Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love to see GB's first series a very run-heavy mix with GB exerting their will onto the 9'ers D and setting the tone for smash-mouth play. Mix in a couple of AR shots to Adams & Lazard but just run the ball down their throats. Would get the OL juiced to dominate, force the 9'ers to creep up and attempt to stop the run. Would also love to see Dillon taking on a corner/safety a few times and let them know their evening will be spent tackling 250 lb. Dillon or trying to catch Jones.
Well if recent history is any guide, you won't get your wish. Lots of early passing and 3 and outs, with us falling behind early seems to be more likely. Coaching staff needs to be better this weekend than they have been.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorta. 49ers were not playing very good in the first half of the season. The 3-5 record showed a horribly underperforming team. They're playing better now, but I agree, the game being at Lambeau I don't see the 49ers winning.
Another way to look at it is that the 49ers were 2-0 when they ran into the Packers in week 3 and started their losing streak. lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL....I always like to read takes from the opponent's media. Sounds like they are really pushing how cold it is in Wisconsin. Been a balmy winter thus far I thought? :coffee:

Also, seems like snow scares them more than wind chills.

Maybe the grounds crew should turn off the coils and uncover the field before the snow starts?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt they released him because they have someone better to take his place. Must have been an off the field thing.

Being told it is a personal reason, and same reason he was inactive before his Covid stint. Haven't been told if that personal thing is medical, family or criminal related.

Dang....

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yeah it's cold. I wouldn't want to pi&& outside especially into the wind.
Yeah, imagine being out in that for 4 hours..in a football uniform! SF cold and GB cold...is way different..Let's start with a 12 play 80 yard drive the consumes 8 minutes..Let that cold get into their bones early.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The did protect Abdullah & McIntosh on the practice squad yesterday..must have known something was up. I think they had a dlineman in for a visit yesterday as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The did protect Abdullah & McIntosh on the practice squad yesterday..must have known something was up. I think they had a dlineman in for a visit yesterday as well.
Abdullah has been there. He was one of our four protected PS guys this week and all sources seem to elude to this was not a surprise in house.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, imagine being out in that for 4 hours..in a football uniform! SF cold and GB cold...is way different..Let's start with a 12 play 80 yard drive the consumes 8 minutes..Let that cold get into their bones early.
LOL I hear ya, Man! Anything the weather gods can do to strike pain into their bones with every hit I have no problem with that, Brother! No seriously, man...I am not a violent guy so I don't wish any pain on anyone but I do hope the Niners are very cold and shiver their bums off!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if recent history is any guide, you won't get your wish. Lots of early passing and 3 and outs, with us falling behind early seems to be more likely. Coaching staff needs to be better this weekend than they have been.
Yeah Pike you're right. It makes no sense to start throwing when the Packers have what I believe to be a clear advantage in the run game. The field will be slick. Give it to Dillion and let him hammer that line. Alternate with Jones on a screen or sweep and pass just over the LBs to keep the chains moving. Wear out their D, own TOP.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect SF to be over aggressive the first couple of drives. Lots of loaded boxes and sending extra rushers all in trying to create disruption early to get some momentum and quiet the crowd. That’s what worked in Dallas, SF literally hushed the crowd for 3.5 quarters.
I’d get the ball out quicker and decisively for some 5 yard chunks and keep their D on the field with a slow methodical bleeding. At some juncture we will need to test our Run game. If Dillon can rush for 6 yards a carry against Tampa last season, he should be good for 4-5 yards a carry in bulk. Wear them down early with a humiliating 75 yard, 7 minute drive.
Love it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...this is not good.

Eh not good or bad, right now they don’t need to have a spot on the active roster till they elevate them. Keke releasing opens a spot and I could see perhaps a Hanson release type move coming as well given health of line coming back.

Reaction score
Another way to look at it is that the 49ers were 2-0 when they ran into the Packers in week 3 and started their losing streak. lol.
Yes. You could also say we were a walk off FG from a miserable 1-2. Who really had the bad start? They were a play from 3-0. The point being that it’s common for teams to struggle earlier in the season. The real identity shows up by mid season, the Packers played pretty well throughout. Consistency often Trumps hot n cold and the Packers are pretty good there. Each of our 4 losses were reasonably explained (a late start, a backup QB, away game where Vikings were firing on all cylinders @MN and lastly a backups playing)

Vice versa, we often see several supposedly good teams fall apart after mid season.

I guess we will find out Saturday. I’m not interested in being cold n hot n cold etc..) We just want to be consistently good and Win games.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm... I had an English professor ask me if English was my second language. Such a bitter...bitter man was Dudley.:whistling:
Not trying to be funny but that would be grounds for “cancellation” of the professor if you’re a minority.

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It says something when even the NFL players know the Cowboys will Cowboy and be 1 & done lol
I liked his response also. It gave a glimpse into their preparation last week. Matts response eluded to the concept that our staff likely spent several days studying film of the 4 remaining NFC teams we could face during the bye week.

That early preparation and the ability for us to start breaking down SF game film almost before the game ended Sunday? What a great edge to have while our opponent is focusing on traveling back across country.

I’m much more comfortable with this coaching staff preparing for rhe 49ers than I would be on the SF side of things.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts