Dallas Cowboys Studs & Duds

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but that doesn't change the fact that Clements and Bennett are ahead of the positional coaches in the herarchy as well.
If you were the offensive coordinator, wouldn't you feel unappreciated and a little insulted if play calling was stripped from your responsibilities?

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt it was a terrible choice but it's possible Rodgers changed the play to a quarterback draw at the LOS. While I agree the quarterback is struggling but there's no reason to bench him.

The reason to bench a quarterback is exactly 'because he is struggling.' Rodgers got far outplayed by a rookie yesterday. At home.

Reaction score
Studs: Monty (other than late fumble.. I think trying to do too much at that point)
Randall Cobb.. to be as sore as I can imagine coming out of last week this guy is tough very tough.
Spriggs. Bulaga left and I can't say he did great but he didn't do bad I didn't see much of a difference in protection.

Duds: the obvious Aa-Rod. The guy is a ghost of himself. Looks like Cutler to me out there it's embarrassing.
Jordy: dissapointed with the fundamentals errors that I never saw before.
Defense: the run defense is not what we all made of it. They are good but not as good as Dallas line and rushing attack. And boy do we need our corners to stop getting banged up. For the first time I saw Gunter very lost when I thought he should have been matched up well against Williams or Butler bigger guys. I also thought they would let Hyde follow Beasley as much as Dak loves him but they didn't and he killed Gunter when he was on him just too quick. I hate that Hawkins pretty much didn't play from what I saw. Goodson gets brought back and Hawkins is gone.

The biggest Dud to me is those fake Packer fans at Lambeau. They booed insecently which is a joke. I as everyone else was very frustrated but I believe in this team and I'll be back Thursday to root them on. If you are there for the highs you need to be there for the lows. Leave the booing for the Browns. I don't believe the booing helps anything but the other team. Hearing boos roaring from the TV after every run or short pass in the fourth quarter was terribly embarrassing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The biggest Dud to me is those fake Packer fans at Lambeau. They booed insecently which is a joke. I as everyone else was very frustrated but I believe in this team and I'll be back Thursday to root them on. If you are there for the highs you need to be there for the lows. Leave the booing for the Browns. I don't believe the booing helps anything but the other team. Hearing boos roaring from the TV after every run or short pass in the fourth quarter was terribly embarrassing.

"Leave the Booing for the Browns" kind of contradicts your whole statement.

While I wasn't there for the game, I was booing at home. Trust me I am not a "Fake Packer fan". I have been a Packer fan all my life and have never missed a game (in person or on TV), nor have I ever turned one off. I am there for the highs and I cheer loudly for those, but you are saying that I can't express myself in an appropriate matter for the lows?

This isn't little league, where you are dealing with the fragile minds of kids. Fans at Lambeau last night, paid outrageous ticket prices, they buy the right to literally voice their opinions. If the Millionaires in Green and Gold can't stand criticism in the form of boos, then they shouldn't have signed up for the profession that they are in.

At what point will you, as a Packer fan start booing? When they become as bad as The Browns?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

If you were the offensive coordinator, wouldn't you feel unappreciated and a little insulted if play calling was stripped from your responsibilities?

Clements was terrible as the player caller last season therefore it was the right decision to replace him. The Packers shouldn't have retained him for this season though.

The reason to bench a quarterback is exactly 'because he is struggling.' Rodgers got far outplayed by a rookie yesterday. At home.

Rodgers has played on an elite level for most of his career as a starter with the Packers, he deserves a chance to get out of this slump without being benched.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to say I'm really impressed with Lane Taylor thus far. Definitely deserves a contract. Also was thinking how difficult it will be to resign Taylor, Lang, and Tretter! Anyone else agtee?

D

Deleted member 6794

Have to say I'm really impressed with Lane Taylor thus far. Definitely deserves a contract. Also was thinking how difficult it will be to resign Taylor, Lang, and Tretter! Anyone else agtee?

Taylor is under contract through the 2017 season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can be displeased without booing. I thinks it's a bit garbage when you have Lacy out there, obviously hurt, but still going and being pretty effective, have a short gain and fans a booing.

That'll make want run harder. It's mob mentality and one weak mind that can't just be disappointed just has to let out his mounting feelings in a way that has absolutely zero positive influence on a situation and the rest fall inline.

They had a bad game, but a lot of those guys are out there battling play in and play out. You think the fans in the stands could understand and accept the struggle, and still have their teams back.

Boo a bad call, boo a late hit,boo Beasley rubbing salt in the wound, but boo your own team who is still 3-2 btw? Weak minded individuals not in control was all that was. What's worse is they'll defend it to the end too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can be displeased without booing. I thinks it's a bit garbage when you have Lacy out there, obviously hurt, but still going and being pretty effective, have a short gain and fans a booing.

I think Eddie Lacy knew fans weren't booing him, most of us were booing MM for calling a running play, with a wounded RB in that situation. It was pretty obvious that Eddie was struggling to run hard after about the first half, for MM to hand him the ball down by 11 points with time at a premium, told me that MM was fresh out of ideas and he had all but thrown in the white flag, he deserved the boos....IMO.

BTW, I respect the right for fans not to boo, but I also respect the right for them to express themselves in a civil matter. While booing may not be liked by some, it has historically been a form to show ones displeasure.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they're lining up 8 guys in coverage, you have to be able to run the ball, 2-3 of those that go fir 10 yards or more happen in those situations and are as good as any pass.

The fans in the stands seem to have no idea what's going on anymore. Smartest fans in the league? Only because the bar is t set very high

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they're lining up 8 guys in coverage, you have to be able to run the ball, 2-3 of those that go fir 10 yards or more happen in those situations and are as good as any pass.

The fans in the stands seem to have no idea what's going on anymore. Smartest fans in the league? Only because the bar is t set very high

I somewhat get that call to hand it off you to your RB to keep the Defense honest, if your RB is Ezekiel Elliott. But not a back that can barely make a cut on his bad ankle nor able to drive defenders which is his bread and butter. Had MM or been watching closely, Lacy was not finishing his runs prior to that.

But we digress, good call, bad call, doesn't really matter in my opinion, if you pay for a ticket, you have the right to express yourself by cheering or booing. Calling one guy an idiot for booing all by himself because he doesn't understand football, sure I get that, but calling 40,000 people idiots, well....ok.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't call anyone an idiot, I think it's the sign of a weak mind. A loss of control. The players were playing hard. Most of them. A lot didn't go out way, and the players were mostly responsible for that, but by and large being 3-2 even after a bad game isn't reason to bail on your team and players that are out there battling for your enjoyment. Of course buying a ticket gives you the right, it's still petty and pretty much worthless

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I didn't call anyone an idiot, I think it's the sign of a weak mind.

think you implied it, but ok, sign of a weak mind.

by and large being 3-2 even after a bad game isn't reason to bail on your team and players that are out there battling for your enjoyment. Of course buying a ticket gives you the right, it's still petty and pretty much worthless

They are doing more then battling for my enjoyment, they are being paid good money for what they are doing. Something most of them claim is fun.

I for one am not bailing and not quite sure how booing is bailing on your team. If you want a stand full of Little Miss Mary Sunshines, who only applaud when something wonderful happens, I think you would be asking for a group of programmed emotionless fans, this isn't the opera. Call booing petty or worthless, but its the way some express their displeasure. Posting here, sending the Packer organization an email/letter or leaving a phone message sure isn't going to accomplish that.

Should coaches show their displeasure with players when they make a mistake? Or just a pat on the rear, "we will get em' next time Tiger"?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaches have a direct impact on the game, a fan booing does not. And I didn't imply anyone was an idiot. anyone can have a moment of weakness or loss of control. True that some situations and ones propensity to lose that control probably will influence their idiot status, it by itself doesn't however.

I have as much displeasure as anyone watching some of these games, and I've even yelled at the tv a time or two. WTF is a common phrase, a loss of control on my part, in a situation where I literally have zero impact on any outcome.

But those generally sound like a collective groan from the fans as opposed to boos, which are used to signify and point blame for their displeasure. It has nothing to do with emotionless opera patrons. Or asking everyone to be a Mary sunshine or whoever.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Of course buying a ticket gives you the right

BTW, I would be the first to high five you in the stands after a great play, we just have a different perspective on what booing means to each of us and that is cool.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Coaches have a direct impact on the game, a fan booing does not.

A coach getting into the ear hole of a player is only effective, if the player respects the coach. Even then, the result of being "yelled at" isn't always a positive one.

I doubt fans (me included) think they will have an impact on a game by booing. What they are doing is collectively sharing their frustrations about something with fellow fans. Whether that impacts the team/player/coach in a positive/negative way or not at all, could probably be debated. But it makes the fan who paid to watch, feel like they have voiced their emotions. Same as you yelling WTF, you weren't happy with something that happened and you wanted to voice it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, I would be the first to high five you in the stands after a great play, we just have a different perspective on what booing means to each of us and that is cool.
We must, booing to me has always meant more than just displeasure. It was usually reserved for opposition and bad calls. Never something for your own team, unless of course you felt the team has quit and bailed on you.

I'm disappointed, I can see that most of them are too. They're frustrated, I can see it. I'd rather they know I'm right there with them, than against them. Now if we're losing because Rodgers is tossing into and then stepping aside so they can walk into the end one for a pick six. Or players are doing things and being reckless that shows they just do t care about the game anymore, then go ahead and let them have it.

I've seen some pretty poor play recently, groans from the crowd are expected. I have not seen this team quit caring or quit playing.

But i suppose we never celebrated every single play we made either. Tds yeah, a crushing defensive hit, maybe. A win, of course, but now every tackle, incomplete pass, caught pass etc is treated like a game winner, it shouldn't surprise me that booing isn't considered anything more than anything else. Everything is epic generation :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You are correct, the level of "boo worthy" is subjective. But Boo birds have been around for as long as I can remember. Booing anything deemed boo worthy, including their own team. I think last nights booing wasn't just for that one moment, but a release of collective frustration that has been building up for over a year now in Packer fans. I would like to think that it was the last booing we will hear at Lambeau for a long time, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers having a second running back on the roster, capable of replacing a banged up Lacy, would have significantly increased the chances of that play being successful.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers having a second running back on the roster, capable of replacing a banged up Lacy, would have significantly increased the chances of that play being successful.
It would have. We need one. People were upset we cut a 3rd string QB to make room for 2 guys already with the team and at positions of need. I don't know who's getting moved next.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know how good Jackson would have been last night, but I would have much rather have had him on the field or at least as an option, over Goodson.

Unless there is someone going on the IR, we may have seen the last of Abby, if the Packers feel the need for 1 healthy RB on the 53.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know how good Jackson would have been last night, but I would have much rather have had him on the field or at least as an option, over Goodson.

The Packers finished the game with only three healthy cornerbsck so unfortunately Goodson was needed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers finished the game with only three healthy cornerbsck so unfortunately Goodson was needed.
Hind site, yes. But, I think they would have been fine without Goodson, especially given the way he played. Montgomery had some limited success running, but I don't see using him and Cobb as a solution to the depth issue at the position.

But they very well could have called Jackson up and if he looked like crap and Goodson isn't suited up, people would be pointing to that as a stupid move as well.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clements was terrible as the player caller last season therefore it was the right decision to replace him. The Packers shouldn't have retained him for this season though.

Rodgers has played on an elite level for most of his career as a starter with the Packers, he deserves a chance to get out of this slump without being benched.

How many more bad games would you allow him? One? Five? Ten? Fifty?

You bench a guy if you can bring in somebody who is likely to play better. Rodgers is performing at a below average level versus the league -- not just below his own standards. An average NFL QB performance yesterday would have at least kept us in the game.

Can Hundley play better? I'd like to find out. I'm a huge Rodgers fan. But you don't play based on what you used to do. You play based on what you can do right now and in the future.

D

Deleted member 6794

You bench a guy if you can bring in somebody who is likely to play better.

Can Hundley play better? I'd like to find out.

It's not likely that Hundley is able to perform better than Rodgers though. For crying out loud he has never even thrown a pass in a regular season game.

In addition you completely ignore the repercussions a move like that might result in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts