Dallas Cowboys Studs & Duds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had a good run. I've said before, we need to clean house. Once, our steadiness and consistency year after year helped us win. We were not constantly changing QBs, coaches, schemes. That makes it easier to win. At the same time, the rest of the league, struggled with change and they have figured out what we've been doing. The ship is sinking. It can't be patched. Let er go. Housecleaning from head to toe is what we need.
It's a good thing were playing the Bears in 4 days. We have a chance to win.

Shouldn't the season actually be over first before we call for any massive changes?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Shouldn't the season actually be over first before we call for any massive changes?
Fans can call for changes whenever they want. It doesn't matter, so the timing is irrelevant.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe some see it that way. I've posted my frustration last year about our team in the same way. It's worse this year. I don't want to waste another year with greatness like Rogers and Mathews. Just how I see it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I actually thought to myself at the time that MM shouldn't be using timeouts as it might give the Cowboys a chance to score.

But, then I thought that fearing that the Cowboys will drive 97 yards for a TD is silly. Our defense would have to fall flat on their butts, which is very unlikely to occur,no?

Logic would say that a defense should be able to stop a team at their own 3 and force a punt in that situation. But, this isn't the first time we have seen MM use timeouts after a decent gain on first and/or second down by a team he just assumes will lay down and punt and that team ends up scoring. Maybe his thought process centers around what he would do in that situation on offense....."play it safe and don't turn the ball over".

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe some see it that way. I've posted my frustration last year about our team in the same way. It's worse this year. I don't want to waste another year with greatness like Rogers and Mathews. Just how I see it.

Rodgers isn't really showing any greatness this year to waste though....

He's as much a part of the team struggling as anyone

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't really showing any greatness this year to waste though....

He's as much a part of the team struggling as anyone
You are correct. Thanks for adding that thought.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud Oline Crosby

Duds
Rodgers is he fading? Its not been good since 2 seasons ago.
MM game plan.

I am truly concerned about this season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll make this as simple as possible.

Studs: The Dallas Cowboys.
Duds: The Green Bay Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Duds: Gunter. He is not NFL quality. Capers for not giving this player some help when it became obvious Gunter was over his head.

Gunter isn't capable of being the #1 cornerback on the team but was forced into that role because of injuries last season. He's finecwhen getti g safety help over the top though.

Studs:
  1. The offensive line: Great protection all day long. Rodgers had all the time in the world to find an open receiver
It's true Rodgers hasn't been under pressure a lot lately but part of the reason being that defensive coordinators aren't concerned about pressuring the Packers quarterback anymore as long as the defense can cover with seven or eight. Opponents rather want to keep him in the pocket than abandon their rushing lanes and give him escape routes.

How bad was the Adams injury?

Adams has been evaluated for a concussion, no information about the results available though.

Exactly. We run for it on 90% of all 1st down n 10s.

The Packers run the ball on 53.6% of the first downs.

Rodgers hasn't been elite for about 18 games now. He currently rates as "pretty good" but not elite.

Rodgers hasn't played pretty good for most of this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
then maybe the greatness should start playing like it? They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone else see Cole Beasley rubbing salt in the wound after his last TD? Would have been cool to see him get pegged in the head with a beer bottle at that point. I wonder if he won't be seeing a fine this week?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
anyone else see Cole Beasley rubbing salt in the wound after his last TD? Would have been cool to see him get pegged in the head with a beer bottle at that point. I wonder if he won't be seeing a fine this week?

While I'm not a big fan of players doing that crap, I doubt he gets fined. Nothing new from Beasley either:

http://deadspin.com/cowboys-wr-cole-beasley-to-angry-dallas-fan-eat-a-dic-1656627072

The NFL may want to look into fining the Packers for the garbage they put on the field yesterday. :coffee:

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense has had issues since Bennett became OC, move him back to a receivers or running back coach and get someone else.
Sure would be nice to have Casey Hayward and Davon House.
Would have been nice to pick up Forte in the off season...

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Forte is a great back. It seems though that the Bears have at least one good replacement. Howard is running well.

D

Deleted member 6794

The offense has had issues since Bennett became OC, move him back to a receivers or running back coach and get someone else.

Most coaches don't accept to be demoted within an organization. In addition there's Tom Clements ahead of Bennett for some reason as well. In my opinion the Packers offensive coaching hierarchy needs an overhaul.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Lacy: played hurt, made some great individual plays, protected the football.
Crosby: perfect on the day.
Montgomery: excellent day of receiving, fumbled when used as a fullback. That's more on McCarthy than Monty.
Schum: one punt, perfectly executed.
Pass protection: once again, Rodgers had all day to throw.

Duds:

Rodgers: I defended him during his slump, but this game wasn't just dropped passes and blown routes (though there were some of those.) It was inaccurate throws, ill-timed throws and flat out bad decisions. Bench him. Yes, I'm serious. He is now a below average quarterback and Hundley could do at least as well; possibly far better. Either Aaron's physical skills are diminishing rapidly or his head is messed up. Bench him for a game and see if he can get his head together.

McCarthy: clock mismanagement (again) lack of creativity (again) misuse of available talent (again). Special call out on the quarterback draw play with first and goal that resulted in fumble. That was really stupid. A roll out with the option for Rodgers to run it in? Fine. A called QB draw in a five wide set? I knew what was coming when they lined up and so did Dallas.

Jordy: drops kill drives
R.Rodgers: pretty useless
Gunter: giving up two terrible plays to allow the late first half TD -- inexcusable.

Ted Thompson: Maybe it would be good to have a backup running back on the game day roster? Especially when you know your number one is banged up? Maybe it would be good to find a decent cornerback when your number one goes down with his fifth concussion? Maybe instead of carrying seven receivers in an allegedly 'run first' offense you might want to have more runners?

McCarthy again: do you remember the concept of the West Coast Offense? Short passes, hitting the running back out of the backfield in the flat, move the chains. Lots of short, high percentage passes eventually set up the long ball.

Rodgers again: once the long pass has been set up and your receiver beats the coverage you need to deliver the ball on target. At least once in a while.

Team: remember when the Green Bay Packers were practically invulnerable at Lambeau Field?

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers: I defended him during his slump, but this game wasn't just dropped passes and blown routes (though there were some of those.) It was inaccurate throws, ill-timed throws and flat out bad decisions. Bench him. Yes, I'm serious. He is now a below average quarterback and Hundley could do at least as well; possibly far better. Either Aaron's physical skills are diminishing rapidly or his head is messed up. Bench him for a game and see if he can get his head together.

McCarthy: clock mismanagement (again) lack of creativity (again) misuse of available talent (again). Special call out on the quarterback draw play with first and goal that resulted in fumble. That was really stupid. A roll out with the option for Rodgers to run it in? Fine. A called QB draw in a five wide set? I knew what was coming when they lined up and so did Dallas.

There's no doubt it was a terrible choice but it's possible Rodgers changed the play to a quarterback draw at the LOS. While I agree the quarterback is struggling but there's no reason to bench him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's no doubt it was a terrible choice but it's possible Rodgers changed the play to a quarterback draw at the LOS. While I agree the quarterback is struggling but there's no reason to bench him.

Oh there are "reasons" to bench him ;) But I think you are right, it isn't happening. Short week, banged up Lacy and nothing....absolutely fricking nothing behind him (insert steam pouring out of my head).

All that said, can you imagine the look on the crowds faces Thursday night if nothing before the game was said and Hundley trotted out onto the field for the opening series?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Ty Mongomery - kind of makes you wonder why he hasn't played more often this year
O-Line - Rodgers had all day

Duds:
Rest of team - Rodgers was bad but he wasn't the only reason this offense stinks. Front seven was exposed by a good running team. Did Clay play? Secondary could not have been worse.
MM - seriously can we try some new plays. The same tired offensive game plan every week.
TT - great move having 1 active RB this week

Not really anything positive to take away from this game

Status
Not open for further replies.