Clay’s groin

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason he has a job is because that contract Teddy gave him. Similar to how Cutler held the Bears hostage. Also Teddys inability to a dress that position. Clay would maybe go play to another team for like 1-2 Mil.

I knew once NFL started testing for HGH he would start to decline

OP
OP
Mike McCarthy

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason he has a job is because that contract Teddy gave him. Similar to how Cutler held the Bears hostage. Also Teddys inability to a dress that position. Clay would maybe go play to another team for like 1-2 Mil.

Right, we have been holding on to clay and his gimpy body parts for years because “we have nobody else”, geez maybe it’s time to find somebody else. :geek:

H

HardRightEdge

they've tried. the newest contestant is beigle. before that datone the tweener bust. clay just keeps on going.
Lest we not forget The Incredible Shrinking Neal and there's Kyler Failure. At least Jones and Neal could be trusted on run downs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm still shaking my head that we have an actual thread named after someone's "groin". :speechless: But the thread comments are interesting nonetheless.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm still shaking my head that we have an actual thread named after someone's "groin". :speechless: But the thread comments are interesting nonetheless.

I was half expecting you to let out a "big groin" over the thread name. :coffee:

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously... would the Packers be better off Trading Clay somewhere now (maybe the Browns?)

What is our solution at that position if its not Clay?

Reaction score
Seriously... would the Packers be better off Trading Clay somewhere now (maybe the Browns?)

Paying him what he’s worth. Although that sounded sarcastic Im being entirely serious here.
Also depending on who gets picked by #13 we likely should consider investing in his successor before we call him “Gray Beard II”

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As always, if we don't want him for $11+ mil, why would the Browns, or anyone else?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You seriously think a player if Clay Matthew's caliber can go play somewhere for $2 million a year? Serious?!

I get that the last couple years, Clay has been a disappointment, especially considering his contract. He's also played out of position, and busted his *** when available. He's not a bum.

In general with edge players in FA, you're paying $1-2M per sack. That's just what the market is. It might go down a little bit with players who are older. So please do realize that Clay isn't going to be playing anywhere for $2 million a year. Even Julius Peppers, at 37 years old, signed basically a $4M/year contract (side note: what a freak he is. I hate you Dom Capers, I hate you).

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seriously think a player if Clay Matthew's caliber can go play somewhere for $2 million a year? Serious?!

I get that the last couple years, Clay has been a disappointment, especially considering his contract. He's also played out of position, and busted his *** when available. He's not a bum.

In general with edge players in FA, you're paying $1-2M per sack. That's just what the market is. It might go down a little bit with players who are older. So please do realize that Clay isn't going to be playing anywhere for $2 million a year. Even Julius Peppers, at 37 years old, signed basically a $4M/year contract (side note: what a freak he is. I hate you Dom Capers, I hate you).

What caliber? He has been ineffective. He takes plays off,he does maybe 1-3 plays where he actually hustles a game . I think we are over valuing him be sure he's a Packer, but I'm willing to bet many teams would actually be interested if he hits the market.

He was good until they started testing for HGH.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What caliber? He has been ineffective. He takes plays off,he does maybe 1-3 plays where he actually hustles a game . I think we are over valuing him be sure he's a Packer, but I'm willing to bet many teams would actually be interested if he hits the market.

He was good until they started testing for HGH.

3 plays a game max, where he hustles? You aren't watching the games. No way in hell anybody could seriously say that.

He was busting his *** in the last game of a season that didn't matter.

I think you need to re-watch the tape and take your bias out.

Reaction score
Keep clay. Just trade his groin.
Perfect. Just for fun. I’m going to tell his agent to ask him before we make him a short term offer..
“Would he be willing to restructure his groin first?”
Love,

Glute... I mean Gute

I literally would demand an answer. Show him who’s boss. Then we can talk business! Lol

Last edited:

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they've tried. the newest contestant is beigle. before that datone the tweener bust. clay just keeps on going.

Trying would have been drafting TJ Watt. Biegel is just a pawn who will be a low end backer for us this season.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alec Ogletree and a 7th was traded today to the New York Giants for a 4th and a 6th round draft pick. That is the compensation you would be expecting if you were to trade Clay Matthews fwiw.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers definitely have to upgrade their pass rush this offseason no matter if they hold on to Matthews or release him. It would be more difficult to improve the position without Clay though.

As a side note there's no way any other team trades for him at this point.

Alec Ogletree and a 7th was traded today to the New York Giants for a 4th and a 6th round draft pick. That is the compensation you would be expecting if you were to trade Clay Matthews fwiw.

I don't believe the Rams trading Ogletree to the Giants sets the bar for the compensation the Packers would receive for Matthews as they play different positions.

Once again, I guess other teams would give up a decent draft pick for Clay if he wouldn't be set to earn more than $10 million for next season with his contract expiring after 2018.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe the Rams trading Ogletree to the Giants sets the bar for the compensation the Packers would receive for Matthews as they play different positions.

Once again, I guess other teams would give up a decent draft pick for Clay if he wouldn't be set to earn more than $10 million for next season with his contract expiring after 2018.

I don't think you would expect much more compensation than that. Ogletree is younger as well.

Members online