D Droppal Paddlehands

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about anyone who displays any degree of reliability?

So we're cutting every WR on the roster not named Jordy?

Adams was unreliable last year so boom he's gone.

Cobb was every bit as unreliable as Adams last year which is even worse cause hes supposed to be a #2 WR for us. Save the cap space and put him on the street.

Montgomery was hurt and can't even be relied on to make it on the field much less be relied upon to make a difference once there. Boom he's gone.

Abby we all know his injury concerns. Boom. Cut him loose.

Can you really rely on an undrafted rookie like Allison? No dice to him also

Janis keeps his roster spot though for STs play (sorry I just had too)

I guess I'm just saying is the Packers aren't exactly loaded with proven and reliable options at WR despite how the narrative tends to go about just how deap we are at that spot and figured I'd say it in jest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The solution for Adams isn't on the Packers at this time. As I said, After Cobb, Jordy and Cook, the receiving corp is a crap bag, including Adams.

I guess you have completely untealistic expectations when it comes to the fourth best receiving option on a team.

How about anyone who displays any degree of reliability?

Name a player either currently on the Packers roster or available as a free agent who would be an improvement over Adams.

Adams will be gone 2nd round of cuts. I can't fathom they keep Allison (They should) Abberderis (Getting better) and Janis (Special teams guy) along with Adams, Jordy and Cobb.

Do you suggest the Packers releasing Adams and Montgomery to keep Janis and Allison??? :rolleyes:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me Montgomery is very good as long as they don't send him real deep. Abredaris is very consistent. The rookie looks very interesting and I hope they give Geronimo a chance as I like his length a lot and he seems to have good hands. Rodgers looks like he shed pounds in the right places and may improve. Anyway, Cook looks great so far. Obviously Jordy is key but what number 1 w/o isn't? I believe we have a lot to work with. Not worried.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Abby get more balls thrown to him. The dude catches everything and is a good route runner. I want him to have more opportunities. I think he could be our Wes Welker type.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Abby get more balls thrown to him. The dude catches everything and is a good route runner. I want him to have more opportunities. I think he could be our Wes Welker type.

Honestly Abby with his route running reminds me of Gregg Jennings much more then Welker.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For us less-informed fans (honestly, not sarcastically), what does that mean?

I'm not sure if this is directed at me but I'd say he reminds me more of Jennings then Welker cause if he continues to refine his route running, much like Jennings did, then I wouldn't see a reason to pigeon hole him as a slot reciever

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was you - I try not to waste screen space by quoting if I'm referring to the last post. Also, again as not a real Xs and Os guy, I understand the slot receivers to be the smaller and probably slower guys, neither of which is going to change regardless of his route running.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was you - I try not to waste screen space by quoting if I'm referring to the last post. Also, again as not a real Xs and Os guy, I understand the slot receivers to be the smaller and probably slower guys, neither of which is going to change regardless of his route running.

Height and speed are pretty comparable between Jennings and Abby and considering Jennings was pretty damn good on the outside I wouldn't say it's physical limitations that will hold Abby back on the outside.

Slots guys are generally more change of direction or "shifty" guys if you will. Where as outside recievers you generally would prefer either big recievers to work the sideline or guys that stretch the defence deep. Knowing how to set up and run a route great definitely makes a huge difference in being able to do those things on the outside.

Really though it comes down to just how I view each players style that I made my opinion on the comparison. Welker, much like Cobb, was the prototypical slot reciever that thrives off their change of direction skills and overall "shiftyness"(bad phrase I know). Where as Abby, at least to my eye, has looked pretty similar to Jennings physically and neither gains or gained, in Jennings case, their separation from their change of direction skills but rather their route running abilities which do translate to the outside.

Mind you I'm not saying Abby will end up being a better outside reciever then a slot guy. Just that he reminds me more of Jennings then Welker

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb was every bit as unreliable as Adams last year which is even worse cause hes supposed to be a #2 WR for us. Save the cap space and put him on the street.
Cobb may have struggled because other teams could put all of the attention on him. Teams didn't have to worry about the other receivers, who could easily be covered one on one, and frequently dropped passes. Cobb has a track record, and he is a slot receiver. The Packers definitely have no one better than Cobb in the slot.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you have completely untealistic expectations when it comes to the fourth best receiving option on a team.
If my expectations are to catch the balls that hit them in the hands or get open once in awhile, then you are right.

D

Deleted member 6794

Abbrederis dropped some pretty easy balls last season as well.

Cobb may have struggled because other teams could put all of the attention on him. Teams didn't have to worry about the other receivers, who could easily be covered one on one, and frequently dropped passes. Cobb has a track record, and he is a slot receiver. The Packers definitely have no one better than Cobb in the slot.

The post you replied to was meant to be sarcastic.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Name a player either currently on the Packers roster or available as a free agent who would be an improvement over Adams.

Do you suggest the Packers releasing Adams and Montgomery to keep Janis and Allison??? :rolleyes:

No, because of the fact that he hasn't shown up much his rookie year or this pre-season I forgot Montgomery was on the team.

D

Deleted member 6794

No, because of the fact that he hasn't shown up much his rookie year or this pre-season I forgot Montgomery was on the team.

Do you realize Montgomery was injured for the last 12 games of last season??? Before that he was the third best receiver on the team behind Cobb and Jones.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But for 3/4 of last year he wasn't around i.e. DIDN'T SHOW UP! This year until last night did he have a catch?

H

HardRightEdge

Considering Nelson being healthy we could let Abby play outside while transitioning Mont, with his build, into slot and outside. Allison, with his height, and davis, with his speed, could both play outside.
I doubt Montgomery will ever be suited to playing outside in this system. In a ball control offense that valued a possession wide out, then maybe.

D

Deleted member 6794

But for 3/4 of last year he wasn't around i.e. DIDN'T SHOW UP! This year until last night did he have a catch?

Nelson didn't play a single game last season and didn't have a single catch during the preseason. Why not release him as well??? :rolleyes:

BTW Montgomery had a catch each in the first two games of the preseason.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you realize Montgomery was injured for the last 12 games of last season??? Before that he was the third best receiver on the team behind Cobb and Jones.

To be honest he might have been better than Cobb too. People love to say Adams was a disappointment last year while forgetting that Cobb was even more disappointing considering how much better he was expected to be.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True about Cobb. Don't remember where or how accurate this is (help me out here, CaptainWIMM), but I remember reading something about Cobb having the highest drop percentage in the league last year.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest he might have been better than Cobb too. People love to say Adams was a disappointment last year while forgetting that Cobb was even more disappointing considering how much better he was expected to be.
The expectations were too high for Cobb. He was the focus of the defense, and everyone should have known that wasn't going to end well for us.

I had no expectations for Adams, and I still thought he was terrible and disappointing. I know from the second he dropped the easy TD against NE that his hands were going to be an issue, as well as his lack of speed and physicality. But he managed to take things to a completely new level of bad in 2015.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we're cutting every WR on the roster not named Jordy?

Adams was unreliable last year so boom he's gone.

Montgomery was hurt and can't even be relied on to make it on the field much less be relied upon to make a difference once there. Boom he's gone.

Abby we all know his injury concerns. Boom. Cut him loose.

Can you really rely on an undrafted rookie like Allison? No dice to him also

Janis keeps his roster spot though for STs play (sorry I just had too)

I guess I'm just saying is the Packers aren't exactly loaded with proven and reliable options at WR despite how the narrative tends to go about just how deap we are at that spot and figured I'd say it in jest

Make whatever excuses you want but Adams' hands are terrible. THAT is the point here. Adams will continue to hurt this team more than he helps it.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True about Cobb. Don't remember where or how accurate this is (help me out here, CaptainWIMM), but I remember reading something about Cobb having the highest drop percentage in the league last year.

Not even close. Cobb's percentage was 4.7%. Out of guys who were targeted a minimum of 40 times, there were more than 60 WRs with a higher drop % than Cobb.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't have access to credible information about drops (I don't trust Sporting Charts) but his catch rate dropped significantly last season to 61.2% down from 71.7% in 2014.

I had no expectations for Adams, and I still thought he was terrible and disappointing. I know from the second he dropped the easy TD against NE that his hands were going to be an issue, as well as his lack of speed and physicality.

Once again, there's no doubt Adams has to be more consistent. Several receivers that turned out to be extremely productive for the Packers had similar problems early in their careers.

Picking the Patriots game from the 2014 season is a terrible example though as his six catches for 121 yards were one of the reasons the Packers won that game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make whatever excuses you want but Adams' hands are terrible. THAT is the point here. Adams will continue to hurt this team more than he helps it.

That's a mighty strong statement and, if true, then both McCarthy and Thompson must be truly terrible at their jobs if they're intentionally hurting the team with Adams.