Divisional round: Seattle at Green Bay - payback time

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
Cheering for the Packers to win. Unless the flu bug takes out key players, I see this game as to close to call. Probably settled in the final seconds by less than three points, and only one point would not surprise me.

D

Deleted member 6794

2 of them being against San Francisco no less, but to be fair Rodgers never had a reliable defense like he does now.

True, the Packers have a significantly improved defense this season. I was solely replying to another poster suggesting Rodgers doesn't often to a team twice in a season.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot bring myself to watch any of the "highlights" from SB 32. :(
Ya you know the feeling. And it’s sad because that game against Denver was a fantastic game if you aren’t a fan of the losing team. Same with the Patriots SeahAwks Super Bowl. But being a fan of the team that lost is brutally painful. One thing we have In common is our teams won the super bowl the year before. Takes away some of the hurt I suppose.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers last five playoff losses have come against teams they lost to during the regular season that year as well.
Oh.... wow. Why did I think Green Bay beat Atlanta in the regular season when they lost to them in playoffs. My bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh.... wow. Why did I think Green Bay beat Atlanta in the regular season when they lost to them in playoffs. My bad.

The Packers played pretty well at Atlanta during the regular season in 2016 only losing by a point.

They weren't competitive in the NFCCG though.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers played pretty well at Atlanta during the regular season in 2016 only losing by a point.

They weren't competitive in the NFCCG though.
And then they lost to New England. And it changed that franchise forever. Poor buggers.

D

Deleted member 6794

And then they lost to New England. And it changed that franchise forever. Poor buggers.

I was surprised the Falcons were that terrible early this season. They seemed to turn the corner in the second half of it though.

We'll see how they perform in 2020.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised the Falcons were that terrible early this season. They seemed to turn the corner in the second half of it though.

We'll see how they perform in 2020.
Ya me too. Some fans don’t want Matt Ryan anymore. I think he’s a very good qb. Bet colts fans would love to have him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ya me too. Some fans don’t want Matt Ryan anymore. I think he’s a very good qb. Bet colts fans would love to have him.

The Falcons can't move on from Ryan as such a move would result in an additional cap hit of $44.7 million counting against their cap next season. With them already being close up to the projected cap in 2020 there's no way for it to work even if they want to.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons can't move on from Ryan as such a move would result in an additional cap hit of $44.7 million counting against their cap next season. With them already being close up to the projected cap in 2020 there's no way for it to work even if they want to.
Wow..... didn’t realize that. I mean not sure why they would want to. Who realistically could replace him? He’s probably the only reason that team finished strong this year. Sure isn’t because of their elite defense. Granted I still don’t know why they call him “Matty Ice “

D

Deleted member 6794

Wow..... didn’t realize that. I mean not sure why they would want to. Who realistically could replace him? He’s probably the only reason that team finished strong this year. Sure isn’t because of their elite defense. Granted I still don’t know why they call him “Matty Ice “

I agree that it's all but guaranteed the Falcons have no interest in moving on from Ryan. Just wanted to point out that they couldn't even if they wanted to.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have added Bryan Bulaga and Alex Light to the injury report as questionable because of an illness. That's not a good sign.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have added Bryan Bulaga and Alex Light to the injury report as questionable because of an illness. That's not a good sign.

If there was a bug going around the locker room then it was super stupid of the training staff to not insist on the players wearing surgical masks at 1265 this week. :sick: I usually get sick whenever I fly so now I won't go on an airplane without one.

D

Deleted member 6794

If there was a bug going around the locker room then it was super stupid of the training staff to not insist on the players wearing surgical masks at 1265 this week. :sick: I usually get sick whenever I fly so now I won't go on an airplane without one.

There's definitely a bug going around in the locker room with Vitale, Dexter Williams, Lancaster and Josh Jackson being listed as questionable with an illness as well.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot bring myself to watch any of the "highlights" from SB 32. :(
I feel ill every time someone shows that John Elway "helicopter" clip. I have no interest in watching highlights from that Super Bowl either. I did think at the time that at least it was a good game, we didn't get blown out. And I was proud that they at least made it to the Super Bowl.

But being heavy favorites in that game made it a hard loss. I was comparing stats between the two teams before it was played though, and the two teams looked pretty evenly matched to me.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chiefs are getting absolutely destroyed. What a weird weekend.

This will be a frustrating year now for me as a Packer fan if we don't make the Superbowl. The AFC looks like it's going to send two awful cupcakes to the conference championship game. NFC team in the Superbowl is going to destroy either one of them.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, this HOU vs KC game right now is all about the Special teams. They been making all the big plays out there. Been hella entertaining though lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This will be a frustrating year now for me as a Packer fan if we don't make the Superbowl. The AFC looks like it's going to send two awful cupcakes to the conference championship game. NFC team in the Superbowl is going to destroy either one of them.
Gave up on kc so fast?

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so fAst.... chiefs are driving again

A chiefs Packers rematch would be a good one if Seattle doesn’t get in.