53 man roster for 2022

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But yeah, the Cowboys will have at least one more QB tomorrow. Terrible management on their part though not to have a solid #2 for the final roster. They better hope Dak stays healthy.
I could be wrong, but it looks like the Cowboys 53 (for the day) is set and they don't even have a Kicker or long snapper on it! LOL

Reaction score
In a dream world Yosh wants to stay and signs a solid but friendly deal...you give me Jenkins/Yosh/Tom I'll 100% not blink without Bakh
I think we could operate with
Jenkins LT
Nijman RT
Then make Tom a primary backup at RT.
Nijman our backup at LT
Gives Tom a little time to perfect his art.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could operate with
Jenkins LT
Nijman RT
Then make Tom a primary backup at RT.
Nijman our backup at LT
Gives Tom a little time to perfect his art.
This is next season. Tom is ready now IMO, but by next year I'll give him the keys without hesitating if needed.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly Bakh may be done, Jenkins becomes the long term high paid guy along the line. Tom or Nijman is the RT for future and you have Runyan/Myers/Newman in the middle worst case. That is a solid starting 5 without Rhyan and Walker even in there and probably a Day 2 pick in the mix too.
You said what none of us wants to admit - Bath may be done. I don't care that he signed a huge contract. I loved the way he played with very few unforced errors in his game. He should have another 3 or 4 solid years. Sometimes, **** truly does happen. Too bad. He's a good guy and a great Packer.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes you think that? I actually think the OL is in great shape, with both starters and depth of young guys. I can't see wanting to spend a first round pick on the OL next year, but a long way off.
Maybe you're right. I'm assuming Bakh is done and they need another stud. And first round OL usually start immediately. They've got other needs, like TE and CB/S depth. Who knows? And Packer GMs have been good at drafting O-linemen later in the draft. Bakhtiari was a 4th round pick. I think Linsley was a fifth. It's too far out anyway. I hope the line shapes up for week 1 in Minnesota. Who do you think starts?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was a little surprised that they cut K Ramid Ahmed now. I thought they would at least keep him for a little while to make sure they had someone in case Crosby is not 100% in time for the Vikings.

Hopefully both he and Caleb Jones make it to the PS.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope the line shapes up for week 1 in Minnesota. Who do you think starts?
I think Bahk is back and it will be him, Runyan, Myers, Hanson and Nijman. Jenkins won't be back as quick and it will be interesting to see if they put him back at LG or over at RT. I think some of that will be determined by how well Runyan and Nijman play or of course, other injuries.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bahk is back and it will be him, Runyan, Myers, Hanson and Nijman. Jenkins won't be back as quick and it will be interesting to see if they put him back at LG or over at RT. I think some of that will be determined by how well Runyan and Nijman play or of course, other injuries.

Hanson is not starting over Newman or Tom. I'll place a massive bet to that effect.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're optimistic about Bakh. I like that. IF Bakh doesn't come back, then Jenkins goes to LT. If Bakh is fine, Jenkins plays (primarily) RT.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hanson is not starting over Newman or Tom. I'll place a massive bet to that effect.
You are probably right, I lazily just looked at the ESPN depth chart and saw Hanson listed as the #1 RG.

Reaction score
You said what none of us wants to admit - Bath may be done. I don't care that he signed a huge contract. I loved the way he played with very few unforced errors in his game. He should have another 3 or 4 solid years. Sometimes, **** truly does happen. Too bad. He's a good guy and a great Packer.
I’m beginning to feel like if we all count Bak done and just strategize without him?
He’ll have a miracle healing just to prove us wrong!

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was a little surprised that they cut K Ramid Ahmed now. I thought they would at least keep him for a little while to make sure they had someone in case Crosby is not 100% in time for the Vikings.

Hopefully both he and Caleb Jones make it to the PS.
I don't see a kicker on PS, if needed they can call him or other kickers at home.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m beginning to feel like if we all count Bak done and just strategize without him?
He’ll have a miracle healing just to prove us wrong!
I'll leave it up to Gluten and MLF how to "strategize" about a post-Bakh OL. I am ok with a miracle though.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta admit to being wrong, Pack bring in only 2 RB's. Not sure I like that. Was cool to see Abernathy make the 53 though.

I was right on Amari Rodgers making it. So I break even on my predictions, lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gotta admit to being wrong, Pack bring in only 2 RB's. Not sure I like that. Was cool to see Abernathy make the 53 though.

All a game of chance. I'm sure the Packers would have loved to have kept quite a few of the guys they cut today. Roll the dice and release the ones least likely to be snatched up by another team for their 53 and hope they are willing to sign on to the Packers PS.

RB's seem to be easy to come by this time of year and the fact that the Packers only kept 2, will make it very enticing for another one to want to sign with the Packers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can get some health on OL we’ll be able to really ramp up our Running game early in.

I think I’d be fine with Jones Dillon Goodson for 3. Goodson really shined and earned that spot imo. He can catch and run and Goodson reminds me of Hill quality when he’s healthy.
Taylor if we kept 4 or until we figure out what’s up with Khylin
Will we sign a 3rd RB? Having one or two on the practice squad I expect. But how can you suit up just 2 in a game? We saw the Packers lose 2 RBs in a game a number of times. But we had a no. 3 and a FB.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’m thinking we see a good bit of Amari running the ball, jet sweeps, etc. This offense might have quite a few different looks, I’m wondering if we see Watson in the opener at all.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That has 2 change. Back in 2013 we lost 2 backs in Cincy and the no. 3 fumbled on the last drive.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That has 2 change. Back in 2013 we lost 2 backs in Cincy and the no. 3 fumbled on the last drive.
Well, if the 3rd stringer is going to fumble; I think I'd rather have an empty backfield. But yeah, someone will have to learn at least basic plays and then someone comes in off the PS.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that with the question of our two linemen coming back, we are likely keeping an extra lineman for a bit. Once we hopefully get DB and EJ back 100%, we send a lineman to the PS and bring up the top RB.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do get know is better Is the right view on this. Defenitly much different.
Dillon alloves you to ware down defences early and or take advantage of tired Ds late. While Jones gives you that burst, vision, cutback ability and can outside the tackles better.

Having to of them allowed you to let the D# get used to the rithom of big slow power back then swhich and braje big runs with a fast agile Jones.

I think 2 or even 3 back offense if you can afford thd roster spot is the way to go for the foreseeable future in the NFL that's for sure.

And having a guy the size of DJ Raji or K-Clarke pound the ball on 3rd/4trh and short aint bad idea either.
You give me a headache

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will we sign a 3rd RB? Having one or two on the practice squad I expect. But how can you suit up just 2 in a game? We saw the Packers lose 2 RBs in a game a number of times. But we had a no. 3 and a FB.
Think of the 53 man roster today as just a placeholder. With the 16 put on the PS in the next few days, (some of which might currently be on the 53), the few put on IR and the potential to sign other teams cuts, the Packers will have at least 3-4 RB's to choose from, to suit up for the Viking game.

Reaction score
I’m thinking H-back Josiah Deguara can fill that short term role if needed. We’ll obviously sign one to the PS squad also. If 2 went down before Hill is back they’d bring one up from PS the following week etc..

I believe Hill is expected to be back in that week 5 area also (fulfills PUP) I think he’s getting close now and he was our RB3/KR to start last season

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I could see that. I don’t know about TE though. Lewis brings us that veteran presence to a pretty deep position group. I’m definitely not opposed to vet signings though. That can be a big morale booster for any position group meeting room.

The tight end group isn't deep by any means. There's an argument to be made they actually lack a starting caliber player at all.

Can't agree with this. Letting Jones go? If he had pushed for $15 mil plus/year then yeah, let him walk.

I'm not in favor of paying a running back a significant amount of money at all. While the Packers signed Jones to a reasonable deal compared to other players at the position I believe the money would have been better spent on other positions.

Yeah I expect OL will be a first round need next year. But that's a long way off. The season is here. I'm not that concerned about the OL. The quicker Jenkins can play, the better. We'll know Bakhtiari is back when he plays a complete game, or at this point, even a half without swelling in his knee.

In my opinion there's reason to be concerned about the offensive line as long as Bakhtiari and Jenkins won't be able to play.

Honestly Bakh may be done, Jenkins becomes the long term high paid guy along the line.

The Packers would only save close to $6 million of cap space by moving on from Bakhtiari before March 20 next year. In addition that move would result in $23 million of dead money counting against the team's cap. I don't see that happening as long as he doesn't have to retire because of the injury.

There's no reason for the Packers to keep two kickers on the active roster. Hopefully Ahmed will make it to the practice squad.

The Packers can elevate a running back from the practice squad without having to make room for him on the active roster for some games.

Members online

Latest posts