S Tray Matthews
CB Jackson Porter
CB Nydair Rouse
FB Malcolm Johnson
K Sam Ficken
WR J’Mon Moore
CB Kabion Ento
LB James Folston

Thought Matthew might have showed enough to stay, but none of the rest are a shock.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was on my cut list. He couldn't earn his job back from Byron Bell last season. That would have been one indication he was on the bubble from the get go.

I didn't like him last year. Him being cut doesn't surprise me and I don't understand the shock of some.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Browns traded for #Packers guard Justin McCray, giving up a 2020 draft pick per Scott Petrak.

GO GUTEY!!!!

Schefter confirms. McCray is reunited with James Campen in Cleveland.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noteables:

Raiders cut Keelan Doss with eyes on PS

Jets cut Jachai Polite (HMMMM.....)

Chargers have given Melvin Gordon permission to seek a trade. Chargers are also rumored to be in discussions with LeSean McCoy

Browns swapped 7th Rounders with Packers for McCray. Not sure how that's gonna play out.

H

HardRightEdge

#Patriots are releasing QB Brian Hoyer.

*says a quick prayer that Gute can magically cHange Boyle and Kizer into a Hoyer*
Hoyer signed a cheap deal with NE in 2017 for 3 years, $4.8 mil total. $2.8 mil was supposed to come this year with $1.5 mil guaranteed, so Hoodie gave him a nice parting gift.

I can't imagine he'd be anything but inexpensive now. I would not object. The guy has won some football games which is more than we can say about Kizer or Boyle. Hoyer was 16-15 as a starter before going 0-6 with SF in 2017.

D

Deleted member 6794

OLB Markus Jones has been released as well. It seems the Packers will keep only four players at the position.

H

HardRightEdge

Browns swapped 7th Rounders with Packers for McCray. Not sure how that's gonna play out.
Sounds like a side bet between old cronies.

G: "I bet I win more games than you."
D: "No way. I'll put my 7th. up against yours."
G: "You're on, bro."

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hoyer signed a cheap deal with NE in 2017 for 3 years, $4.8 mil total. $2.8 mil was supposed to come this year with $1.5 mil guaranteed, so Hoodie gave him a nice parting gift.

I can't imagine he'd be anything but inexpensive now. I would not object. The guy has won some football games which is more than we can say about Kizer or Boyle. Hoyer was 16-15 as a starter before going 0-6 with SF in 2017.

Agreed. I have heard mention by others of signing QB's that people think had talent coming out of college, but have done nothing in the NFL. I think we have seen enough of those guys and the results. While we have #12 and a shot at a decent season, until we are serious about finding his replacement, can we please sign a vet QB like Hoyer and forget about this notion of "developing a backup" as our #2? I would be fine keeping Boyle as the #3 or even better, on the PS. Of course that is only if the Packers think he has a future, but he isn't backup ready right now to be the #2 IMO.

H

HardRightEdge

Agreed. I have heard mention by others of signing QB's that people think had talent coming out of college, but have done nothing in the NFL. I think we have seen enough of those guys and the results. While we have #12 and a shot at a decent season, until we are serious about finding his replacement, can we please sign a vet QB like Hoyer and forget about this notion of "developing a backup"?
The NFL graveyard is littered with decent college QBs who never made the grade. In the case of Hoyer, Pettine would able to render an opinion. He was Hoyer's head coach in 2014 in Cleveland. Hoyer went 7-6 as a starter that year and, interestingly, led the league in yards per completion. He must have thrown deep a lot that year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like a side bet between old cronies.

G: "I bet I win more games than you."
D: "No way. I'll put my 7th. up against yours."
G: "You're on, bro."

Yeah kind of an odd deal, if that is really the deal or is it a conditional one, always guaranteeing the Packers a "better pick"?

Campen is the new Brown's OL coach, guessing he likes McCray enough to push for doing something like this, instead of trying to sign McCray or get him off waivers.

Members online

Latest posts