CUTDOWN DAY 2019 -- the Turk cometh and taketh away the playbook

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im curious as to see what will happen to Campbell, really liked him when he was on the field for us.

H

HardRightEdge

That says a lot to me. If you look what happened to the Packers when Hundley took over and how bad Kizer looked behind center in his 62 snaps, I will take a QB like Hoyer any day for my #2. Of course the Great Bill Belichick must disagree with me or Jarrett Stidham is really THAT good, since cutting Hoyer, means Stidham is the Pats #2 QB.

Another thing lost in this is what the #2 QB can do for their team behind the scenes. Evidently Hoyer was the Patriots scout-team QB and praised for his ability to really know a lot about the upcoming opponents QB.
Belichick likes Stidham. That about covers that.

H

HardRightEdge

Is the Hoyer year the same when Pryor went off?
Which year? Which Pryor? Terrelle Pryor? "Went off?" You mean like got injured, played well, got really angry, or went crazy but not in a good way? ;)

I'm guessing you mean Terrelle and "went off" in a good way. That was 2016 in Cleveland. Hoyer was long gone, on the Bears roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Silverstein said:
PACKERS ANNOUNCE ROSTER MOVES

The Green Bay Packers have released the following players:

• G Dejon Allen
  • TE Evan Baylis
  • FB Tommy Bohanon
  • RB Tra Carson
  • G Anthony Coyle
  • T Gerhard de Beer
  • CB Kabion Ento
  • K Sam Ficken
  • LB James Folston
  • RB Keith Ford
  • S Natrell Jamerson
  • LB Markus Jones
  • CB Jocquez Kalili
  • QB DeShone Kizer
  • WR Allen Lazard
  • DL James Looney
  • S Tray Matthews
  • TE Pharoah McKever
  • WR J’Mon Moore
  • T Yosh Nijman
  • G/T Adam Pankey
  • CB Jackson Porter
  • LB Randy Ramsey
  • WR Teo Redding
  • CB Nydair Rouse
  • DL Olive Sagapolu
  • LB Brady Sheldon
  • DL Deon Simon
  • WR Malik Taylor
  • QB Manny Wilkins

The team has traded LB Reggie Gilbert to the Tennessee Titans for an undisclosed draft choice and traded G Justin McCray to the Cleveland Browns for an undisclosed draft choice. The Packers have also placed S Ibraheim Campbell and LB Greg Roberts on reserve/physically unable to perform, placed WR Equanimeous St. Brown on injured reserve, and waived/injured LB Curtis Bolton and FB Malcolm Johnson. The transactions were announced Saturday by General Manager Brian Gutekunst.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Which year? Which Pryor? Terrelle Pryor? "Went off?" You mean like got injured, played well, got really angry, or went crazy but not in a good way? ;)

I think I remember that year, he was literally on fire!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
EQ did not make the initial 53, so he will be on season ending IR.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah kind of an odd deal, if that is really the deal or is it a conditional one, always guaranteeing the Packers a "better pick"?
Could be, with the Browns giving their 6th. instead of their 7th. if the Packer's 7th. is the better pick. Something like that. I still like the idea it was dogs woofing.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....Texans are going all in and the Dolphins are stockpiling for the future.

Blockbuster Deal:

The #Texans get LT Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills and a fourth rounder. … The #Dolphins get 2 first-rounders, a second rounder, ST Johnson Bademosi and OL Julien Davenport.

In the next two drafts, the Dolphins have four 1st rounders, four 2nd rounders, and then two third-rounders with a potential third-rounder comp pick coming.
Seeing as how Dolphins players said they were going to revolt if Tunsil was traded, I'd load up on draft picks too.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe it took me this long to remember to post this. Its gotta be a tradition.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hilarious.

They are *choosing* to let him go. In other words, they don't want him. That's not depth taking a hit. He would have to make the roster to be depth in the first place.
he's been depth, so he was depth. he's been replaced by someone with much less experience. in time it may be an upgrade but as of right now it's a hit.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not being technical. i'm being literal. as i said above in my edit...he's been replaced by someone with much less experience. in time it may be an upgrade but as of right now it's a hit.
He's being replaced by someone they want to keep on the team, that's a hit LOL

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are many, including the front office that made decisions to make this team better. While McCray was a tiny surprise in being cut, losing him is hardly a hit especially when it wasn't because he was a FA, it wasn't because he was hurt, it wasn't to save cap space, it wasn't for any other reason other than the people making the decision think they have better on the team than him. You're right, What's so hard about this?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are many, including the front office that made decisions to make this team better. While McCray was a tiny surprise in being cut, losing him is hardly a hit especially when it wasn't because he was a FA, it wasn't because he was hurt, it wasn't to save cap space, it wasn't for any other reason other than the people making the decision think they have better on the team than him. You're right, What's so hard about this?
i've mentioned it twice already. experience. they're playing the long game here.

Members online