Clowney is signed, sealed, and delivered

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Packer draft pick signed...I didn't see any terms of the deal.

Maybe our deep threat woes are history???

:mug:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The only knock on the guy that I see.. which has been documented is his build and over body strength. But if he can beat the jamb or chuck he might force the safeties to rotate over and really open up the middle of the field in these cover 2 schemes in MN and Chitown.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only knock on the guy that I see.. which has been documented is his build and over body strength. But if he can beat the jamb or chuck he might force the safeties to rotate over and really open up the middle of the field in these cover 2 schemes in MN and Chitown.

Marinelli runs the cover 2 in DET as well.

I dont really care that much about draft pick signings. I guess its good to get guy into camp early.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Yeah I have a tendancy to forget about that coaching staff there... hell I kind of forget totally about the team. Good catch :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict Clowney gets cut before the end of training camp.
Just a gut feeling.
I'm thinking taxi squad.
With all the developing WR's, you might just be right on this.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah i believe the coaching staff are impressed with Holliday and Martin, who would be Clowney's biggest competition so its gonna be hella tough for him to make the final roster, a definite guy to keep for the PS tho

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah i believe the coaching staff are impressed with Holliday and Martin, who would be Clowney's biggest competition so its gonna be hella tough for him to make the final roster, a definite guy to keep for the PS tho

Holliday and Martin would have to be significantly better that Clowney to beat him out. If it's a tie or if TT sees some potential in Clowney that makes him think Clowney will be better than Holliday or Martin, Clowney will stay and one of the other two will be cut. Simple politics and economics in the NFL dictate that all things being relatively equal, draft picks stay over undrafted free agents.

Before anyone has done anything meaningful I predict the WRs as

1. Donald Driver
2. Greg Jennings
3. James Jones
4. Carlyle Holliday
5. David Clowney

I think Fergie, unless he manages to stay healthy and actually do something and Martin will be cut.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think its reasonable to carry 6 recievers into the year... especially if one is your kick returner.

i could see Martin being kept and then maybe practice squaded(word?) when K-rob got back up to speed.

with special teams to consider... i dont think carrying 6 recievers is a bad idea.

Pack93z

Reaction score
i think its reasonable to carry 6 recievers into the year... especially if one is your kick returner.

i could see Martin being kept and then maybe practice squaded(word?) when K-rob got back up to speed.

with special teams to consider... i dont think carrying 6 recievers is a bad idea.

I was going to say the same type of thing.. especially the way the position has been decimated with injuries that they might hold onto six. Hopefully this year we won't have 4 TE and 2 FB chewing up roster space.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really care that much about draft pick signings. I guess its good to get guy into camp early.

I agree...it's comforting to know the ball is rolling, but at the same time expected of a mid-draft pick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Clowney. I like him better than James Jones. His speed will give the Packers a nice asset to the offense. The problem is he needs to bulk up a little bit. He needs to add at least 5 to 10 pounds. If he doesn't then I see him being injury prone for his career.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I like Clowney. I like him better than James Jones. His speed will give the Packers a nice asset to the offense. The problem is he needs to bulk up a little bit. He needs to add at least 5 to 10 pounds. If he doesn't then I see him being injury prone for his career.

Agreed, BTW nice to see you back here :thumbsup:

Staff online

Latest posts