1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Defense gets blame too...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Nov 6, 2013.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +984
    As bad as Wallace looked at times the defense didn't fair much better. Giving up crucial 3rd downs and not getting off the field, piss poor tackling which i witnessed several times, no pass rush (go figure), and allowing the Bears to basically control the last 9 minutes of the game on offense. I swear Tramon williams makes me nervous now everytime i see a ball thrown his way, it's either a penalty or he's giving up a catch. Hawk has been solid this year but he can't cover to save his life smh...i don't recall him being so slow when he was at Ohio State. Why is MD Jennings still getting PT? why?? Sam shields has improved and is our best corner but he completely whiffed on a couple tackles that he should've made. Learn to tackle with your head up..we learn this in Pop Warner.

We are going to need these guy's to take it to another level while Rodgers is out, they really don't have a choice. Each guy is going to have to have to be the one who wants to make a play. It's time to start holding each other accountable because the season is not lost, we can win some games with the schedule we have but they can't be playing like they have a lead anymore. They have to approach each game like they are playing from behind and have to make stops for the offense. The word of the week should be TAKEAWAYS..that in reality ppl is whats going to give us the most chance to win. We HAVE to start creating turnovers plain and simple.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Defense had been better this year but they definately took a step back against the bears (always seems to happen against backup QB's). Not sure if they were deflated by Rodgers or what, but they need to pick up the slack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Time of possession. When the offense isn't sustaining drives, any defense gets tired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +984
    Even more of a reason they shoulda stepped it up.

5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +984
    True as well... but there were times the defense gave up chunk yds on 3rd down. They're bad.

6. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    OK, sure.:rolleyes:

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +984
    am i incorrect? the offense didn't help them you are exactly right..but the defense stunk to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    A pass rush always makes the secondary look better. Daniels had been getting some pressure but was pretty silent against the Bears. No one stepped up Monday night. We really need Matthews and Perry back in there.

• Agree Agree x 2