CUTDOWN DAY 2019 -- the Turk cometh and taketh away the playbook

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The NFL graveyard is littered with decent college QBs who never made the grade. In the case of Hoyer, Pettine would able to render an opinion. He was Hoyer's head coach in 2014 in Cleveland. Hoyer went 7-6 as a starter that year and, interestingly, led the league in yards per completion. He must have thrown deep a lot that year.

Hold the phone! 7-6 as a BROWNS starter? This guy is the next Tom Brady if he can accomplish THAT! Get out there and sign him Gute!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Source on Pankey?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...racking-the-cuts-from-90-to-the-53-man-roster

Demovsky reports Lazard waived by Packers. Says, "Rodgers loved him."

Hoping we can get him to the PS, really like this guy.

Bubble Players Reportedly Safe on the 53-man Roster
  • RB Dexter Williams
  • ILB James Crawford
  • ILB Ty Summers
  • DL Fadol Brown
  • CB Ka’Dar Hollman
  • CB Chandon Sullivan
  • WR Darrius Shepherd
  • WR Equanimeous St. Brown (likely headed to Inured Reserve on Sunday)

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Hold the phone! 7-6 as a BROWNS starter? This guy is the next Tom Brady if he can accomplish THAT! Get out there and sign him Gute!
The Browns were 4-12 the year before, 3-13 the year after. He must have been doing something right.

He was also 5-4 with Houston as a starter in 2015. That was a 9-7 team that made the playoffs.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noteables:

Raiders cut Keelan Doss with eyes on PS

Jets cut Jachai Polite (HMMMM.....)

Chargers have given Melvin Gordon permission to seek a trade. Chargers are also rumored to be in discussions with LeSean McCoy

Browns swapped 7th Rounders with Packers for McCray. Not sure how that's gonna play out.
The Browns were 4-12 the year before, 3-13 the year after. He must have been doing something right.

He was also 5-4 with Houston as a starter in 2015. That was a 9-7 team that made the playoffs.

Is the Hoyer year the same when Pryor went off?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

That says a lot to me. If you look what happened to the Packers when Hundley took over and how bad Kizer looked behind center in his 62 snaps, I will take a QB like Hoyer any day for my #2. Of course the Great Bill Belichick must disagree with me or Jarrett Stidham is really THAT good, since cutting Hoyer, means Stidham is the Pats #2 QB.

Another thing lost in this is what the #2 QB can do for their team behind the scenes. Evidently Hoyer was the Patriots scout-team QB and praised for his ability to really know a lot about the upcoming opponents QB.

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only disappointment so far is Lazard. I thought he earned a roster spot.
Agreed, I dont get why they kept Shepherd over him but oh well. He'll probably end up on our PS. Doss from the Raiders is apprently cut, seems like an interesting avenue to pursue

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Only disappointment so far is Lazard. I thought he earned a roster spot.

I feel the same, although I still think Boyle would have been an easy slide to the PS and prefer Kizer over him. But that is like saying I prefer warm beer over warm soda.

I also felt Shepherd would be an easier slide to the PS and really think Lazard is going to be scooped up pretty fast, before the Packers have the chance to do that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed, I dont get why they kept Shepherd over him but oh well. He'll probably end up on our PS. Doss from the Raiders is apprently cut, seems like an interesting avenue to pursue

Yup and the Pats cut Demaryius Thomas, which was a bit of a surprise to me. I don't know much about his personality, but he was a hell of a WR and is back after his Achilles injury last season. He had 87 yards and two touchdowns in the Pats final Preseason game. Sounds like the Pats may want him back, so no clue if they have some kind of side deal with him to wait and just resign with them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the teams swapped seventh round picks in 2020. The Packers might end up receiving a worse pick in return for trading McCray.

Can they at least word it so that if the Packers finish with a worse record the trade is somehow void. Maybe worded so that the Packers get the higher of the two draft picks. If not its a foolish move by Gute IMO.

Edit: Maybe I should say very risky move as opposed to foolish. I see little upside but I suppose since we are essentially talking about UDFAs here its a gamble that says I trust my team will be drafting low in every round so I'll take the gamble.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow....Texans are going all in and the Dolphins are stockpiling for the future.

Blockbuster Deal:

The #Texans get LT Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills and a fourth rounder. … The #Dolphins get 2 first-rounders, a second rounder, ST Johnson Bademosi and OL Julien Davenport.

In the next two drafts, the Dolphins have four 1st rounders, four 2nd rounders, and then two third-rounders with a potential third-rounder comp pick coming.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the same, although I still think Boyle would have been an easy slide to the PS and prefer Kizer over him. But that is like saying I prefer warm beer over warm soda.

I also felt Shepherd would be an easier slide to the PS and really think Lazard is going to be scooped up pretty fast, before the Packers have the chance to do that.
I see it the same way.

I thought Kizer improved more than Boyle this camp and his greater upside would carry the day. So I'm mildly surprised, but i really like Boyle as well.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Ryan Wood at PackersNews.Com:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on now. It was the Browns. Going 7-6 as a QB for the Browns is on par with going 14-2 with an average NFL team.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....Texans are going all in.

Blockbuster Deal:

The #Texans get LT Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills and a fourth rounder. … The #Dolphins get 2 first-rounders, a second rounder, ST Johnson Bademosi and OL Julien Davenport
Wow. And no clowney in the deal?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts