Gold are all overrated and bad.

The Bears special teams really really suck! Cutler has been playing really horrible the last 6 weeks or so. I see a Pack blowout!

Lovie is a Kermit the Frog sock puppet. This is an easy win for the best team in the NFL!

I like the confidence but you don't get to 11-4 by pure luck. They may have had a couple of breaks, but they've beaten some good teams, including the Packers. The coaching staff(Martz in paticular) and Cutler all deserve praise for what they've done this year. No one really gave them a chance and they're now NFC North Champs.

That being said I would love for the Packers to blow out the Bears next week. But we'll see what happens. We should have won the first game and should win this second one, provided of course we don't pull a Plaxico Burress and shoot ourselves in the foot.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans seem to think the Bears will rest starters if the Eagles lose on Tuesday.

Don't think Eagles are losing that game, but if Bears have the #2 seed locked up I think they would rest their starters at some point in the game.

Probable scenario is for the Pack to play the Bears 2 weeks in a row...this rivalry just got a ton of its juice back.

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
C'mon man, if you're going to come in here and mock, at least get the spelling right on the names.... You lose what little credibility you didn't have in the first place that way.

the best part is, that I can agree with everything he says up to the "special teams is a joke" and to "kick it to Hester all the time".

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. But if the Packers are up by 2 TDs in the 2nd half expect them to shut it down very early. Close game? They will play the whole thing.

Remember Lovie made beating the Packers the #1 goal when he came on.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Falcons beat the Saints and the Eagles lose to the Vikings, then the Bears will be locked into the #2 seed. Remember 2006, when they blew off the season finale with the #1 seed locked up? It's possible they do that again if they have nothing to play for.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Falcons beat the Saints and the Eagles lose to the Vikings, then the Bears will be locked into the #2 seed. Remember 2006, when they blew off the season finale with the #1 seed locked up? It's possible they do that again if they have nothing to play for.
The Vikings are HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE.
No way will they beat the Eagles.
In Philly.
Joe Webb starting.

Members online

Latest posts