Dallas Cowboys Studs & Duds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blah. I quit playing fantasy football for the first time in a decade this season.

I thought "I'm just not enjoying watching football anymore, and it's bc I'm too focused on fantasy and not as excited about just being a packers fan".

Looks like I was wrong. I'm not enjoying watching anymore bc this:

It is absolutely painful watching this team week in and out at this point.

Even when we win I feel sick about this team.

Everyone gets a dud today. After this season ends, I seriously believe office, coaching, scout, and personnel moves need adressed.

Reaction score
This team was terrible today. Everybody was a dud.

The only thing is they will trash the Bears on Thursday and everybody will think they're back and they won't be. They'll be far from it. This team has no heart.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
  1. The offensive line: Great protection all day long. Rodgers had all the time in the world to find an open receiver.
  2. Ty Montgomery: Finally had his coming out party
  3. Trevor Davis: Excellent special teams
Duds:
  1. Everybody not listed above

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. That play alone pissed me off. Lacy was playing well, but the Packer coach called empty backfield which allowed the def line the freedom to pure rush the QB. Odds of a fumble are increased and the Packers paid the price. That play was a huge swing in momentum.

Studs: Lacy and Montgomery.

Duds: Gunter. He is not NFL quality. Capers for not giving this player some help when it became obvious Gunter was over his head

Super duds: McCarthy, A Rodgers.
not that i'm excusing the call, but they were in a hurry up weren't they? Lacy was on the sidelines before that. Was it MM that called the play, Rodgers? and trying to keep the defensive personnel on the field has it's pro's and cons. They were moving the ball, but a con is you can't substitute and when you're down there, why you don't have your RB in the game and instead have Rodgers go on a called run? Or maybe it wasn't called?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Getting hard to be optimistic, but we were 6-0 last year and look how things changed. Hopefully we can turn some things around...but at this point it doesn't seem likely since it's been almost a calendar year that Rodgers/offense has struggled.

Studs:
Lacy for playing well injured
O-line for still giving Rodgers like 5 seconds a handful of times.

Duds:
Rodgers for like the second time this year..wow
Defense - I think they've been the better unit this year, but they didn't show up today. Also see next dud.
Injuries - Seem like yet again the Packers are fighting the injury bug. Yes every team has injuries but our top 3 corners? how many teams top 3 corners are injured?
Timing of the Thursday night game - I'm honestly a bit scared that this game is coming at just the right time for the bears. Struggling Rodgers and injured team.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As one of the few people here old enough to remember it, what we are seeing is deja vu all over again. Green Bay Packers, late 1970's.
Then: had offensive firepower but always seemed to be messing up. Today: ditto. Then: multiple injuries all the time. Today: ditto. Then: defense that is very much in over their heads. Today: ditto.
I was at an exhibition game in Green Bay in the Bart Starr coaching era when the fans were so fed up with the Packers ineptitude that they started cheering for Denver.

Then: Starr claimed he didn't hear it. Today: McCarthy: "we have to go back to the drawing board."

I wonder if the modern fan is willing to put up with 20 years of ineptitude.

I remember the Denver game you're talking about. Also, the "modern fan" will nust flip on Madden and check their fantasy team's standings. They won't recognize ineptitude.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
  1. The offensive line: Great protection all day long. Rodgers had all the time in the world to find an open receiver.
  2. Mike Montgomery: Finally had his coming out party
  3. Trevor Davis: Excellent special teams
Duds:
  1. Everybody not listed above

Mike Montgomery must have been a ghost because I didn't even see him on the field today.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
not that i'm excusing the call, but they were in a hurry up weren't they? Lacy was on the sidelines before that. Was it MM that called the play, Rodgers? and trying to keep the defensive personnel on the field has it's pro's and cons. They were moving the ball, but a con is you can't substitute and when you're down there, why you don't have your RB in the game and instead have Rodgers go on a called run? Or maybe it wasn't called?

Good point. That is possible. But, maybe when your team has a first down inside the 2 yard line, it is time to stop the hurry up and go with a more suitable line up. Odds are good to be able to pound the ball in. 5 wide is not that effective that close to the end zone.

Reaction score
Good point. That is possible. But, maybe when your team has a first down inside the 2 yard line, it is time to stop the hurry up and go with a more suitable line up. Odds are good to be able to pound the ball in. 5 wide is not that effective that close to the end zone.
Where was the FB at the 2 yard line? We finally need 2 yards and we try getting fancy? Kuhn would've punched that in and also ran over that DB on 4th and 1

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Why dident they hand it off to Ripkaoski near the goal line instead of doing what they did. If they are not going to use him why bother keeping a FB then?

Reaction score
Why dident they hand it off to Ripkaoski near the goal line instead of doing what they did. If they are not going to use him why bother keeping a FB then?
Exactly. We run for it on 90% of all 1st down n 10s. Then it's finally 1st and 2 and we pass?

Packer4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to this forum. Mainly because I was looking for somewhere to vent my frustrations with this organization. The whole system is stale IMO. From the top down. So predictable and underachieving. I've been on the fire Capers bandwagon for years. I'm now adding McCarthy to the hit list, too. It's time to clean house, before our studs are too old.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: Monty, Crosby, Burnett
Duds:Arod: He needs to do some soul searching
Jordy: He has lost not just a step but a few steps, Hes playing scared now.
MM:I think his time is up, he has hit his ceiling 2 years ago. Its the same thing every game now. Even in our victories there is question like the team could have done way better. When will this guy learn how to in game adapt?
TT: He knew eddie was hurt, he knew starks wasnt going to play, why not get a RB??
Gunter: Wow he is bad all the way around, hes technique is terrible, he cant tackle and he is slow as hell.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had a good run. I've said before, we need to clean house. Once, our steadiness and consistency year after year helped us win. We were not constantly changing QBs, coaches, schemes. That makes it easier to win. At the same time, the rest of the league, struggled with change and they have figured out what we've been doing. The ship is sinking. It can't be patched. Let er go. Housecleaning from head to toe is what we need.
It's a good thing were playing the Bears in 4 days. We have a chance to win.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Here is someone just happy not to be listed as a dud again: Schaum. He's probably happy that everyone is screaming at Rodgers and the D rather than him this week.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ok pink liquid is kicking in
Studs: (money Mason), (Eddie the bull Lacy)
Duds: A-rod, A-rod, Offense, Defense, MM, Front office(a running back please)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud (not mentioned yet): Jacob Schum. 1 Punt! Yes, only 1 punt all day and he boots it 47 yards and pins the Cowboys on the 3 yard line to seemingly end the first half so the Packers can go in and regroup only down 10-6. Oh wait, MM decides to burn 2 timeouts and give the Cowboys life. They drive 97 yards effortlessly.

Tip to Mike....use the timeouts only if your defense stops them for very little gain on first and second down.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Tip to Mike....use the timeouts only if your defense stops them for very little gain on first and second down.

I actually thought to myself at the time that MM shouldn't be using timeouts as it might give the Cowboys a chance to score.

But, then I thought that fearing that the Cowboys will drive 97 yards for a TD is silly. Our defense would have to fall flat on their butts, which is very unlikely to occur,no?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is someone just happy not to be listed as a dud again: Schaum. He's probably happy that everyone is screaming at Rodgers and the D rather than him this week.

There's no reason to scream at him even if the rest of the team was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts