Did The Pack Make A Mistake By Keeping Brett In Last Year???

Do You Feel The Pack Should Have Played Aaron Rodgers Last Year After They Were Out Of The Playoff R

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a simple question to ask, and I find that the packers are foolish for not doing this. # 1 why didn't the Packers play Aaron Rodgers last year after they knew they were out of the playoff running?? I think that this was a mistake and they should have started him to see what this kid really had in a real game situation. # 2 This would have gave Aaron Rodgers experience in the NFL. # 3 If he would have done bad and made us lose that would have been a good thing in a way, (because most rookie QB's in there first season dont go out there and do great) we would have had a worse record and we could have got a higher draft pick and Aaron Rodgers could have got experience. # 4 if Brett Favre wanted to keep his consecutive starting streak going he could have went out played a series or 2 and then let Aaron Rodgers take over the rest of the game ( But seeing how records dont matter to Brett Favre this shouldnt have been a problem) # 5 This would have truely showing me if Favre would have did this that he was a team player and that he only wanted to do what was best for the team. People need to move on over Brett Im happy with or with out him you just have to keep looking ahead you cant live in this Favre world and act like Favre is bigger then the team. We will find another QB that is as good or maybe better then Favre wether we have that man in Aaron Rodgers Or wether it is someone that is going to come in 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 years.

I find that the packers did make a big mistake by not playing Aaron Rodgers last year and I really don't understand why they didnt.

Coments Are WELCOME

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a lot of words, and I'll be honest--I didn't get through the first line.

But anyway, why didn't they just take out everyone? ****, why were the coaches there?

Well, *******, the fans, what the **** were they doing there. I mean come on....

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't not start Brett no matter what the situation. People pay to see Brett, not Aaron Rodgers. The fan based would be pissed and rightfully so. Also you don't start a rookie quarterback if you can avoid it. It is better for them to learn through practice and through watching the starter. Aaron did get a small amount of playing time, which i think was good for him and I think he probably should of gotten more playing time in the New Orleans game, but no way do you start him, or play him in significant game situations even if the season is lost.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Did The Pack Make A Mistake By Keeping Brett In Last Yea

We are Rebuilding Mode and we could have got a head start to see what Aaron Rodgers had. There is no damn Favre in team and plus im sure everyone was excited to see Favre throw 29 ints. Get Over Favre This is stupid we need to Rebuild the right way and that doesnt mean year in and year out we wonder if Favre is going to come back and yet we make a big deal about it. Get Over Favre so are you saying all people do is come to packer games or watch them on tv to see Brett Favre? So when he is finally gone nobody is going to watch the games or go to them any more. I dont care about Favre personnally It made me sick watching him throw Int after Int, it may have been do to lack of talent around him or injuries, but im sure Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have been any worse, and he might have but you cant judge a book by its cover, and you cant judge Aaron Rodgers before u have seen him play in a couple of regular season games or maybe even a year or two. Plus I dont watch Packer Games or go to them to see Brett Favre I go to see the Green Bay Packers. But latly people seem to care less and less about the Packers and care more and more about Favre, and act like he is the only person on the 53 man roster that matters.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whats with the smart a** comments.

I dont care what you have to say about me or me hitting the enter key, I want to hear peoples thoughts about the topic.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JeezusJuice said:

Thats funny. I think a lot of people do that. "Too many words! BRAIN OVERLOAD!"

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Somebody please tell me a good reason why we shouldnt have started to play Aaron Rodgers? I just want to know why it would have been such a bad idea seeing how we are rebuilding.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Packer Legend,

I think in many situation you would be correct. Why not let the youngster get some reps? I thought he should have gotten more than he did, but I'm very supportive of him not taking too many.

Mainly because we would have been throwing him to the wolves. By the time we were officially out of the hunt, we were down to our 4th string RB, had no recievers other than Driver, and a makeshift offensive line. I think it would have hurt more than helped to put him into that situation.

Also, like stated earlier, you can't ask Brett to sit. Whether or not Rodgers should've gotten more 2nd half chances is up for debate, but remeber that we seemed to be in every game until the end last year. Bottom line is Brett gave us a better chance to win.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I realize where you are coming from Matt and you have some good points.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't deny the marketing power that Brett Favre has. He gets the Packers on primetime tv so people can see him play nationwide, and he is a big part of the popularity of the Packers. I most likely wouldn't have become a Packer fan without Brett Favre. I realize that he isn't bigger than the team, but in this case I don't really see it helping the team to have him sitting on the bench. It wouldn't be good for team moral, and as was mentioned, Rodgers just wasn't ready yet.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
JeezusJuice said:

Thats funny. I think a lot of people do that. "Too many words! BRAIN OVERLOAD!"
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Trolling attempt: denied.

Have a nice day.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY, mistake was getting Teddy, or maybe somepeople will think it was a mistake just because without Brett we will be looking to pick #1 and get Bush..

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What's the big hurry...? :roll:

Why rebuild while Favre is here?

Teams have to go through rebuilding once in a while..but why not wait until Favre retires...but..while he's here..why not try to win now...?

I still think you can rebuild somewhat AND build a competitive team through FA now..but TT can't seem to get it through his primitive brain that you can do this....

TT seems to want to start from scratch so he can say "I did it all..."

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a TT apoligist Pack but I think he is looking more down the road when it comes to the team. WHile it is true it would be nice for Brett to have two more seasons I just dont think Bretts commitment to two seasons is there.

As far as sitting Brett that is just stupid. Brett is the starter because he beat out A-Rod for the spot. Problem last year was abysmal play calling and no running game that would even have exposed Joe Montana to a death sentence.

I hope that Brett comes back and the injury bug GB has had goes away and gets Brett fired up for another season after this one.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My point is...

..you can rebuild ANYTIME..why not wait til Favre retires..??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:
My point is...

..you can rebuild ANYTIME..why not wait til Favre retires..??

Ok. When is Favre going to retire?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerLegend said:
Somebody please tell me a good reason why we shouldnt have started to play Aaron Rodgers? I just want to know why it would have been such a bad idea seeing how we are rebuilding.

Because he obviously hasn't earned it. I don't pretend to be at practice or know inside info but it is pretty clear that Rodgers hasn't done anything overly impressive during camp or practice. Hell even TT is considering taking another QB with the first pick.

Coaches tend to play guys that give them the best chance to win. Clearly Rodgers wasn't one of those guys.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So DePack..

...are you sayin' that TT made a "mistake" in drafting Rodgers last year..?

and if they draft a QB..won't it make Rodgers harder to "deal" to another team since the Packers will look like they have "no confidence in him"..?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
So DePack..

and if they draft a QB..won't it make Rodgers harder to "deal" to another team since the Packers will look like they have "no confidence in him"..?

I'm willing to give the guy a shot but if Rodgers came out this year he would be way behind Leinart, Cutler and Young. I don't think TT will take one of these QBs but when asked he has said "If you think a Michael Jordan is out there you don't pass on him for a Sam Bowie" which leads you to believe TT thinks Rodgers may be a Sam Bowie type.

IF he takes a QB with the #5 the shat will hit the fin!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

DePack said:
P@ck66 said:
So DePack..

I'm willing to give the guy a shot but if Rodgers came out this year he would be way behind Leinart, Cutler and Young. I don't think TT will take one of these QBs but when asked he has said "If you think a Michael Jordan is out there you don't pass on him for a Sam Bowie" which leads you to believe TT thinks Rodgers may be a Sam Bowie type.

That's a bold interesting comment! I like it. Well the comment not its contents lol.

Why do you think Cutler, Young and Leinart are ahead of Rodgers?

I'm assuming you are saying if Cutler, Young, Leinart and Rodgers were to start this season week one Rodgers would be the farthest behind.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
P@ck66 said:
So DePack..

That's a bold interesting comment! I like it. Well the comment not its contents lol.

Why do you think Cutler, Young and Leinart are ahead of Rodgers?

I'm assuming you are saying if Cutler, Young, Leinart and Rodgers were to start this season week one Rodgers would be the farthest behind.

I meant talentwise coming out of college. I'm certainly no expert but I have heard many of them say that not only are the big 3 this year way ahead of Rogers they also think they are way ahead of Alex Smith who was picked #1 by the Niners.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't we just let Rodgers play, and then assess him then. The guy is already got his hands full with having to follow BF. Give the guy a chance

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

DePack said:
I meant talentwise coming out of college. I'm certainly no expert but I have heard many of them say that not only are the big 3 this year way ahead of Rogers they also think they are way ahead of Alex Smith who was picked #1 by the Niners.
I don't think highly of Leinart at all (product of the system). Cutler, don't have an opinion never seen him play. Young I think he's jus a more accurate passer an slower version of Mike Vick.

With that said I guess of the three I'd say Young has the most potential.

Young vs Rodgers. Hate to say it, but Young's low wonderlic score scares me so I'd have to say Rodgers.

pyledriver80 said:
Why can't we just let Rodgers play, and then assess him then. The guy is already got his hands full with having to follow BF. Give the guy a chance
Because thats not fun. ;)