Cherish these great moments at the top!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm writing an article for the Packers Insider by tonight, but I wanted to heads-up everyone here quick on the point/basis of this thing.

These are great moments in the limelight, basking in the glory. They remind me of 1997 after we had just broken thru, were at the top, and everyone expected us to win the SB again that season, and perhaps have a dynasty like the Cowboys had just, or like the 49ers had just, or even better like the Steelers had.

As you know, we never won another.
Who knows what this team's future holds, and yes we should win more.

But right here, right now, be sure to appreciate and cherish these great moments. Some teams never ever get here. Fans of the Browns, Lions, Vikings, Chargers.... they've never won a Super Bowl. Ever.

The Vikings have never even made it to the game since the 1970's, and they've had some great teams. They had a team that went 15-1, broke many NFL records, crushed us, and they still didn't even get to the Super Bowl.

Record, buy keepsakes, save, cherish, and remember all of these great moments!
We are way beating the odds right now by enjoying 2 Super Bowl wins in a 15-year span. If we add another this year, we are way way way ahead of the percentages.... but regardless, enjoy this whole journey!

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I was just talking to a friend about how hard it is not to take this Packers team for granted. I'm looking forward to reading the article.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Growing up through some really terrible football years for the Packers is what makes us cherish this stuff now, right? Even though we never went back to the big game between '97 and '10, those years were still way better than the '70s and '80s...

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember when Bart Starr was coaching the Pack in the 70's. Ugh, those were some sad years for my dad.

This Packers team is a thing of beauty. Packer fans have a lot to be grateful for and celebrate... for many years to come, I think.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The Packers team and Packers fan are both a thing of beauty!!!
( I thing ForgetFavre has something similar in his siggy!)

your almost there Texas9erfan! LOL!!
I'm just razzing you! ;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I like to think about is if this current Packers team becomes a football dynasty then it will be the only NFL team to ever repeat that in the Super Bowl era.
Packers were the team of the 60s and they could very well be the team of the twenty tens.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts