Clay’s groin

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injured or not, Matthews is not the difference make he once was. And always injured. Trade him, if he still has trade value at all.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injured or not, Matthews is not the difference make he once was. And always injured. Trade him, if he still has trade value at all.
he's actually had a good year. if our secondary wasn't such a sieve, and could make the qb hold a ball an extra second or two, he'd have several more sacks...hell, everyone would.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
he's actually had a good year. if our secondary wasn't such a sieve, and could make the qb hold a ball an extra second or two, he'd have several more sacks...hell, everyone would.

While this is true, it seems to also be the same problem that has plagued Capers defense every year. Not a good enough rush, exposes the secondary, bad secondary doesn't allow an effective pass rush. Is it the chicken or the egg. I'm voting calling it an omelette and just firing the chef for making it so damn runny almost every week!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that goes for everyone who plays football. suddenly it's a bad thing? i thought it showed heart, dedication, and toughness*.

* desire to meet an incentive clause
My point was that he has had them recently contrary to the claim you made above. I'm not defending or criticizing Mathews... just setting your facts straight. Mathews seems to pull a Hammy every year ... last year I believe it was in the Vikings game.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this is true, it seems to also be the same problem that has plagued Capers defense every year. Not a good enough rush, exposes the secondary, bad secondary doesn't allow an effective pass rush. Is it the chicken or the egg. I'm voting calling it an omelette and just firing the chef for making it so damn runny almost every week!

LOL Unfortunately, despite the team's name we are more like scrambled eggs on defense because the secondary is often out of position. The cook should be fired for just scrambling eggs instead of making a turkey and cheese omelette.

Food analogies aside, the answer to the "chicken or the egg" question is obviously the chicken. Interceptions and passes defensed (PD for short) begin with pressuring the QB. Even if no linemen hit the QB in time, he is forced to throw too early and might be staring at a 300-pound man in his face. If a lineman does hit him, the quarterback's throwing motion could be affected by the contact because someone grabs or pushes his right arm. (I have seen QBs throw left-handed to avoid sacks because of this.) And if a ball is tipped, linebackers or defensive backs have a better chance of intercepting the pass.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Matthews only has 1 year left on his contract, which is for $11.4M next year. I doubt anyone would trade for him to pick that up and also knowing he is a FA after one year. The only way he gets traded is with a favorable restructured contract for the new team. But if he is willing to do that, then I would prefer just to keep him if the price is right, we need him.

The positive for the Packers is that his bonuses have been paid, so no dead cap money. If they don't want him at $11.4M, can't restructure his last year into a new deal or can't find a trade partner, they can cut him without a cap hit.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Speaking of Clay's groin...everyone see the pic of Mike Daniels where it appears he pee'd himself? He was asked about it in an interview, said he sweats there and, "Why is everyone fixated on my crotch?"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Something I should get the missus to do every night? :whistling:

Speaking of Clay's groin...everyone see the pic of Mike Daniels where it appears he pee'd himself? He was asked about it in an interview, said he sweats there and, "Why is everyone fixated on my crotch?"

Hard to tell that the Packers season seems to be swirling down the toilet fast! :coffee:

H

HardRightEdge

Everyone does know what a groin pull is right? :coffee:
Groin "pull": It's that muscle high on the inside of the thigh.

Groin "injury": That can mean a lot of things. Have you even seen a guy listed as having a "******** bruise"? No, you have not. Man, that sh*t hurts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
when a woman has a "sternum" injury.....are you guys all picturing two boobs wrapped in tape?

Oh hell....nevermind! LOL

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It is imperative that Clay's groin be kept in the forefront ... as well as Mike Daniels' crotch.

So.... UPYOUGO ....