D Droppal Paddlehands

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have access to credible information about drops (I don't trust Sporting Charts) but his catch rate dropped significantly last season to 61.2% down from 71.7% in 2014.

Once again, there's no doubt Adams has to be more consistent. Several receivers that turned out to be extremely productive for the Packers had similar problems early in their careers.

Picking the Patriots game from the 2014 season is a terrible example though as his six catches for 121 yards were one of the reasons the Packers won that game.
Yes, but dropping an easy pass in a clutch moment is concerning. If he were a deep threat or a consistent mismatch, I could deal with drops. But for a guy who averages 9 yards per catch, he better catch everything in sight.

The other Packers receivers made enough plays downfield to be more optimistic about their development, and their target to catch ratio was better.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, but dropping an easy pass in a clutch moment is concerning. If he were a deep threat or a consistent mismatch, I could deal with drops. But for a guy who averages 9 yards per catch, he better catch everything in sight.

The other Packers receivers made enough plays downfield to be more optimistic about their development, and their target to catch ratio was better.

There's no doubt Adams has been way too inconsistent during his two years with the Packers so far. I just think that using one of his best games as evidence for him struggling because of one drop is a bad example.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt Adams has been way too inconsistent during his two years with the Packers so far. I just think that using one of his best games as evidence for him struggling because of one drop is a bad example.
I never used the game. I used that specific play. Since then, he's had a lot more easy drops than 100 yard games. I'd say I had a right to be pessimistic.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a mighty strong statement and, if true, then both McCarthy and Thompson must be truly terrible at their jobs if they're intentionally hurting the team with Adams.

Adams has already dropped a pass that hit him in the hands which would have been a big gain. Instead we're punting. He also dropped a possible TD earlier. HE SUCKS!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems no matter the play, I'm always left thinking WTF or HTF did he catch that. The potential is there. If he gets consistent, look out.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the problem with paddlehands is that he cant be consistent. the 40 yard bomb hit him right in the palms. the td pass was all AR.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the problem with paddlehands is that he cant be consistent. the 40 yard bomb hit him right in the palms. the td pass was all AR.
Actually both of those passes were great throws by AR, unfortunately Adams only caught one of them.... If this were an isolated incident, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but Adams history of drops makes each new one all the more obvious.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt Adams could have caught the first long throw by Rodgers but it was a tough one. Not even giving the receiver credit for the TD reception is ridiculous.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've been on Adam's back as much as anyone, but, while it was indeed a pinpoint throw, the TD was one heck of a catch.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has already dropped a pass that hit him in the hands which would have been a big gain. Instead we're punting. He also dropped a possible TD earlier. HE SUCKS!

Got it. Then you must believe that Thompson and offensive coaches are not very good or, I suppose, that Adams has compromising photos of all of them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that 40 yard bomb he dropped was disappointing, only because I expect him to be able to consistently make that play. That said, besides Jordy or Cobb (who also have dropped those types of passes) I don't see anyone on our team I have any confidence in making that type of catch consistently either. I like a lot of our guys, but it's not like they're making all these great catches that Adams is dropping either. He needs to get more consistent, no doubt, but to not give him any credit on that TD pass? That was a tough, tough catch. Probably going to be up for play of the week in week 1. He showed good strength and great concentration in catching that ball.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the same lame attempt at humor as the Paddle hands for Finley, the same Finley many were sorry to see get hurt? Limp humor is, well, limp. Adams, and any other athletes on our team are athletes that work hard to get here, may or may not accomplish what we would like to see, but get farther than we did, and work their arses of to get the chance.

I saw the same lame names for Finley and yet we have moaned about getting a replacement for him since he was hurt. Adams is very talented. And still young. And don't give up your day job.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the same lame attempt at humor as the Paddle hands for Finley, the same Finley many were sorry to see get hurt? Limp humor is, well, limp. Adams, and any other athletes on our team are athletes that work hard to get here, may or may not accomplish what we would like to see, but get farther than we did, and work their arses of to get the chance.

I saw the same lame names for Finley and yet we have moaned about getting a replacement for him since he was hurt. Adams is very talented. And still young. And don't give up your day job.
First.... I agree Adams is a talented receiver whom I am glad is on the team. Second... lighten up lol.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Imo, Adams is about as good of a #3 receiver that we could reasonably expect. Though he has shown inconsistency with his catches, his overall level of play and production is probably top 5 in the league in comparison with other #3 receivers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Imo, Adams is about as good of a #3 receiver that we could reasonably expect. Though he has shown inconsistency with his catches, his overall level of play and production is probably top 5 in the league in comparison with other #3 receivers.

I consider Adams the Packers #2 receiver. With that being said only four teams in the league feature two receivers that had more receiving yards and only three teams that had two WRs with more receptions than Adams.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DDP IS Julio Jones...but has occasional mystery magic ping pong paddles instead of hands. Packer fan in SD get the hell off my lawn! Damn kids....:eek:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb is healthy enough to play this Sunday, the NYPD will have a tough time if Green Bay runs it's four and five receiver sets. Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Geronimo, and either Cook at TE or Janis makes a formidable lineup of capable wide receivers. Even if we go 4-wide with Montgomery swinging out of the backfield, it will create matchup problems. Adams is not a #1 WR but he creates advantages due to our depth.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First.... I agree Adams is a talented receiver whom I am glad is on the team. Second... lighten up lol.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DDP IS Julio Jones...but has occasional mystery magic ping pong paddles instead of hands. Packer fan in SD get the hell off my lawn! Damn kids....:eek:

To paraphrase Buggybill, I believe (and apologize to you BB if I am wrong) I had a night of a couple of liquid libations and may have come off stronger than I meant. I get we sometimes are harsher critics of our team than those on the outside, and also can be more defensive of our team.

To the lighten up crowd, I love that movie and that line. TO the get off the lawn ones, yeah, I am guilty of that at times. Old and set in my ways.

But I think Adams is talented, but the job of any pro athlete is tough. I think we can play this game and win. But it is not a gimme.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Cobb is healthy enough to play this Sunday, the NYPD will have a tough time if Green Bay runs it's four and five receiver sets. Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Geronimo, and either Cook at TE or Janis makes a formidable lineup of capable wide receivers.

Cook will get significant more playing time than Janis, especially with the Giants struggling to cover tight ends.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is still ranked pretty low this year on PFF, though I'd like to know more about what put him in this position. I'm glad he went from being a joke to a highlight-reel receiver.

Members online

Latest posts