D Droppal Paddlehands

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D Droppal is up to his old tricks....at what point do you as a offensive coordinator consider cutting a player due to this? Adams while physically gifted, is becoming a liability on offense due to his lack of production.

D

Deleted member 6794

D Droppal is up to his old tricks....at what point do you as a offensive coordinator consider cutting a player due to this? Adams while physically gifted, is becoming a liability on offense due to his lack of production.

Adams has to be more consistent for sure but he hasn't been the only receiver dropping balls during the preseason. There's no way the Packers release him.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that if he is not keeping pace just let him go so he can get his bearings on another team and let someone else take his spot to shine.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would put everything I own on the fact that they won't let him go I personally think he is gonna bounce back this yr and put solid numbers up specially with Nelson on the field too look for him to have a good yr calling it now

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that if he is not keeping pace just let him go so he can get his bearings on another team and let someone else take his spot to shine.

Well, tell me which wide receiver best suited to play on the outside are you thinking about replacing Adams in the starting lineup in that scenario???

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, tell me which wide receiver best suited to play on the outside are you thinking about replacing Adams in the starting lineup in that scenario???

Considering Nelson being healthy we could let Abby play outside while transitioning Mont, with his build, into slot and outside. Allison, with his height, and davis, with his speed, could both play outside.

D

Deleted member 6794

Considering Nelson being healthy we could let Abby play outside while transitioning Mont, with his build, into slot and outside. Allison, with his height, and davis, with his speed, could both play outside.

Abbrederis and Montgomery are best suited to play in the slot. Adams is currently a way better receiver than Davis and Allison.

It doesn't make any sense to release him.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is currently a way better receiver than Davis and Allison.

that's because he has more experience than these two. Not sure about Allison but I think Davis could be viable outside receiver. Given that it's his first year time will tell.

Now i'm not going to give up on Adams because I do want him to succeed as a Pack but the way things are going with him, we don't know for sure if it's mental or physical, but if he doesn't become consistent then it's time to cut him.

And yes, I know he won't be cut. Just food for thought about him being replaced with these rookies.

D

Deleted member 6794

that's because he has more experience than these two. Not sure about Allison but I think Davis could be viable outside receiver. Given that it's his first year time will tell.

Now i'm not going to give up on Adams because I do want him to succeed as a Pack but the way things are going with him, we don't know for sure if it's mental or physical, but if he doesn't become consistent then it's time to cut him.

Davis has had troubles making plays since the pads have come on in training camp. Currently Adams is the best option to start opposite of Nelson and therefore he will certainly make the team.

You don't want to give up on Adams??? You advocated for releasing him in one of your previous posts in this thread.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis has had troubles making plays since the pads have come on in training camp. Currently Adams is the best option to start opposite of Nelson and therefore he will certainly make the team.

You don't want to give up on Adams??? You advocated for releasing him in one of your previous posts in this thread.
Davis has been so so this preseason. Honestly I haven't seen the speed everyone was saying we drafted him for. But he's made some nice catches and will probably get an extended look vs KC. Adams no doubt makes the roster. But you can't help but be frustrated with his inconsistency. I don't believe there is too much dropoff between him and Abby. Fans say he's a big hit from being out, but he actually takes some vicious shots and still hops right up. I personally believe he is under rated and can see a breakout season for him this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davis has been so so this preseason. Honestly I haven't seen the speed everyone was saying we drafted him for. But he's made some nice catches and will probably get an extended look vs KC. Adams no doubt makes the roster. But you can't help but be frustrated with his inconsistency. I don't believe there is too much dropoff between him and Abby. Fans say he's a big hit from being out, but he actually takes some vicious shots and still hops right up. I personally believe he is under rated and can see a breakout season for him this year.

There's no doubt Adams inconsistency has been frustrating but he's more talented then the rest of the receivers battling for the starting spot opposite Nelson.

I expect Abbrederis to put up decent numbers this season as well but once again he's better suited to line up in the slot.

Davis hasn't done anything to justify a roster spot since the pads have come on but will most likely make the 53 because of being drafted.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis hasn't done anything to really show me he "needs" a roster spot let alone take over for Adams. He's missed a few good catches so far this year too. He's only a rookie, i'm not making any judgements, I think he'll get better. But he's not ready to take over for someone like Adams, even with his inconsistent play.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“It’s being there when the quarterback needs you and building that trust, I think that’s the most important thing to know they can count on you in situations like that.” --jared cook

never advocated! said i wouldn't be surprised if he got cut.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have we forgotten how James Jones came in for criticisms for his drops early in his career? He turned out okay.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am happy Jordy is coming back and Cobb will be better because of it and it looks like Cook is the real deal.Other than those mentioned, I still don't like this receiving corp. It looks like they are still having trouble getting separation and when the ball is delivered there are too many drops. No wonder Janis was getting so much attention, the rest of the receivers suck worse than Janis does at least he is a gamer.

I hope MM and TT make the right decisions when picking the receivers because if Jordy or Cobb get hurt we are pretty much left with crapola/journeymen/Jags/scrubbs.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
L
I am happy Jordy is coming back and Cobb will be better because of it and it looks like Cook is the real deal.Other than those mentioned, I still don't like this receiving corp. It looks like they are still having trouble getting separation and when the ball is delivered there are too many drops. No wonder Janis was getting so much attention, the rest of the receivers suck worse than Janis does at least he is a gamer.

I hope MM and TT make the right decisions when picking the receivers because if Jordy or Cobb get hurt we are pretty much left with crapola/journeymen/Jags/scrubbs.
It's a coaching issue. If just one receiver goes down, it shouldn't cause the #1 offense to become average.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis and Montgomery are best suited to play in the slot. Adams is currently a way better receiver than Davis and Allison.

It doesn't make any sense to release him.

No, it doesn't. But it sure makes a lot of sense to put him on the trading block. Adams may be better than Davis and Allison in some respects but none of that matters if you can't catch the stinking ball. Allison is one of those guys who simply catches everything thrown his way. He has terrific hands and he wins jump balls. He could be a fantastic red zone threat and all around WR. I'm far more impressed with him than Davis so far.

As it stands, I think this would be a great lineup:

Nelson
Cobb
Monty
Janis
Abbrederis
Allison

Put Davis on the PS and trade Adams.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're criminally mis remembering James Jones early in his career
I don't remember him at all that early, though I would have if he were as bad as Adams. He may be able to run all of the routes, but there's a 50/50 chance he'll drop any ball thrown beyond the LOS. He's a terribly inefficient target

Give me a receiver who may not be able to do an awesome dunk, but can catch a ball in traffic, on a slant, over the shoulder, or anything required of an NFL receiver.