DL Help for 2022

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Reed is a rental, so this actually gives a Rookie DT time to adjust to the NFL, without the immediate pressure.

Before the Reed signing, I had need at DT going inside our 1st 4 selections. Now? I have that DT position need inside our 1st 7 selections (Rounds1-4)
I know they are trying to push this guy off as a sack master. He is not. I see him as someone who can take away the run up the gut and force teams into passing situations of which we can use the edge rushers or blitz.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This defense is so nasty on paper.

We just need pass rushing from the edge.

Pressure from the front, tackles from the middle and sidelines, complete disruption from the secondary.

Regarding this. Gary has progressed nicely. I could see him puting together 12 to 15 sacks next year, also pushing for an extension....

We will have to see. He's already really good but not at that level yet

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding this. Gary has progressed nicely. I could see him puting together 12 to 15 sacks next year, also pushing for an extension....

We will have to see. He's already really good but not at that level yet

He's reaching the surface and hopefully this will be his breakout year.

It would also be prudent for GB to use a 3-5th rd pick on an edge rusher.

Another bird in the bush.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reed will be very helpful in giving Clark a break and helping the team stop the run. He’s been way above the norm on converting pressures into sacks which is why so many seem to think he’s a good pass rusher. He’s a good dlineman (better than anyone packers had not named Clark) and will improve the team but nobody should be expecting him to be a pass rushing force.

Reaction score
Oh yeah he’s not Clark.
I will say in Reeds Defense (pun intended!) that his primary role isn’t Sack focused. Many sacks from iDL are the result of good pressure from the Edge and good CB play. Reed initially eats blocks and stops up the A-B gaps clogging Running lanes. Many of his Sacks are an indirect result of him not giving up though and finishing what the other boys started. Which is commendable.

The Packers current Roster is BOTH a top 12 Pass Rush and Pass Coverage or better, imo. That could improve slightly based on our drafting help. Also being paired with upper echelon players like Kenny Clark will eventually pay dividends.

We don’t know the future, but I do believe we are 1 of about a half dozen teams that can enable Reed to thrive. A few more teams than that are such good D fronts that Reed wouldn’t make the cut, yet we had a glaring hole with his name on it.

I noticed 1 more thing from his film. Reed is as much a fan of the Offense as we are. He seems to feed off the energy of the Offense making big plays while he cheers from the sideline and he’s often seen on his feet motivating those around him He uses those emotions to inspire his teammates. By doing so I think he unknowingly inspires himself. That’s why I called him “Big Mike”

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts