Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Bakhtiari didn't practice at all though.
Just an FYI. "Coach Matt LaFleur said the day off was planned and nothing to be concerned about, calling it part of “load management” for Bakhtiari as he works his way back from a significant injury."

Should be good to go barring any setbacks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question. Why is Hanson on the roster? Is he a good special teamer or something? You never hear anything like he's a promising prospect or something. You never hear anything at all really. He's never played at Center in a game as far as I know.

Honestly he was elevated from practice solely due to Myers injury. He has been in the system, slowly progressing but is merely a backup center incase of something happening. Michael Menet I suspect will beat him for this role in 2022 - whom I was a fan of as a draft prospect last draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've discussed some of whom is active for gameday with all the returnees...David Moore was protected by us this week - to me this points towards at minimum an expected elevation from PS to be return man Saturday I'd bet. I think given Cobbs' health and ESB role on ST Amari will be a healthy scratch.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've discussed some of whom is active for gameday with all the returnees...David Moore was protected by us this week - to me this points towards at minimum an expected elevation from PS to be return man Saturday I'd bet. I think given Cobbs' health and ESB role on ST Amari will be a healthy scratch.

I agree completely. I also think EQ has a role yet to play from scrimmage this postseason because he has ability and Rodgers raves about him. I think specifically to the 4th and 3 in AZ where he was going his direction the whole way.

p.s.

Who=Subject
Whom=Object
*Cobb's

Sorry, I can't help it. I'm an English teacher.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question. Why is Hanson on the roster? Is he a good special teamer or something? You never hear anything like he's a promising prospect or something. You never hear anything at all really. He's never played at Center in a game as far as I know.
I'm surprised too.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about either quarterback. As long as the Packers are able to contain the Niners' run game neither Garoppolo nor Lance will be able to win the game for them.
The Packers contained their run game in September, and Garopollo did what he could to win the game - he gave them the lead with 37 seconds left. The fact that Crosby kicked a last second FG was out of his control.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers contained their run game in September, and Garopollo did what he could to win the game - he gave them the lead with 37 seconds left. The fact that Crosby kicked a last second FG was out of his control.

I don't expect us to come close to repeating our performance against them last time this time - Deebo's roll in the backfield attack has changed a ton since then and we all need to remember they were on their third/fourth best RBs that game - Elijah Mitchell has been a BEAST for them when healthy of late - outperforming any other back I believe during the last ten weeks of the season or close to it if I read right.

Now that said, folks are highlighting everywhere the test that the Niners will be for us - and ignoring how more refined our defense has become and healthier we find ourselves than we were that game even. Everything except perhaps a Deebo type player the Niners do well - the Packers do so and better IMO.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the D's success will depend not only on stellar play from our studs: Clark, Gary, P. Smith and Campbell, but on the play of "the other guys" ~ Slaton, Lowry, Lancaster & Barnes. Our studs will already have the attention of SF's OL & Kittle... but it'll be up to Slaton, Lancaster & Lowry to step-up and clog the rush lanes and Barnes will need to fill & make tackles to his side. Kittle is a monster blocker for a TE so Barnes can't get man-handled or our CB's/Safeties are in for a long day.

Gary & Smith need to contain the edges to negate the misdirection & bounces outside by Samuels & Mitchell.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting a kick out of hearing all morning on the sports talk shows about how decimated the 49ers are. We spent most of the year without up to 10 starters out of games, as many as four or five All pro caliber players. We didn't have our preferred starting five on the offensive line for even one play this season. The 49ers have three key banged up players, all of whom are going to play Saturday night. But their decimated.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see GB's first series a very run-heavy mix with GB exerting their will onto the 9'ers D and setting the tone for smash-mouth play. Mix in a couple of AR shots to Adams & Lazard but just run the ball down their throats. Would get the OL juiced to dominate, force the 9'ers to creep up and attempt to stop the run. Would also love to see Dillon taking on a corner/safety a few times and let them know their evening will be spent tackling 250 lb. Dillon or trying to catch Jones.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discussion of our regular season win against them made me look up who excelled that game and honestly it shouldn't surprise you who were our best five rated defenders that day included three LBs and a DL

1. LB Krys Barnes, 81.4
2. DL Tyler Lancaster, 79.3
3. CB Jaire Alexander, 78.7
4. LB Oren Burks, 78.0
5. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 70.0

Reaction score
I'm getting a kick out of hearing all morning on the sports talk shows about how decimated the 49ers are. We spent most of the year without up to 10 starters out of games, as many as four or five All pro caliber players. We didn't have our preferred starting five on the offensive line for even one play this season. The 49ers have three key banged up players, all of whom are going to play Saturday night. But their decimated.
They’re going to need a good excuse ;)

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the snow will come Sat. morning. Partly cloudy and around 10+f during game time.

Reaction score
Discussion of our regular season win against them made me look up who excelled that game and honestly it shouldn't surprise you who were our best five rated defenders that day included three LBs and a DL

1. LB Krys Barnes, 81.4
2. DL Tyler Lancaster, 79.3
3. CB Jaire Alexander, 78.7
4. LB Oren Burks, 78.0
5. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 70.0
Yeah. J’aire had an INT. Campbell was his usual high octane self.
Actually we minimized their run game so much that Jimmy G tossed it 40 times. SF relied on YAC and they use the short game repeatedly and relatively effectively. Kittle. Kittle Kittle. Bring a spy and follow him everywhere including the restroom if needed. We need to come stop the short game and come furious, but disciplined. Aggressive play and Good solid tackling etc..

We also need to limit penalties. We had 7 penalties for 87 yards. Poor mental discipline sent Dallas to the graveyard. We need to limit that especially on ST holding etc.. no holding!!
We led 17-0 at one point.

Last edited:

David Hay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I can find reasons why I wouldn't want to play all the remaining playoff teams, but I don't need to. I think this is one of the best teams that the Packers have had in a long time and given they are at home, they should have a clear path to the Super Bowl. Go out, play good (I didn't say great) defense, run your offense and you beat any and all of these teams. Packers could beat themselves with turnovers and penalties, but I don't see them doing that either. The atmosphere on Saturday is going to be nuts at Lambeau and the home team is going to be poised and ready to go.
That's a G4BW statement. The PACK just needs to keep their heads straight and get it done at the Lambeau Field Church location this Saturday. The whole world needs something to "celebrate". This year it's about much more than just football. Some of you feel this❤(anonymous- rt. NOW)

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You raise some very good points. Thank you. G4BW
the G4BW oilless micro vacuum pump is maintenance-free, with stable and adjustable speed. it features accurate repeatability, is dry running and self-priming, is well-sealed and has a long life of 8,000 hours. it has an operating range of 0.8 to 7.5 liters per minute, and consumes only 5 watts of energy.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a G4BW statement. The PACK just needs to keep their heads straight and get it done at the Lambeau Field Church location this Saturday. The whole world needs something to "celebrate". This year it's about much more than just football. Some of you feel this❤(anonymous- rt. NOW)
There will be a lot of praying come this Saturday. I am sure of that.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see GB's first series a very run-heavy mix with GB exerting their will onto the 9'ers D and setting the tone for smash-mouth play. Mix in a couple of AR shots to Adams & Lazard but just run the ball down their throats. Would get the OL juiced to dominate, force the 9'ers to creep up and attempt to stop the run. Would also love to see Dillon taking on a corner/safety a few times and let them know their evening will be spent tackling 250 lb. Dillon or trying to catch Jones.
Except in the 4th quarter I always think we have to throw to run. I would like to see a clock eating drive but we may need a long one to loosen them up.

Jpete66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers will be a hard out !! I think this game comes down to which team forces the other team out of their game plan first. The 49ers on offense will if have success if they can run the ball. If they fail to do that they will be in trouble. On Defense they want to get pressure with their front 4 so as to help the back end that is average at best. If they accomplish both of those goals they could pull off the upset. The Packers because of Rodgers can win multiple ways on offense. His ability to adapt to the situation always gives the Packers a chance. I think it will be a close game with the Packers putting the game away late with score to go up more than a TD. It is asking a lot of the 49ers to win on the road three consecutive weeks (on a short week) against very good opponents when they are banged up at key positions.

Reaction score
The 49ers will be a hard out !! I think this game comes down to which team forces the other team out of their game plan first. The 49ers on offense will if have success if they can run the ball. If they fail to do that they will be in trouble. It is asking a lot of the 49ers to win on the road three consecutive weeks (on a short week) against very good opponents when they are banged up at key positions.
That another point Id like to address. We went to their house and beat a pretty good SF team. The Packers have played better at home. Very tough to beat in Lambeau and idc if it’s 75° or 15° the homecrowd gets involved.

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners last played at Lambeau during the 2018 season with the Packers winning 33-30. C.J. Beathard was your quarterback that game.
Holy crap, I forgot about that. Great game. 2018 was forgettable as a 49ers fan so I forgot about that.

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That another point Id like to address. We went to their house and beat a pretty good SF team. The Packers have played better at home. Very tough to beat in Lambeau and idc if it’s 75° or 15° the homecrowd gets involved.

Sorta. 49ers were not playing very good in the first half of the season. The 3-5 record showed a horribly underperforming team. They're playing better now, but I agree, the game being at Lambeau I don't see the 49ers winning.

Members online

Latest posts