Devin Funchess has opted out of the 2020 season

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ignore feature is merely acknowledging someone's inability to handle another's opinion...wish boards just did away with the feature.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I still don't think he's a good QB and will backfill all day long :) He's 1 read and run, tossing to wide open WR's or running the football, or sitting back there playing backyard football where he can do one of the previously mentioned options or getting sacked and fumbling. His new guns and grown brow also tell me he's a nice athlete receiving plenty of "help"

He’s definitely limited, but he’s still a lot more capable of playing the position than I gave him credit for.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The ignore feature is merely acknowledging someone's inability to handle another's opinion...wish boards just did away with the feature.

Have to disagree with you on this one. The ignore feature is to stop things escalating beyond discussion and to stop moderators having to step in.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Since I don't have anyone on ignore, wouldn't PB see it since you quoted Dantés? :whistling:

When you have someone on ignore and someone quotes them, all you see is the response, not the original comment. It gets a little confusing because you see replies and not what’s being replied to.

I

Since I don't have anyone on ignore, wouldn't PB see it since you quoted Dantés? :whistling:

good point but if he responds it will be to my comment and not Dante ;). He is entitled to his opinion. I use the ignore feature and think it`s useful.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

When you ignore someone, you can't see anything that they post or if someone uses the direct quote of the person you have on ignore, that can't be seen either. Also, if someone wants to circumvent your iggy of another, they can simply cut and paste that posters statement and say "this is what the guy you have on ignore posted". Also, I have the option to take someone off ignore and read what they wrote, but have no interest in doing that. What I would call a "glitch" in this boards ignore feature is it is not 2 way unless both posters ignore each other. One poster can still see everything the other posts, if they haven't put the other on ignore. But hey, those that know I have them on ignore, yet still pretend I can hear them, goes to show you a little something about their personality.

good point but if he responds it will be to my comment and not Dante ;). He is entitled to his opinion. I use the ignore feature and think it`s useful.

I agree with Buggy, I use the ignore feature to remove people that I find to be consistent instigators of fights and drama. I don't come here to read the condescending BS of people who might have some football knowledge, but have very little in the way of people or communication skills.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to disagree with you on this one. The ignore feature is to stop things escalating beyond discussion and to stop moderators having to step in.

Ugh I cannot handle this disagreement...im gonna put you on ignore....

Wait, no I'm not. I think it is childish and moronic...however I also understand why others feel it justified. Life moves on and I'm just happy I don't ignore anyone because love or hate them most of the active posters here add a unique perspective and insight more often than not.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When you ignore someone, you can't see anything that they post or if someone uses the direct quote of the person you have on ignore, that can't be seen either. Also, if someone wants to circumvent your iggy of another, they can simply cut and paste that posters statement and say "this is what the guy you have on ignore posted". Also, I have the option to take someone off ignore and read what they wrote, but have no interest in doing that. What I would call a "glitch" in this boards ignore feature is it is not 2 way unless both posters ignore each other. One poster can still see everything the other posts, if they haven't put the other on ignore. But hey, those that know I have them on ignore, yet still pretend I can hear them, goes to show you a little something about their personality.

I agree with Buggy, I use the ignore feature to remove people that I find to be consistent instigators of fights and drama. I don't come here to read the condescending BS of people who might have some football knowledge, but have very little in the way of people or communication skills.

I’m not putting Poker on ignore because I don’t feel the need to shield my feelings from his opinions.

He and I had great back and forths on here for years. Then he found out that I have a different opinion than him on COVID and that was basically it. I’m no longer fit to discuss football with, apparently.

But I see no reason not to see what he says.

I

Wait, no I'm not. I think it is childish and moronic...however I also understand why others feel it justified. Life moves on and I'm just happy I don't ignore anyone because love or hate them most of the active posters here add a unique perspective and insight more often than not.

Tyni, my point is and as I said on numerous occasions when I was a moderator....it`s fine to disagree with somebody, it`s HOW you disagree with somebody. When somebody tries to ram their opinion down somebody else`s throat then THAT is when the ignore feature comes into play. You can deride that all you want, joking or otherwise, but that`s the purpose of the ignore feature. Just saying.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but as a Moderator, you of all people should know that circumventing an ignore by posting what I chose to not read in the first place, if not against the TOS, is kind of a **** move. Just saying.

That being said, I stopped at "he said". I'm intelligent enough to infer what "he said" based on Captain and yours posts, quite frankly, I could care less what he said, which is why he is on ignore.
My aplogizes

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My aplogizes
so...funchess. think he want's s do-over? lol

I doubt it and I respect the guy. I remember reading his statement (below) and thought "ok, this guy has it right". I'm sure he will be back for another go at it in 2021.

“My closest family members have experienced the life-threatening impact of COVID-19 first hand and for their and my own safety, I’ve decided to opt out of the upcoming NFL season,” Funchess wrote. “This was not a decision I took lightly but it’s what is best for my family and myself at this time.”

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So....aside from half the board ignoring each other. Is it safe to say we should cut/trade Funchess for cap savings? That $2.5M could go a ways to keeping Jones or King.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is your opinion. I was going to give you a disagree but I think I'll just put you on ignore instead.:D

That is your opinion. Definitely time for the ignore button.:D:D

Seriously though the ignore feature and the ignore thread feature are my two best friends. Yes I am adult enough to not read what some people post but when their post show up as quotes in someone else's post it makes it kind of hard to simply say "I'm just not going to read what that p I don't know who I all have on ignore and I know some of them are no longer here so it doesn't matter but I can think of two off the top of my head. Like Poker mentioned I have on occasion clicked to read what they have said and like i said before its usually a quick reminder of why I put them on ignore in the first place.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's the moronic posters who make the ignore feature necessary. I only have one person on ignore, someone who made idiotic comments about how the coronavirus is a hoax.

D

Deleted member 6794

Because McVay really refers to use 11 personnel and he oversaw the offense. What happened when LaFleur was in charge of his own offense? Can you tell me why you'd prefer to look at an offense that he was not in charge of, instead of one that he was?

Do you honestly believe McVay hired an offensive coordinator that wants to run a completely different scheme than him? It's more realistic to conclude that having talented receivers in Kupp, Woods and Watkins on the roster resulted in MLF mainly using 11 personnel that season.

There have been 7 games this season when Adams was not the leading receiver. They're 6-1 and +64 in scoring differential in those games. According to the argument you've been making, the offense should have struggled in those games, because he was limited and there isn't adequate talent otherwise. It didn't happen.

Once again, Adams not being the leading receiver in yards is a strange metric to analyze the offense's performance.

Just take a look at the Bucs game. While he was the leading receiver there's no doubt Tampa was able to limit his impact and the offense struggled mightily.

In addition in three of the four games Adams actually played the entire game in which he wasn't the leading receiver the offense wasn't able to put up 25 points against the 18th, 28th and 31st ranked scoring defense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe McVay hired an offensive coordinator that wants to run a completely different scheme than him? It's more realistic to conclude that having talented receivers in Kupp, Woods and Watkins on the roster resulted in MLF mainly using 11 personnel that season.

Once again, Adams not being the leading receiver in yards is a strange metric to analyze the offense's performance.

Just take a look at the Bucs game. While he was the leading receiver there's no doubt Tampa was able to limit his impact and the offense struggled mightily.

In addition in three of the four games Adams actually played the entire game in which he wasn't the leading receiver the offense wasn't able to put up 25 points against the 18th, 28th and 31st ranked scoring defense.

McVay and LaFleur come out of the same basic "tree" of offensive system. But the clear indicator is that, within that scheme, McVay likes to use 11 personnel more than LaFleur does. LaFleur tends more towards the Shanahan iteration of the offense, which uses more 12, 21, 22, and 13 than McVay has.

Games is which Adams isn't the leading receiver seems like a more reasonable, objective criteria than "games chosen because they fit the narrative."

I recall the Bucs game. The problem was that turnovers spotted TB two touchdowns, and the offensive line got destroyed. Protection did not allow for us to see whether the WR's were up to it or not.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Adults should be able to figure it out without ignoring a poster.

The moderators here for the most part do an excellent job of curtailing trolls. Ignoring someone bc you don’t like their opinions? That’s weak sauce. It should be okay to disagree and move on with your life!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Adults should be able to figure it out without ignoring a poster.

The moderators here for the most part do an excellent job of curtailing trolls. Ignoring someone bc you don’t like their opinions? That’s weak sauce. It should be okay to disagree and move on with your life!
If your at a party, and some one you never got along with, you always argue, sits by you

do you try to be civil and strike up a convo and hope it doesn’t end in a fight

sit there and not speak at all

get up and move away

same thing here.. it’s to avoid any conflict, it never ends well. Some people just need to avoid each other

it isn’t just disagreeing, its a personality conflict and it happens everywhere . Work, home, parties