Dallas Cowboys Studs & Duds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schaum. He's probably happy that everyone is screaming at Rodgers and the D rather than him this week.[/QUOTE]

47 yard average, 100% of his kicks inside the 10. Zero return yards allowed. The wait is over baby, he has arrived.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers run the ball on 53.6% of the first downs.

how are we supposed to have a proper discussion if you insist on confusing the issue with facts. I do believe his point was that we should be throwing the ball on 90% of our first downs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Did you copy and paste this from the Josh Sitton / Lane Taylor thread and change the names?

Just because it worked once at a position less complex than quarterback doesn't guarantee it would happen again.

In my opinion it's mind-boggling how many posters around here are ready to move on from the all-time leader in passer rating to start a guy who hasn't thrown a single pass in a meaningful game in his career.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously though. There was no hiding the fact that Rodgers was terrible, he had so much time in the pocket and still couldn't perform.
I've said it before and I'll standby it, I like the Packers as a team and a franchise but on Sunday you looked worse than I've seen you for years

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seriously though. There was no hiding the fact that Rodgers was terrible, he had so much time in the pocket and still couldn't perform.
I've said it before and I'll standby it, I like the Packers as a team and a franchise but on Sunday you looked worse than I've seen you for years

pssssst......That wasn't the Packers playing.....they are all on hiatus in Hawaii, resting up for the SuperBowl. We have been secretly playing Cleveland Browns backups.

BTW, some of us are beginning to prepare for a potential long season...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will agree for the most part... but did you see the game we "played" in Denver last year. :eek:

H

HardRightEdge

There's something I find myself recommending once or twice per year, such as after the Denver game last season:

Burn the tape.

Reaction score
I think every game is a learning opportunity. The glaring defect this week was
FOUR PACKER TURNOVERS

There isn't a team in this league that can afford 1 turnover per quarter

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not likely that Hundley is able to perform better than Rodgers though. For crying out loud he has never even thrown a pass in a regular season game.

In addition you completely ignore the repercussions a move like that might result in.
Agreed, Rodgers is an unbelievable talent that is in a slump for probably a few things that can be fixed. I like Brett but he ain't no AR at this point, even with AR struggling.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think every game is a learning opportunity. The glaring defect this week was
FOUR PACKER TURNOVERS

There isn't a team in this league that can afford 1 turnover per quarter

It's pretty hard to sift anything that glitters out of last Sunday's game but if you showed the game stats to someone who didn't know the score they might think this was a pretty close game.

The Packers were only 28 yards from their second straight 400 yd. offensive showing and just 6 from a 300 yd. passing game.

Despite being dominated by Dallas' rushing attack they still ended up with a 20 second advantage in total time of possession.

They matched the Cowboys in first downs and held the league's leading third down conversion team to 3 of 11.

Had Aaron Rodgers not fumbled when they were at the Dallas 5 yd. line in the third quarter and missed an open Randall Cobb in the end zone in the fourth the Packers could have had 11-14 more points, or 27-30 for the game.

Maybe they still would have lost but 30-27 is a lot more palatable than 30-16.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610160gnb.htm

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to sift anything that glitters out of last Sunday's game but if you showed the game stats to someone who didn't know the score they might think this was a pretty close game.

The Packers were only 28 yards from their second straight 400 yd. offensive showing and just 6 from a 300 yd. passing game.

Despite being dominated by Dallas' rushing attack they still ended up with a 20 second advantage in total time of possession.

They matched the Cowboys in first downs and held the league's leading third down conversion team to 3 of 11.

Had Aaron Rodgers not fumbled when they were at the Dallas 5 yd. line in the third quarter and missed an open Randall Cobb in the end zone in the fourth the Packers could have had 11-14 more points, or 27-30 for the game.

Maybe they still would have lost but 30-27 is a lot more palatable than 30-16.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610160gnb.htm

This is validation of the old saying "statistics are for losers'.
That game was a straight up butt kicking from start to finish, stats or no stats.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone mentioned having Favre at games is a jinx....I really didn't think much of it until I saw this....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts