Clay Matthews in wait-and-see mode

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the silver lining is that Peppers is looking sharp and Neal is playing strong. I really hope Matthews isn't hurt too bad.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jayrone Elliott time? Been looking forward to seeing him play again. Hopefully Matthews can go, but if he is limited, I'd like to see Elliott show off.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Jeez... this guy and his health. He makes such a big impact every game its hard to get mad but man, it gets old. Good thing is that neal seams to finally be playing with the value of a 3rd round pick and perry in his limited play has been solid. But they really can't replace clay...no way. (sorry had to rhyme there)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like clock work with this guy. he gets hurt around the 3rd or 4th game every year. If he didn't break his thumb it would've been the Hammy, the groin is a new one yet an injury none the less. I don't want to question the guys toughness but come on man your uncle and father played through everything.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dbain21 - I feel your frustration. NFL is a tough sport, I know injuries happen. But with Matthews the injuries seem to happen much more frequent than a lot of other players. Now I think part of that has to do with how energetic he is. I think we can all agree he is constantly moving around, his engine never stops, he is always in full-attack mode and I think that contributes in part to his injuries. But it is frustrating that our most explosive defensive player always seems to be injured. The last 3 years now he has missed significant time with injuries. 2012 he missed 4 complete games and I think went out injured on a couple more. 2013 he missed 5 complete games and went out injured in a couple more.

Hopefully it's not a nagging injury and he can miss one game and be back to full-health. I would hate to see him gone for extended games, again.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay Matthews is like an overclocked computer processor. He's that good because he's running faster than the infrastructure was designed to withstand. Eventually there are breakdowns. I guy his size should be getting manhandled out there. His heart and motor are overclocked.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay Matthews is like an overclocked computer processor. He's that good because he's running faster than the infrastructure was designed to withstand. Eventually there are breakdowns. I guy his size should be getting manhandled out there. His heart and motor are overclocked.

To bad his hammys and groin are to..,eventually they break down.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Frankly, I am more than disappointed with CM3 and his lack of performance and is now new label of injury prone. Teams used to double team him, now an average O line man can block him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Frankly, I am more than disappointed with CM3 and his lack of performance and is now new label of injury prone. Teams used to double team him, now an average O line man can block him.
I understand being disappointed with Clay's injuries but unless you are fixated on sacks alone, I don't know what you’re watching to post he hasn’t performed. He got fooled a couple of times by Seattle and lost contain, but before leaving the Lions game, he had a tackle for minus 5 yards, a knockdown, and a batted pass. He’s still been the biggest difference-maker on D this season. I’d love to see him healthy vs. average OL attempting to block him over and over again.

Reaction score
Jayrone Elliott time? Been looking forward to seeing him play again. Hopefully Matthews can go, but if he is limited, I'd like to see Elliott show off.
yes... Yes....YEs...YES!!!
I don't care if he's 5th string. He deserved a look in a game that counts

Jason Pipes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have long been concerned that his on field performance didn't always match the amount he was getting paid versus the amount of time he is out injured. I'm worried this will be another year in which he doesn't play nearly as much as he should (or that we want him to anyway).

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we just have to get used to the idea that he will only playing 7 or 8 games a season.

No one is worth keeping on a team year after year if they will only be good for 7 or 8 games a year. But Clay hasn't been that bad, although I am concerned about his injuries because he is our best defensive player. He missed 4 games in 2012 and 5 games in 2013 and went out injured in several others. But I heard he has been limited in practice but he HAS been practicing. Hopefully that means he can play this weekend.

Reaction score
Q: What is the difference between a Bears fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: What's the difference between the Chicago Bears and a dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

?
Concerning the Bears Safety position. Would the 2nd String Starter to the 1st string safety be secondary to the secondary? Or should that not be our primary concern?

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
?
Concerning the Bears Safety position. Would the 2nd String Starter to the 1st string safety be secondary to the secondary? Or should that not be our primary concern?

I think the Bears second string starting safety should be primary to the secondary otherwise it becomes the random element..

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he's not 100% right now, but expects to be on game day.
I sure hope he's 100% on gameday.. we're going to need a very good effort on defense Sunday. I know the Bears offense is only ranked 27th after 3 games but this is a division game and anything can happen. I have a feeling the Bears will have a good day on the offensive side of the ball.

Reaction score
I think the Bears second string starting safety should be primary to the secondary otherwise it becomes the random element..
OMG!! No one has EVER gotten the right answer, but I think you're on to something there.
Although it's important to note: it's a "no strings " relationship using the depth chart analysis.

Bahaha ha. Haha
Beauty.check
brains.check
Fun.check

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been injured but this Packer fan would like to see him utilized as a pass rusher more in likely passing situations. We're minimizing our best pass rusher.
Not concerned about Matthews--Glad he ran out of bounds on the pick.

I think the D has other issues that might be concerning.

Great win!