Disagree button

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So by just the click of a mouse I'm personally attacking someone? Not because I actually SAID anything that could be interpreted as an attack but because I clicked an icon that literally says and should be interpreted as, "I disagree with your post." ?

I'm hoping this is a satire post.

As with other sites that I've left or been asked to leave, if you don't like, you don't have to stay. Buy a site and run it yourself.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol folks getting worked up because someone slaps a red X on their posts need to get some thicker skin.
Sadly, this is an example of the world we live in today. "Everyone gets a trophy...everyone's a winner" mentality. People can't handle someone disagreeing with them. Skin is as thick as paper mâché. lol :rolleyes:

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
I guess I am just thick skinned. Not only do I expect people to disagree with my opinion at times, I really don't care if they do.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I am just thick skinned. Not only do I expect people to disagree with my opinion at times, I really don't care if they do.

But don't you want to know why? Might be that you're wrong and hadn't thought about it that way, or (this is a sports discussion forum, after all) it gives you a specific aspect to address.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the attitude everyone should have. I can't understand these paper mâché-skinned people. Pathetic!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the attitude everyone should have. I can't understand these paper mâché-skinned people. Pathetic!

And yet you still went and pettily went on a disagreeing spree with my posts when I disagreed with a single one of yours. :rolleyes:

H

HardRightEdge

Actually, what you need is a different symbol for "disagree".

What do people viscerally (another fancy word) associate the Big Red X with? It's the teacher marking an answer wrong. So it's a double whammy. The user of the X is assuming a superior position, the teacher, while not so much disagreeing as saying, "you're wrong!"

You might want to consider one of these if you're not locked into the X by the software package:

https://www.google.com/search?q=disagree+emoji&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UztpVTm6p-SlMM%3A%2CHAyLR7-j6iDDyM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kRF5sizeF_6fJ6pw-Prll8x3R3ZSQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIh62Dn4TfAhUILK0KHQB1CIoQ9QEwAHoECAIQBA#imgrc=UztpVTm6p-SlMM

I'd go with this one:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dunno if you have to pay to use it.

Personally, I don't care, but it might help solve some headaches.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet you still went and pettily went on a disagreeing spree with my posts when I disagreed with a single one of yours. :rolleyes:
Thanks for proving my point. :D I disagreed with what you said. It's really that simple. There isn't some deep underlying reason for it as you seem to think. Is it that difficult for you to understand? Sorry I hurt your feelings.:rolleyes:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes there's nothing more to say and doing so would do nothing but perpetuate a pointless argument. I think a lone Big Red X is better than following up with a post that says "I disagree because now you're talking in circles and making no sense whatsoever." I think by banning the lone X you're inviting more heated arguments. When I use it it pretty much means, "I disagree and I'm done with it. No point in trying to talk sense to you anymore."
Quoted for truth. This "rule" is definitely going to create many pointless arguments. Like you said, sometimes there is no point in continuing to argue with someone. Disagree and move on is the best for everyone.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But don't you want to know why? Might be that you're wrong and hadn't thought about it that way, or (this is a sports discussion forum, after all) it gives you a specific aspect to address.

Would have felt left out if not getting one of his big red X's on this. :) Now let's see if I can snag another.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
I would guess that really depends. I read this forum and there are people that have good, informed and insightful comments, then yes. I also occasionally see people that just make personal insults, rude remarks or are just trolls or trouble makers. Then no, you only encourage them. All in all though I think most people here on this forum are decent and only wish to debate, but some don't.

H

HardRightEdge

We could do with this one more. I can use this in half the threads after any loss.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Or maybe when running the ball on 3rd. and 10 at the 50 yard line.

H

HardRightEdge

People can't handle someone disagreeing with them. Skin is as thick as paper mâché. lol :rolleyes:
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. This is one laughable guy, LOL. Call this guy out on his cr*p and he goes running to daddy or "Papa" or whoever.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why even have a disagree button? If it causes problems.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We have no issue with people disagreeing with others opinions. We DO have an issue with smartass and childish behavior towards other members. You're all adults, and we'd like you to act like it.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
As with other sites that I've left or been asked to leave, if you don't like, you don't have to stay. Buy a site and run it yourself.

If you don’t like longtimefan’s packerforum there is atleast 3 other popular packer discussion boards on the internet. I kinda like this one though, it’s less cheerful and I like it that way.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don’t like longtimefan’s packerforum there is atleast 3 other popular packer discussion boards on the internet. I kinda like this one though, it’s less cheerful and I like it that way.
Not mine.. It's all of ours. And this rule has been around for a while

Members online

Latest posts