Disagree button

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
An issue is coming to light and it has to be addressed.

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

Personal Attacks:

We have had a rash of situations pop up that should be addressed again.

We are not going to tolerate name calling or personal attacks on other people just because you disagree with their point of view.

A preponderance of negative ratings (or using disagree button) directed at a poster will be viewed as a personal attack.

Rating posts (or hitting disagree button) that are over two months old in an attempt to incite the poster will be viewed as a personal attack.

If you disagree with a post and then follow it up with a post explaining your point of view, it will not fall under this guideline

H

HardRightEdge

Supposedly I'm on ignore by Mr. Big Red X, so that should alleviate some of the problem, LOL.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So by just the click of a mouse I'm personally attacking someone? Not because I actually SAID anything that could be interpreted as an attack but because I clicked an icon that literally says and should be interpreted as, "I disagree with your post." ?

I'm hoping this is a satire post.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So by just the click of a mouse I'm personally attacking someone? Not because I actually SAID anything that could be interpreted as an attack but because I clicked an icon that literally says and should be interpreted as, "I disagree with your post." ?

A preponderance of negative ratings (or using disagree button) directed at a poster will be viewed as a personal attack.

If you go and hit disagree on numerous posts in a few min time frame, could be viewed as an personal attack..

Like wise if a post is somewhat old, could be seen that way.

Point blank. People get into disagreements here. Sometimes heated and out of control. Sometimes those people go and hit disagree on as many posts as they can just to be spiteful..

We are trying to stop that

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes there's nothing more to say and doing so would do nothing but perpetuate a pointless argument. I think a lone Big Red X is better than following up with a post that says "I disagree because now you're talking in circles and making no sense whatsoever." I think by banning the lone X you're inviting more heated arguments. When I use it it pretty much means, "I disagree and I'm done with it. No point in trying to talk sense to you anymore."

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes there's nothing more to say and doing so would do nothing but perpetuate a pointless argument. I think a lone Big Red X is better than following up with a post that says "I disagree because now you're talking in circles and making no sense whatsoever." I think by banning the lone X you're inviting more heated arguments. When I use it it pretty much means, "I disagree and I'm done with it. No point in trying to talk sense to you anymore."
The lone X is fine. Even a handful, if you are going back and forth with someone on opposite sides of an issue. As long as you are following it up in that case with your argument. The kind of crap that turns off most other posters. It's when SmarterThanYoullEverB gets into a snit with BestFanEver and decides to X every post he makes today without stating in a followup as to why.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol folks getting worked up because someone slaps a red X on their posts need to get some thicker skin.

Reaction score

I think LTF basically said a “preponderance” of X’s. Not because you clicked “an icon” but rather if you start machine gunning X’s at a particular poster or group of posters.
We all need to practice a reasonable courtesy in here.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we all stop using the word "preponderance" ? I saw that and I was like, "Who uses that word?!" Was it the word of the day on Dictionary.com or something?

Red Xs in 3....2....1....

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we all stop using the word "preponderance" ? I saw that and I was like, "Who uses that word?!" Was it the word of the day on Dictionary.com or something?

This rule has been in for years. Not our fault you JUST read the rules.
Lol!

H

HardRightEdge

Civil suits are to be decided based on the "preponderance of the evidence." It's kinda like that. Literate people use big words sometimes even if the leader of free world is incapable of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have no idea what you are talking about... but find nothing unusual about the use of that word.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The rule is simple enough to understand if you bother to read it. CONTINUAL use against an individual WILL be seen that way. If you don't like what they say put them on ignore.

Members online

Latest posts