1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chillar cut due to off-season injury

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by slaughter25, Jul 29, 2011.

1. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    The loss of Chillar actually hurt my heart! I love this guy and I will miss him terribly!. As to the LB question, I don't know if I'd hit the panic button just yet. Wait and see how they do. Look at this team last year, all the areas we thought were thin actually had a lot more heart than we ever could of imagined. I have faith in the players we do have. I think if it becomes an issue, TT will fix it in trade/draft.

• Like Like x 2
  3. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Not quite hitting the panic button yet. Still a very long way to go until Sept 8th but after seeing the array of our big name starters go down like flies last year it is just a bit unnerving to know that there really isn't anyone worth talking about behind the two guys right up the middle of our defense. But in the end you are right In Ted We Trust

4. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Maybe Brad Jones, Frank Zombo, or Erik Walden can prove versatile or one of the rookies will surprise, similar to Zombo.

5. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I think TT has to have a lot of faith in Eric Walden, Brad Jones, and Frank Zombo. If you think about it, we still have pretty good depth in the LB position.

All have exceptional talent and pro bowl caliber skills
    Clay Matthews
    A.J. Hawk
    Desmond Bishop

Filled in a roll and excelled at it
    Eric Walden (Chicago game Week 17 anybody?)
    Brad Jones (Started as a rookie)
    Frank Zombo (Decent at pass rush and coverage and best friends with CM3)

Others
    D.J. Smith (TT will always make room for another rookie)
    Diyral Briggs (Might get released to make room for an undrafted free agent)

6. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    i liked some of the flashes shown by Walden Jones and Zombo but those were all at OLB a very very very different position in the 3-4 than ILB. I'd like to think that one of them could step up if needed but none of them has the skill set of Hawk Bishop or Chillar for that matter

7. Chillarfan54

Chillarfan54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38

8. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    It's actually kind of strange, as a fan I really have never thought so much about the depth of a team until after this year. You expect some injuries but nothing like last year. All I know is that every time someone went down, someone else stepped up and got it done.
    Even Howard Green came along well into the year. Now he's on the team. With teams scrambling this year releasing players and grabbing free agents it's a nut house. You have to believe there's someone out there who Ted would call on if it's a problem.
    To be honest, I'm more scared of our CB depth than ILB. But you know Whitt will have House playing dime within a month, lol.

9. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442

10. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    maybe im just indifferent about it, but i never thought he was good at all and thought he was paid WAYY too much.. he blew so many plays when they had him in that stupid safety role.. and he was just flat out invisible on the field.. he never did much for me at all and im glad hes gone

11. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I have to agree with you on one point. Moving him to safety was a real bad idea. I hate to think that idea came from the mind of Capers. It just didn't work out for him or the line as a whole.